Dancing With The Stars 2010

Cooper
This topic is 4672 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Oh, I suspect Kate G. has just as many people that hate her as like her. :rolleyes:

I can't honestly disagree with eliminating Buzz Aldrin before her. Likewise the Aussie, pretty though he was. She is at least showing progress. Not much, I'll grant you, and it remains to be seen how long she'll last at this point.

It's possible that Erin Andrews will go this week, but that will be Gosselin's last freebie.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the show's ratings are the highest ever -- even surpassing Idol for the first time ever. Some people apparently disagree with your assessment of boring.

The surprise of the season, so far, has been Pamela Anderson. And that's just fine with me because I'm developing quite a thing for her pretty partner.

Lysacek never shows any emotion. I was surprised to see a smile during one of his dances. He doesn't register emotion on his face even when being interviewed. It will keep him from winning.

Deej,

I constantly am amazed at the high viewer ratings... but then, when I flip around the channels... there is little else to distract one on regular TV. I can always find something more worthwhile on the Food Channel, or watching some other cable networks or even a film, but I find I keep switching back to DWTS.. of course, I want to see Derek show more of his fine chest, or see some of the other male professionals, as mentioned above.

I still think last seasons contestants had more finesse by this point, although I was not at all thrilled with Donnie Osmond winning. As for Kate G.... can't get away from this trainwreck. I was in t3wo lines (grocery store and drugstore outlet and all I saw was her face plastered on a half-dozen mag covers!!!! Boy does US society in general have to "get a life"! Thank God I can say I NEVER saw her original show - as I refuse to watch any program - especially reality TV - that exploits children.

I still think last seasons contestants had more finesse by this point, although I was not at all thrilled with Donnie Osmond winning. As for Kate G.... can't get away from this trainwreck. I was in t3wo lines (grocery store and drugstore outlet and all I saw was her face plastered on a half-dozen mag covers!!!! Boy does US society in general have to "get a life"! Thank God I can say I NEVER saw her original show - as I refuse to watch any program - especially reality TV - that exploits children.

Well, don't get me started on putting someone like Donny or Marie Osmond (who have been on stage DOING choreography their whole lives) against a pro football player, an astronaut, a housewife, a sports reporter, etc.

You have to remember that another term for "reality show" is "game show". Betty White is FABULOUS but a large part of her career is based in game show appearances. (Password, Match Game, etc.) Game shows are not new to our culture. :cool:

The interest in/coverage of the Gosselin brood (or the Octomom) isn't all that new either. The "Kienast quints" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kienast_quintuplets) were all the news when they were born in 1970 and they still get an annual visit from the morning show talking heads every year on their birthdays. We have "all paparazzi, all the time" these days, but the subject matter hasn't changed all that much. This one just stays on top of the news cycles because they're such a hot mess.

I'd imagine Tiger Woods and Jesse James are thankful for the Gosselins because every Gosselin magazine cover bumps one of theirs.

Movie Night on DWTS

Some Risky Business on Dancing with the Stars.

Dancing the Cha Cha Cha in his tighty whities is Jake Pavelka and his partner Chelsie Hightower... If you can't win with your dancing try sliding across the stage in your skivvies. It earned him 23 points and a dollar from judge Bruno.

http://media-files.gather.com/images/d967/d326/d746/d224/d96/f3/inter.jpg

http://froggypic.com/image/12/ee905818718e7649687c73cdeeb59cad.jpg

Video link of Jake's "Risky Business":

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7355082?fr=yvmtf

As for Kate, looks like she should be going home tonight. Total score 15 out of a possible 30. Putting her in last place.

As for Kate, looks like she should be going home tonight. Total score 15 out of a possible 30. Putting her in last place.

Could be, but I'm not so sure this is Kate's week. Don't forget her books are HUGELY popular with the mommy crowd, the show's primary demographic (and presumably primary voters).

Niecy Nash or Erin Andrews could go this week. :cool: Remember, last season the audience vote kept Cloris Leachman in it long enough to knock out a presumed front-runner.

Guest ChgoBoy
Remember, last season the audience vote kept Cloris Leachman in it long enough to knock out a presumed front-runner.

But Cloris had a bigger demographic working for her I think. Just like a "shallot", she had many layers of likable and enjoyable personality. She certainly had the senior vote and she also had the vote of all who followed and enjoyed the many roles she portrayed during her film career.

Kate might be interesting tabloid trash to some, but she's far from being anything close to a Frau Blücher or Nurse Diesel. :D

• 1 year later...

I've Got You, Babe!

I wonder what the judges will say about Chaz Bono?

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/FO4rlbyOn5xFqilvvD2Njw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD02MTI7cT04NTt3PTM5OQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/1c14c486a2577813f70e6a7067009ae0.jpg

Actually, I was wondering who Carson Kressley would dance with -- a man or a woman? Why not have a gay man do this season with a male dancer?

The producers actually addressed this when Lance Bass was a contestant several years ago.

The show was conceived to be as much as possible like a real ballroom competition. While there are a few same-sex couples doing ballroom professionally, competition is traditionally opposite sex.

The producers actually addressed this when Lance Bass was a contestant several years ago.

The show was conceived to be as much as possible like a real ballroom competition. While there are a few same-sex couples doing ballroom professionally, competition is traditionally opposite sex.

Thank you. That's what I told Tyger when he wanted to "dip" me. OMG, I think he was talking about another kind of "dipping"

Boston Bill

odd makers have chaz odds at 20 to 1 as going home first,

And to those of you that thought our country has made progress in terms of "acceptance", THINK AGAIN !!!!!

For all intensive purposes. Chaz should be viewed as simply a "MAN" dancing. Get over it people......

Archived