Mike Piazza: "I'm not gay"

SFViking
This topic is 8058 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest alanm

NY Mets catcher Mike Piazza tried to counter wide-spread rumors (discussed today on TV's "The View") that he is gay by issuing the above statement tonight before a Mets game in Philadelphia. The rumors have been around for a long time. Things really heated up when it became known that Mets' manager Bobby Valentine recently told Details Magazine that other players can accept a gay player ("In this day and age, it's irrelevant".) Many people felt Valentine was paving the way for Piazza to come out. One NY newpaper suggested yesterday that "there are persistent rumors around town that one Mets star...

is actually gay and has started thinking about declaring his sexual orientation." Piazza's sexual otientation was discussed at length on

the sports radio talk shows on FAN in NY today. Internet gossip sites have linked Piazza with various TV news personality in NY. The most persistent rumors involve buying a house together with the newsman and police answering a call about "domestic violant" at the "couple's"

house. Piazza is a major baseball star. If he were to come out, it's difficult to think of a male celebrity of his stature whose declaration would be more newsworthy. Piazza is young, good looking and very sexy. I guess we await further developments!

When Piazza was in Chicago last summer for a Cubs/Mets game, he visited "his favorite hair salon" (that's what the news said) and went platinum blond.

I didn't know str8 boys HAD favorite hair salons, much less located in a city they've never lived in. :o

If Mike is gay, then so is SNL's Chris Kattan...

no, wait, that's not a good example

If Mike is gay, then so is James VanDerBeek, from Dawson's Creek...

If Mike is gay, then so is Varsity Blue star Scott Caan...

Ah screw it!!! He's a flamer! ;)

Guest RushNY

>I know NOTHING about sports, but the name rang a bell, so I

>did an image search on Google; Piazza strikes me as

>straight, but I found this site with a few sports figures I

>WISH were gay:

>

>http://www.gaysportsfancentral.com/baseball.html

What a FANTASTIC web-site,god thats one for repeated viewing with regards to Piazza if he's gay so what here's hoping....... :9

Guest HungryAgain

The proof is in the pudding. In Baltimore, we keep hearing about

Brady Anderson, but no one actually knows it for sure.

When Mike officially makes comes out, then I will believe it.

Guest JimSFO

I could care less if he is gay or not . . . what pisses me off is that he won't sleep with me. I would niether ask nor tell.

;)

Guest alanm

I know it pisses me off two. I would love to sleep with Mike. Hell I would love to sleep with Keith Hernandez. Lucky for Keith, his glory

baseball days were before the internet gossip boom or he would have been answering the same questions.

Actually, several baseball players visited their favorite hair salons and went platinum blond last year (it was a whimsical jock thing), including Jim Edmonds of the Cardinals, another hunk I wouldn't kick out of bed. They're all back to natural this season.

Guest jatlbi

RE: Mike Piazza:

well, since cleveland just released brady anderson, maybe he'll show up as a dancer at the gaiety :)

Guest bollocks

If any of the sports-minded posters on this board remember the late Alan Wiggins, it will be obvious to them why an athlete's homosexuality is buried far, far back in the closet.

Guest Thunderbuns

>If any of the sports-minded posters on this board remember

>the late Alan Wiggins, it will be obvious to them why an

>athlete's homosexuality is buried far, far back in the

>closet.

Don't remember/never heard of him. So, a little background would be helpful. :-)

Thunderbuns

Guest RushNY

Alan Wiggins played for the Padres and the Orioles he died in 1991 reportedly from AIDS complications but had drug problems stretching back to the early 80's cocaine i think was the drug of choice,he did rehab a couple of times but could never fully recover.

Guest bollocks

Well done Rush. Wiggins was more open about his homosexuality than he should have been, given the attitudes of the time. It became something of an open secret in baseball, which, along with his coke problem, caused him to be treated fairly poorly by organized baseball. He was not a great player, like Piazza, so it was easy for teams to deny him employment without confronting either his drug problem or his homosexuality. His last season was 1987, just three years after starting for the NL pennant-winning Padres. Within four years, he would be dead, as Rush said, of AIDS.

Archived