Help With AOL

Gar1eth
This topic is 5331 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone know why I can't log into the Forum anymore when I am on AOL--yes I know I shouldn't be on AOL but I am. I've had a screen name on AOL since around 1995 or so--and I would hate trying to tell everyone I know a new e-mail address.

So when I try to log in--I enter my name and password. It seems to be working and flashes the screen--thank you for logging in--then after that I end up not being logged in. Initially I thought Daddy had disabled my account (Note to Daddy-thank you for not disabling my account), but I was able to log in on Firefox, so I figured it was something about AOL.

Thanks for any help.

Gman

I have used AOL for many years--before other servers were available in my area---and don't want to get into a debate about its faults, etc., but I have no problems logging into the M4M site, or the the Forum or anything else.

Suggestion: If you ask AOL for a new cd or download the latest version of AOL and then uninstall the old version and install the new one, it might help. There is also a HELP site on AOL that can give you other suggestions. Go to the site and explain the problem---they have technicians who will respond to your difficulties.

Guest ryan2552
Anyone know why I can't log into the Forum anymore when I am on AOL--yes I know I shouldn't be on AOL but I am. I've had a screen name on AOL since around 1995 or so--and I would hate trying to tell everyone I know a new e-mail address.

So when I try to log in--I enter my name and password. It seems to be working and flashes the screen--thank you for logging in--then after that I end up not being logged in. Initially I thought Daddy had disabled my account (Note to Daddy-thank you for not disabling my account), but I was able to log in on Firefox, so I figured it was something about AOL.

Thanks for any help.

Gman

Just so you know you can switch to any provider and keep your same email address. Insteado f using AOL's software you simply go to AOL.COM and login there. You can also use that as your new home page if you change providers ... as a start page http://www.aol.com is actually pretty good plus you ill have all your emails and notifications right on that page. Just an option in case you want to change.

AOL HELL baby, AOL HELL! ;)

Well it works again now. I guess if that was AOL Hell. I am now in AOL Heaven--or maybe Purgatory at the very least:D

Actually when I asked my question I was wondering if Daddy had done something with the Forum software because I had never had trouble logging in from AOL before. Whatever it was, it's fixed now.

Gman

Archived