Another sad day

seaboy4hire
This topic is 5295 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yesterday afternoon 4 police officers where shot dead while doing paper work in a coffee shop in Lakewood, Wa just south of Seattle. Five officers now shot dead within the last month. Much prayer goes out to the families of the four officers who were brought down by piece of shit low life. http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/archives/186632.asp

Hugs,

Greg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so tragic. It appears to be a random execution of police officers because the perp hates the police and any other form of "officialdom". This perp should have never been let loose upon the public. I blame the ex-gov of AR for this as well as the tree hugging officials of WA.

Best regards,

KMEM

What does environmentalism have to do with this? I would think it stems more from the easy availability of weapons than a desire to save the forests.

Sorry if you did not understand that I meant the liberals who release criminals when they should not have been.

Best regards,

KMEM

This is so tragic. It appears to be a random execution of police officers because the perp hates the police and any other form of "officialdom". This perp should have never been let loose upon the public. I blame the ex-gov of AR for this as well as the tree hugging officials of WA.

Best regards,

KMEM

KMEM, normally you convey your message very well, but this comment was so stupid, I almost thought Merlin made it.

Which ex gov are you referring to? Janet Napolitano? And which officials in WA? How do they bear any responsibility for this? And what does one being a tree hugger have to do with this?

Which ex gov are you referring to? Janet Napolitano?

no, KMEM is referring to Mike Huckabee, ex-gov of Arkansas (AR), who was involved in the parole of the guy who killed the four cops...(the code for Arizona is AZ, where Napolitano was gov)

knee-jerk reflex reaction

OK, knee-jerk, reflex reaction - some liberal governor let this guy out of the hoosegaw, right? NOPE! It was Mike Huckabee!!! Conservativo Republican who has a soft heart for criminal types, right?

Let's try to stop thinking in categorical stereotypes, OK guys?

Let me try to be clearer in what I am trying to say. I first blame Huckabee for releasing this perp; then I blame the folks in WA who let him out on bail when he had a rap sheet longer than my arm. In other words, regardless of political affliation, how many times are we going to let dangerous criminals out of prison? This guy was and is dangerous and apparently executed cops completely unknown to him. Their only connection was he hated cops.

Best regards,

KMEM

Guest novabear22031

Sad thing is that he said the night before that he was going to kill some police officers the next day, his friends/family did not take him seriously though....

Sorry if you did not understand that I meant the liberals who release criminals when they should not have been.

Best regards,

KMEM

Just to be clear, you took a swipe at liberals for something a conservative Republican former presidential candidate did, and then also lashed out at some supposedly liberal tree huggers whom you can't name, for something that the conservative ex governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee, started the ball rolling on.

Definitely channeling Merlin and Minnie today.

BoN-

You are entirely mistaken about this. My only real point was this guy should not have been released by anyone. I included Huckabee and the judge who set bail in WA but I would have included anyone else who turned this muderous criminal loose. It was an unfortunate choice of words to use the words tree hugger which means in my city anyone with any liberal bent whatsoever. So, I probably compounded the misconception by using tree hugger and then defining that as a liberal. The political affliations have nothing to do with my opinion about how this guy was turned loose. In fact, if you view this with any fairness at all you will realize I included a known Republican as well as the judge who is from a "progressive" state, WA.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. You are taking offense at nothing.

Best regards,

KMEM

BoN-

You are entirely mistaken about this. My only real point was this guy should not have been released by anyone. I included Huckabee and the judge who set bail in WA but I would have included anyone else who turned this muderous criminal loose. It was an unfortunate choice of words to use the words tree hugger which means in my city anyone with any liberal bent whatsoever. So, I probably compounded the misconception by using tree hugger and then defining that as a liberal. The political affliations have nothing to do with my opinion about how this guy was turned loose. In fact, if you view this with any fairness at all you will realize I included a known Republican as well as the judge who is from a "progressive" state, WA.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. You are taking offense at nothing.

Best regards,

KMEM

Not taking offense at all. Just taking you to task. helps to be clear from the start.

Guest novabear22031
BoN-

Best regards,

KMEM

KMEM I come from a area too that "tree huggers" means those with a liberal bent - and not always along political lines. Huckabee became "liberal" in releasing prisoners in order to help in his states budget needs.

In the end the system failed when this guy violated parole - and went down hill from there - after Huckabee's early release of this guy.

Let's try to take any further discussion of the "politics" of the situation to the right forum here.... only to preserve seaboy's desire to offer thoughts and prayers to these fallen officers. It has been a year so far for Seattle.

let's try to take any further discussion of the "politics" of the situation to the right forum here.... Only to preserve seaboy's desire to offer thoughts and prayers to these fallen officers. It has been a year so far for seattle.

thank you!

Guest novabear22031
thank you![/size][/b]

<blush>

You are welcome :)

Just this a charged issue for sure.. just wish seaboy could keep us posted in this forum.....

Deej, there is a fine line at times is discussing things here...

Glad that you saw the way I was looking at things in regards to the forums... A fine line to discuss this a-holes past and making it political discussion... In the end 4 LEO's are dead....

Guest zipperzone

Anderson Cooper on 360 tonight had an interview with the original judge who recommended his release to Huckabee way back in what I think was 1989. Interesting interview. He (the suspect) had at that point in time served 10 years of a 100 yr sentence.

What really threw me was the recent - as in last week - release on $150,000 bail for raping a minor. Why would anyone with his rap sheet get bail for such a heinous crime and who would put up the $$$, which I suppose are now forfeited?

From about 730 till about 6 or so am there was a helicopter just a couple miles from my apt monitoring south Seattle due to a tip of some sorts that he was in my area. The University of Washington also sent out letters to staff and students advising them that the perp might be in that area as well. Where I am located (Capitol Hill) I am smack dab of all the happening here in Seattle. The shit is getting thick and I don't like it. Police presence has been pretty tight this evening as well according to Boobers on his way to my work to pick up some groceries.

Hugs,

Greg

Thanks Gov. Huckabee

Blame this tragedy on Liberals? huh?

It was conservative stalwart, FOX News Commentator and Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee ® who commuted the 95-year sentence of the alleged gunman in the tragic slaughter of four police officers near Tacoma, WA. He should have been sitting in an Arkansas prison rather than being parolled (by Huckabee) and free to roam the streets of Tacoma and kill police.

Archived