Dancing With The Stars 2010

Cooper
This topic is 4672 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Some handsome hunks are in this season's lineup of "Dancing With the Stars".

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ON0lJRGV7Mg/SYnvgQU4EZI/AAAAAAAAHl8/4vDKHN_38yg/s400/aidan.jpg

Aiden Turner, actor on "All My Children"

http://www.poptower.com/pic-15902/jake-pavelka-bachelor.jpg

Jake Pavelka from "The Bachelor"

http://thatsgayman.today.com/files/2009/05/evanlysacek9sh.jpg

Evan Lysacek, Olympic Gold Medalist for Figure Skating.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An American Hero on DWTS

.... and let's not forget the Astronaut, Buzz Aldrin, who might try some "moon walking" this season.

http://grouchosuave.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/buzz_aldrin_002.jpg

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures/2009/12/20/previews/Buzz%20Aldrin-ALO-101277.jpg

From the Cincinnati Bengals #85

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0BBkFoHaz6U/Sz_UKmBhBOI/AAAAAAAAAes/FBZ8NLXffp8/s640/ocho.jpg

Chad Ochocinco #85, wide receiver for the Cincinnati Bengals, and he can dance.

More of Bachelor Jake Pavelka

http://cm1.theinsider.com/thumbnail/325/439/cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/592/72/bachjake.jpg

http://fashioninmotion.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/jake-21.jpg

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/30824-jake-pavelka-expect-horrible-event-worse-than-rozlyn-scandal/1264081306_bachelor-290.jpg

Unfortunately, Aiden Turner doesn't appear to have any dancing skills. He'll probably leave the show around week four.

The true irony of this season is that readers of this message center should be spending all of their votes on Pamela Anderson so we can see more of her gorgeous partner, Damien Whitewood.

Unfortunately, Aiden Turner doesn't appear to have any dancing skills. He'll probably leave the show around week four.

The true irony of this season is that readers of this message center should be spending all of their votes on Pamela Anderson so we can see more of her gorgeous partner, Damien Whitewood.

Deej - again you and I think alike on some things -- as I watched this evening, I was hoping she would rip off that bullfighter's jacket so we could get a full view of that muscular chest!

Who's going home tonight?

There were some good dance performances last night and Evan Lysacek rose to the top of the "leaders board" but, in my opinion, it's either Kate Gosselin or Buzz Aldrin heading home.... However, that's only if you base your vote on dancing abilities.

Kate Gosselin will go home tonight I think.

In past seasons, audience votes/loyalty have kept the "old" (Cloris Leachman, for example) on the show for several weeks while eliminating the people who clearly aren't going to win anyway. In fact, Leachman was kept long enough for the nominal front-runner to be eliminated prompting some harsh words from the judges.

The NFL vote will keep Ochocinco in the contest until the field thins to people who show some actual dancing talent.

Typically, it's a popularity contest until the final four.

There were some good dance performances last night and Evan Lysacek rose to the top of the "leaders board" but, in my opinion, it's either Kate Gosselin or Buzz Aldrin heading home.... However, that's only if you base your vote on dancing abilities.

Oh please, let it be KATE! She has no dance skills whatsoever! I just feel sorry for her partner Tony who always seems to get the worst partners! What a mess. He is a great looking guy!

I am so disappointed that Mark Ballas was voted out last week and it seems since he injured his knee he wasn't going to be daning anyway. He's a great piece of eye candy. His "roomie" Derek Hough, too!

I don't know about others, but I am really a bit ho-hum about this season's show. I think it could be better.

AND, I still get a gay vibe from Evan! pro dancer, Louis Van Amstel came out publicly about a year ago and it was nice that he and his partner Nicey Nash performed in support of gay marriage last night although no one came right out and said the word "gay."

LOL

ED

AND, I still get a gay vibe from Evan!

Where there's smoke....

Johnny Weir all but directly outed our dear Evan on Chelsea Handler's show recently. Of course with Weir there's no telling whether he's just stirring up shit to get publicity or really dishing, but still.

Well once you get past Evan and Miss Pussycat, there is little talent in this field.

As to popularity contest until week 4, I beg to differ. On at three four different occassions the finale was a popularity contest. Donny Osmond and Emitt Smith just to name two won despite inferior performances.

So I believe it is a popularity contest from beginning to end. I even think Evan is hurt because his dance instructor Anna is not very good. Although yesterday was better, I dont think she is putting Evan in popular or interesting performances. She has little appeal and I dont think she connects well to Amercian audiences.

Although Derek was ripped by the judges for taking way too many liberties with Quick Step the performance was a crowd grabber and he is a great choreographer, dancer and a very hot looking guy!

Kate or Buzz or the aussie they are all just horrid as dancers and Kate's personality is just ugh!. I am bit pissed off at judges as they seem to always take it out on the star if the music or choreography stinks and last night was one of the worst nights ever for the music and singing was wretched. Simon was right when he suggested Didi or paige could sing on that "Dance Show". They off key all night long and Harold Wheeler ugh! as a music director. Even Tom did not seem on his game last night. They already stated that someone else picks the music.

One can only hope Kate or Buzz goes.

So does anybody know if the stars get paid for this and what sort of pay do the dancers get? A poster and I were having a discussion about this.

So does anybody know if the stars get paid for this and what sort of pay do the dancers get? A poster and I were having a discussion about this.

I read somewhere that the stars are paid (six figures) just for showing up, with bonuses paid for making the semi- quarter- and finals round.

The dancers are no doubt compensated on a similar, if slightly smaller, scale.

Judge Bruno takes it all off

Perhaps not the dancing celebrity we were hoping to see in the buff, however, DWTS judge Bruno Tonioli joins other celebrities in getting naked for charity. His cause, cancer research.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01610/naked_1610030c.jpg

I read somewhere that the stars are paid (six figures) just for showing up, with bonuses paid for making the semi- quarter- and finals round.

The dancers are no doubt compensated on a similar, if slightly smaller, scale.

TMZ reported something similar for the pay for Shawn Johnson who was on DWTS last season. "A judge had to approve the deal because she's a minor. Under the contract, Shawn gets a guarantee of $125,000 for appearing on the show. By surviving the first elimination, she gets an additional $10,000 a week for weeks 3 and 4. If Shawn survives the next eliminations, the rate doubles to $20,000 a week for weeks 5, 6 and 7. For weeks 8 and 9 she scores $30,000 a week. And here's where it really gets sweet. In weeks 10 and 11, if Shawn makes it through, she gets $50,000 a week. Total take if Shawn makes it to the final 2 -- $365,000."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/27/shawn-johnson-cores-big-with-dwts-contract/#ixzz0kMroeTRe

stripfan

I have watched the last two shows for the first time ever. There is a lot of very nice scenery which makes me want to come back - I really like all the men, but for some reason Dereck really appeals to me. Is his sister a famous singer? Is he on our team?

A salute to Buzz Aldrin

The moon walk is over for Buzz Aldrin as the self proclaimed "patriotic geezer" received the fewest votes. In his farewell interview, he showed support for all the men and women who serve in our armed forces and encouraged support for the Space Program. He's a true gentleman.

Sadly, it's another week of Kate plus "drama".

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100331/dwts-buzz-aldrin_240.jpg

Buzz Aldrin and his dance partner Ashley Costa

Dereck really appeals to me. Is his sister a famous singer? Is he on our team?

Famous is in the eye of the beholder. Julianne Hough, Derek's sister, was one of the pro dancers on the first several seasons of DWTS. She left the show to tend to a budding career in country music, winning "Newcomer of the Year" at the CMAs.

Derek's sexuality is a bit of a mystery. He maintains a public image as a womanizer, but most of the women he has "dated" have been assumed to be beards in their other "relationships". If he is gay (or even bi), he's deep in the closet. Don't think we want to claim him. (Fuck him into next week sure, but that's a different story.)

Derek & Mark

Derek's sexuality is a bit of a mystery. He maintains a public image as a womanizer, but most of the women he has "dated" have been assumed to be beards in their other "relationships". If he is gay (or even bi), he's deep in the closet. Don't think we want to claim him. (Fuck him into next week sure, but that's a different story.)

I keep telling everyone...he LIVES with Mark Ballas! Now it maybe that it is more economical to share a place and be "roomies," or the fact that Derek and his sister Julianne lived and trained with the Ballas' when they were teenagers, but I still suspect something might be up. If it is, it only adds to my fantasies. If something is up, it's in Mark's pants as this old Dancing With The Stars story/clip suggests....

http://toppayingideas.com/blog/2009/04/02/shawn-johnson-mark-ballas-boner-photo/

BTW, nice guitar work on the flamenco number last night! Mark and Derek have a band and have been out on the road in the off-season from DWTS. Alas, the closest they came to NYC was somewhere in NJ!

ED

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. WHY are people mezmerized by her? WHY did people tune in for months to see this wreck of a marriage with her wreck of a husband? I am amazed. As for the dancing... she is really awful, has two left feet, cannot seem to have the proper posture no matter what the dance is... I wonder if DWTS does not sort of tweet and fix the voting to keep some on for weeks... just for *ratings? Heck I only watch it for the professional male partners like Derek ;-)

Well kate is survivng because of some great timing of stories related to John going to court because Kate is not with the kids but for god's sake, danicing and with Tony, who makes John look like yesterday's fish. So of course the working women of America feel sorry for her. Blah, Blah Blah!!! Like everything else in these two people's lives, it has been choregraphed from the beginning to maximize on the almighty dollar. Oh and corse the sad story of Kate having to wake up everyday a check out TMZ to see what kind terrible stories they are making up about her, Cry ME A River!!!!

Speaking of crying, Aiden touching farewell made me want to vomit. He was born with two left feet and not an ounce of musicality in this stiff as a board Aussie, although I would not mind the stiff one in his pants.

The other problem is heading into week 5 these are still the worst Dancers I have ever seen on this show and really they are all fairly boring. I mean the judges loved Evan's technical performance but I saw zero personality in the dance and I still say Anna has zero personality and Evan you like but no passion.

Oh well maybe someone will come out of the pack.

The other problem is heading into week 5 these are still the worst Dancers I have ever seen on this show and really they are all fairly boring. I mean the judges loved Evan's technical performance but I saw zero personality in the dance and I still say Anna has zero personality and Evan you like but no passion.

Oh well maybe someone will come out of the pack.

Well, the show's ratings are the highest ever -- even surpassing Idol for the first time ever. Some people apparently disagree with your assessment of boring.

The surprise of the season, so far, has been Pamela Anderson. And that's just fine with me because I'm developing quite a thing for her pretty partner.

Lysacek never shows any emotion. I was surprised to see a smile during one of his dances. He doesn't register emotion on his face even when being interviewed. It will keep him from winning.

Deej you are right that the ratings are the highest ever. But I believe the reason why is in Kate G. The public just seems to be completely enamoured with her and her family. That is the reason she is still on the show because the public keeps voting for her.

As much as it is helping the ratings, I think there is a point in the show when she should go. I am not sure how fond the dancers would actually be of that but it keeps putting money in their pocket who cares.

I also agree I like Pamela's Aussie instructor.

Archived