Club 20 Help

goingtorio
This topic is 5356 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tipping

I hear you but I wanna make sure I dont piss anyone off and wanna know the suggested amount for tips - same thing i would do for anything....

Tipping:

If you decide to use the champagne rooms, the manager expects a tip for bringing you to this private room. A $10 tip is more than generous.

As for tipping the bartenders/waiters give what you usually do.

Tipping dancers while on stage is not common. Rarely do you see anyone approaching the stage and giving the dancer a tip.

Lap dances are $20 a song. Tips are not expected.

Hope this helps.

The Art of Tipping

Hi Cooper - thanks for your inputs. On the subject of tipping, I imagine we are expected to tip the dancer in the champagne room, right? What is your recommendation?

Baron, A good private in a champagne room is like a fine bottle of champagne. If you feel like Cristal when you are finished, then by all means tip. If you feel like there were no bubbles and it was flat, then use your good judgment. However, discuss with the dancer before heading back exactly what you're looking for. At $120-150 for 20 minutes, a tip is mighty generous. Coop

No reservations necessary.

Thanks for all the info - final question for me - what are the ideal times to go? I read you have to reserve private dances at a certain point etc but I want to avoid going and not having any fun...

Going, I think when g56 said you need to "reserve" a spot he was joking. He just meant that the lap dance area was busier than usual... No reservations are necessary and any time is a good time... Go and enjoy! Coop

No, you weren't offensive. I think you might just be more nervous about going than I am, so your numerous questions made me think. There is a good group of guys who go there regularly, so why not just sit with them and they can help you through your first night there? If you can manage rio, you can manage the Club 20.

Champage wishes and caviar dreams

....the champagne room was $180...

There are 2 different champagne rooms. Unless the prices changed last night, the one to the left of the bar is $120 (no curtains) and the one to the right is $150 (with curtains). Did you use a credit card and pay an additional fee? or was a tip added for the manager? $180 doesn't sound right.... Has anyone else been charged this higher amount? :confused:

Greed @ 20C

I was there in september 2008 and was charged 180 - was on a credit card. Curtains closed

Room .............. $150

Credit card fee.... 20

Manager's tip ..... 10 (was this included on your credit card or did you pay it separately?)

Total $180 :eek:

Good advice, avoid credit card fees and pay in cash.

I have used my credit card for the champagne room - that way I can call it 'client entertainment' and make it a tax deductible expense. The charge shows up as 'Sushi Fun Dining' ($84 - $108) and 'Pacific Club Holdings' (always $72). I think the $72 is for the dancer (of which he only gets $60 in 'funny money', i.e. $54 in cash). The 'Sushi Fun Dining' charge varies, depending on the room and on the time. The manager explained that the charge goes up after 08:00 p.m. The rooms in front offer more privacy, relatively speaking, and are therefore costlier.

Cooper, as always, you were right-on with your comment about feeling like Crystal champagne. So, yes, I have tipped - because my experiences have been very positive. I am also considering that the dancer only gets $54 in cash out of this. As one of the dancers explained to me, it IS more profitable for them to do lap dances for 20 minutes instead. I agree that, tax deductible or not, it IS very costly for a 20 minute experience. However, it helps getting to know someone better and possibly take the experience off-site at another date and time ... :)

Tax Deductable Entertainment

As Vic ("Victorious") explained to me, it IS more profitable for a dancer to do lap dances for 20 minutes instead.

Obviously the "house" encourages the dancers to do champagne room privates as they profit from them. If paying in cash, the dancer gets $60 and it's paid to him before going into the private room. It sounds like there are different "rules" if you use a credit card. Hey, if you can take it as a tax deduction, great.

Archived