Friday Funnies

jackhammer91406

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! Filled to the brim with racist implications. I don't find it funny at all; but I don't want to shoot the messanger by giving it a thumbs down or angry face rating, since I'm guessing that @TruHart1 doesn't subscribe to what is being implied, but just posting it for shock value.

I'm very sorry if this seems offensive to some. Nothing racist meant at all...there are just so many, many. many comparison vids on Youtube about the Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich compared to the Popeyes chicken sandwich!

TruHart1 :cool:

Whoa! Filled to the brim with racist implications. I don't find it funny at all; but I don't want to shoot the messanger by giving it a thumbs down or angry face rating, since I'm guessing that @TruHart1 doesn't subscribe to what is being implied, but just posting it for shock value.

It's obviously racist. But wasn't that the point of the joke, to make fun of the racist being obviously racist? (Not humor that will appeal to everyone, probably for some solid personal reasons.)

Edited by RealAvalon

It's obviously racist. But wasn't that the point of the joke, to make fun of the racist being obviously racist? (Not humor that will appeal to everyone, probably for some solid personal reasons.)

Isn't the racially-charged stereotype that the father isn't around at all after abandoning the family or the mother doesn't know who the father is? I've typically seen the weekend father to be the stereotypical white guy who divorces mom for a hotter, younger woman and sees his kids on the weekend.

Funny, I didn’t think it was racist at all.

In fact, I had to read it several times to even come up with some

twisted interpretation that made it even sound slightly racist to me.

I guess we all look with our own eyes.

I had the same reaction you did.

2. Flabbergasted (adj.), appalled over how much weight you have gained.

I have often told my nurses how flabbergasted I am with my patients' weights. Many are children whose Body Mass Index For Age is greater than 99.9%ile. Many already show signs of liver injury, knee problems, back problems, diabetes, and high blood pressure. I did see a new (adult) patient whose BMI was 53.2, and I must admit that I was flabbergasted that her blood sugar, liver functions, and cholesterol were fine, and she only needed one medication for her blood pressure. That's good genetics. That being said, her knees and hips were wrecked, and she can only travel short distances in a seated walker.

I'm very sorry if this seems offensive to some. Nothing racist meant at all...there are just so many, many. many comparison vids on Youtube about the Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich compared to the Popeyes chicken sandwich!

TruHart1 :cool:

It's blatantly racist. I'm certainly not Mr. PC by any means, but Popeye's has been primarily marketed by and to the African-American community, and the stereotype of the Popeye's customer is of an African American (though I would personally much rather spend my money at Popeye's than Chick-fil-A). Chick-fil-A brags about its "Christian" values, its financial donations to conservative causes, and the fact that it won't open on Sundays because the Lord said it's a day for rest. Where is the joke otherwise? That being said, one of my nurses at work gives me coupons for free food there (Chick-Fil-A). I've never spend a dime there, though I've tried a lot of their food. I wouldn't buy it, but I'll eat it if it's free. I don't understand why it's so popular. I've seen cars backing down the road 25 cars deep behind the drive-through. Fortunately the street has two lanes.

popeyes.png?w=980&q=75

Edited by Unicorn

Isn't the racially-charged stereotype that the father isn't around at all after abandoning the family or the mother doesn't know who the father is? I've typically seen the weekend father to be the stereotypical white guy who divorces mom for a hotter, younger woman and sees his kids on the weekend.

I had the same reaction you did.

It was being obvious with its racist tropes, that was the joke. To make fun of a racist being a racist

i pretty much never buy fast food or pay attention to the ads for chicken sandwiches. I have no idea whether Popeyes markets primarily to the African American community. It's hard to find it racist without extra information that I'm not able to verif y.