Modern Family

stripfan
This topic is 5304 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Funny stuff

I agree! It's clever, edgy, and very well written. It is about the only show where I actually laugh out loud. I thought I would die laughing when the father flew his model airplane into his obnoxious son-in-law's head. And the gay couple's trip to COSTCO was just as funny. It is a definate do-not-miss....

Guest zipperzone

Guess I'm the odd man out. I hate the show - not funny to me and certainly not believable. My favorite still is 2 1/2 Men. It's funny and brilliant.

"Two and a Half Men" is far from reality also---I enjoy some shows, but the schtick is getting old and the adolescent-boy type jokes are stale. I still watch, but find my attention slacking a lot.

"Modern Family" is fresh and well acted and well written. There are many situations where reality is nowhere in sight, but I enjoy the way the characters talk to me---meaning the camera.

"BIg Bang Theory" is also one of my favourites. Rah for every geek and nerk in the world. I quietly lust for Raj---he's a cutie :)))

I have three appointment shows: Family Guy, Smallville and Heroes.

I am particularly excited about Smallville because it will feature the very first super hero team ever, the Justice Society of America. There have been allusions to the JSA in prior episodes. In an early episode, there was a reference to Hippolyta, Queen of Themiscyra, who is the JSA's Wonder Woman ( and mother to the modern WW, Diana). Black Canary has been featured on Smallville and her mother is the JSA's Black Canary. And when Bart Allen was introduced as the Flash, one of the aliases he used was Jay Garrick, the JSA's Flash.

The JSA members in the episode will be Doctor Fate, Hawkman and Stargirl.

I agree! It's clever, edgy, and very well written. It is about the only show where I actually laugh out loud. I thought I would die laughing when the father flew his model airplane into his obnoxious son-in-law's head. And the gay couple's trip to COSTCO was just as funny. It is a definate do-not-miss....

Here are some clips of the show that I enjoyed:

Jay (Al Bundy) asks Cameron if he is attractive:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/103819/modern-family-smokin-hot#s-p1-sr-i1

"casablanca"/Costco:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/100866/modern-family-casablanca#s-p2-sr-i1

Lion King: Cameron introduces the family to the baby:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/97919/modern-family-lion-king#s-p4-sr-i1

stripfan

Guest greatness

hot

I like guys who like sports. When I and my friends were watching a game, I was enjoying my excited cute friends rather than the game. So gay~~. I love Jay Reno but he is on after my bed time these days.

it's baseball and Jay Leno's monologue and little else.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived