Susan Boyle opens at the top of the charts

MsGuy
This topic is 5274 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I enjoyed the previews as well. Simple arrangements with powerful vocals. There may be a bit too much repetition in tone. A few more upbeat numbers might have better balanced the kind of bluesy, been in a dive bar till three oclock in the morning drinking rot gut scotch neat tone of most of the cuts.

Guest zipperzone
I enjoyed the previews as well. Simple arrangements with powerful vocals. There may be a bit too much repetition in tone. A few more upbeat numbers might have better balanced the kind of bluesy, been in a dive bar till three oclock in the morning drinking rot gut scotch neat tone of most of the cuts.

I love the kind of bluesy numbers you describe. Reminds me of many a good night/morning spend in dives in Hamburg & Berlin. I was afraid the album might have been too "goody two shoes" for my liking. I will pick it up this weekend.

Although I really enjoyed what I've heard so far I almost wish she'd done some original songs rather then all covers. Or maybe mix cover and original? Regardless I'm glad people are welcoming her into their homes and she showed those who teased her for being "different." Being one of those who are "different" and don't always follow the rest and do my own thing she is an inspiration. I do wonder though if there will be a sophomore album and tour in the works? I already plan on buying the album and if a tour follows would love to be entranced by her wonderful voice. Pure talent unlike most of what is out there.

Hugs,

Greg

I liked it very much but somehow I was a bit disappointed with the overall production. there doesn't seem to be any flow to the album and I just thought it could have been a bit better. Still, good listening, and good for susan. I wonder if she'll be touring?

ED

Susan Boyle not only smashed the British charts by having the largest first week sales for a debut album in UK chart history, but she also smashed the American charts by becoming the best selling female debut artist of all time. So far she has found success on both sides of the Atlantic and deservedly so. The great thing is Susan Boyle has become one of more recognizable faces of British music both at home and abroad.

As for the album itself, I think it's really good as there are some great pieces of music that suit her voice really well. The cover version of Rolling Stones classic " Wild Horses " is a great haunting melody and even debuted in the ninth spot on the British singles charts. Other stand out tracks are "How Great Thou Art" and offcourse "I Dreamed A Dream". The production values are very good and Steve Mac was a great as producer for the album. Now if only her album will get more radio airplay in America. As for the future, if there is to be a follow up album, I cant wait to see what direction she will take musically to become more diversified.

Guest zipperzone

I find it amusing - and gratifying - that although she did not win the contest, coming in number two, she is the one that we are hearing about and the one with the success.

As for the group that was voted number one - who are they and where are they and does anyone really care?

Way to go Susan!

I find it amusing - and gratifying - that although she did not win the contest, coming in number two, she is the one that we are hearing about and the one with the success.

As for the group that was voted number one - who are they and where are they and does anyone really care?

Way to go Susan!

She has a very affecting voice that I can't put my finger on but I find it very moving.

Way to go Susan!

The group that was voted number one for "Britain's Got Talent" are these days known as "Diversity". They are an eleven strong dance troupe from Essex and they range from ages 12-26 and of the members Ashley Banjo is doing a double act, besides being part of the dance troupe, he is also working on his university masters degree in Physics and Biology. Among fans of the Essex boys, who include three sets of brothers and four of their friends is Kylie Minogue and the late Michael Jackson who had wanted to utilise the dance groupe as his opening act for what would have been his UK tour. It would have been interesting to see what could have been with these two contrasting acts.

However in the meantime since winning the talent competition, the dance troupe have relatively kept busy raising money for various charities and had been asked to appear in a couple of music videos this past summer. They appeared in the 3-D film "Street Dance" alongside fellow "Britain's Got Talent" dance group "Flawless" and previous winner George Sampson. The film currently has a release date for May 10, 2010. Later this month they are scheduled to perform in front of the Queen at the Royal Variety Performances. The group is also in rehearsals for a 13 date UK tour that kicks off in early 2010 and quite possibly a world tour to follow.

Right now they are very popular in England and they are somewhat becoming role models for the youth in Britain as they've really opened up the door for dance music as it's never been more popular as it is today. There are lots of people who do care and want to see this dance group not just grow talent wise, but also to continue with their new found success in the long run.

Archived