Regarding Michael Vick

Michael Vincenzo
This topic is 5410 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I apologize if I offended you by mentioning God and will try to cease from doing so in the future.

For me your comments about God judging Vick were grating, even annoying, so soon after the same comments from audience members in the health care town hall meetings.

The one that stands out for me was the man who yelled at Sen. Arlen Specter about God eventually judging him on health care. The Specter clip was played over and over on television, particularly in Pennsylvania where I live.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think majority of the world in general treats dogs like shit. To harp on Micheal Vick and DMX as being ruthless animal killers is a bit over the top.

The majority of the world does not drown, hang, or electrocute dogs who don't exhibit the viciousness that the dog fighting world gets off on. While I agree that people who train their dogs by beating them are also scum, they simply are not in the same level of hell as Vick and his ilk. Vick and his ilk ARE ruthless animal killers. And, if you wish to focus on the plight of other animals which are systematically mistreated, you would be well advised never to stop harping on the worst of the worst - Michael Vick and his ilk - just broaden your focus to include the others.

Although I wasnt implying 'treating like shit' being what happened to Vicks dogs, You're right. Using fighting breeds (or horses or greyhounds) for competition and tossing them is just wrong. It makes it even worse when dogs really dont have much of say or ability to escape from those type of things. Their instincts are of pack mentality, which makes them submit to the leader, even if the leader is a dog killer. Sick stuff I tell ya. This is why some cities have banned people from owning certain breeds. People dont know how to act with dogs these days

He may have paid his "legal" debt to society, but how about his moral one?

Talk is cheap; I don't buy his bullshit remorse act for a second.

jeepman..Totally Agree. The guy that is showing up on ALL the Cable News Shows is referring to him as a "Product" that should "still" be Sold to the Fans!

Hopefully the FANS tell the "Sports Product" to find a New Occupation Outside and Inside the Stadiums All Season Long! :mad:

Michael while the mention of God by myself and others hardly means there is a discussion of religion your post did get my attention. So I went to the bottom of this forum where I found a link to the mc rules and do not see anything that would make the discussion of religion "forbidden."

This is what I found, "Discussions of a political or religious nature are far from the Message Center’s original goal. However, we respect those who wish to create and join these discussions. We do ask, though, that you post threads that deal with political and/or religious issues in the Politics and Religion forum."

I apologize if I offended you by mentioning God and will try to cease from doing so in the future.

The Lounge (7 Viewing)

A place to gather and exchange ideas. NO Politics, NO Religion, NO War.

The above is what I was referring to when I mentioned that discussion of religion was forbidden in this forum.

I conflict with anyone's assumption that their beliefs are, or should be, mine.

Guest zipperzone
jeepman..Totally Agree. The guy that is showing up on ALL the Cable News Shows is referring to him as a "Product" that should "still" be Sold to the Fans!

Hopefully the FANS tell the "Sports Product" to find a New Occupation Outside and Inside the Stadiums All Season Long! :mad:

I totally agree - but it ain't going to happen. Another Michael with the last name of Jackson is proof positive that being a pedophile wasn't enough to curtail his rise to sainthood. Football fans in general will be just as gullible.

I think you will find this article by a Dallas sports writer more accurately reflects the attitude of football people than the posts on this thread. http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/081609dnspotaylorcol.33f8ba7.html

PR bullshit and euphemisms like "hard contact" can not change the fact that American football is a brutal sport of intense physical violence. Most players have a switch in their heads to shut down their aggression off the field. Some don't. I doubt that many in the football world have any real problem with Vick (other than the bad publicity he generated for their money machine).

This sport is of necessity played by men capable of real violence, men who routinely seek to send each other to the sidelines on a strecher & who would be selling insurance or running a sports bar if they did not. If you're a fan then on some level you've found a way to deal with the violence that's inherent in the game. As long as Vick can help Philadelphia win, he will stay. Once he can not, the Eagles will put him down as quickly as Vick put down his dogs. Same indifference to suffering except NFL owners don't usually kill the players once they are off the field.

For the record I watch football but prefer baseball, in part because because injuries that are a big deal in baseball are treated as part of the game in football.

Guest zipperzone
Where is this proof that he was a pedophile?

You're nit-picking here Rick.

Just because a jury found him not guilty does not make it so. OJ was found not guilty too. Does that mean he didn't off his wife & Goldman?

Do you think Jackson gave 25 million to a kid 10 years ago out of pure benevolence? Not to mention the Mercedes and other lavish gifts to the kids parents.

One last question: If you had a young son, would you let him have a sleepover with MJ?

Just because a jury found him not guilty does not make it so.

So, he was guilty just because you say so? Funny how all of those prosecutors weren't able to prove their case...

Do you think Jackson gave 25 million to a kid 10 years ago out of pure benevolence?

No, I think he did it because he knew a trial like that would destroy his career. (Actually, it was $22 million, 15 years ago.)

One last question: If you had a young son, would you let him have a sleepover with MJ?

Fuck yeah, if he wanted to. According to eyewitnesses, nothing sexual ever occurred. During the investigation, psychiatrist Dr. Stan Katz, who spent several hours with Michael (and the boy, too), said MJ was a "regressed 10-year-old," and did not fit the profile of a pedophile. But I guess he's no match for the insight of our own zipperzone. :p

No, I think he did it because he knew a trial like that would destroy his career. (Actually, it was $22 million, 15 years ago.) :p

I tend to believe Jackson was innocent . But, that settlement was the beginning of the end for MJ. It's therefore not suprising that most people think Jackson was guilty, given that he defended sleeping in the same bed with Gavin, the young cancer patient, in the Martin Bashir documentary a few years later.

Unlike the O.J. trial, we didn't get to hear all the evidence or see the demeanor of the witnesses. The jury did and came away believing that a shake down was what actually happened. Maybe so, maybe not, but that was not a SouthCentral jury voting on the credibility of L.A. cops. A creepy appearance does not necessarily make a guy a child molester.

Guest zipperzone
So, he was guilty just because you say so? Funny how all of those prosecutors weren't able to prove their case...

They weren't able to prove their case because the jury was stacked with star-struck wannabes who couldn't bring themselves to face the truth about their hero.

No, I think he did it because he knew a trial like that would destroy his career. (Actually, it was $22 million, 15 years ago.)

I was speaking in generalities. How you claim to know the exact figure and time must be due to your mystical powers. And if all was trying to do is save his career from a shakedown artist, don't you think maybe 10 mil would have done the trick?

Fuck yeah, if he wanted to. According to eyewitnesses, nothing sexual ever occurred. During the investigation, psychiatrist Dr. Stan Katz, who spent several hours with Michael (and the boy, too), said MJ was a "regressed 10-year-old," and did not fit the profile of a pedophile. But I guess he's no match for the insight of our own zipperzone. :p

Just because he didn't fit the profile of a pedophile doesn't mean he wasn't one. "Our own zipperzone's insight" goes along the line of.... If it talks like a duck and walks like a duck.....

If it talks like a duck and walks like a duck.....

...sometimes it's a kid working his summer job at Disney World. :p Not saying you're wrong, Zipperzone, just that it's not proven.

But I wouldn't let a kid do a sleepover with MJ.

Guest zipperzone
Well, there are those who believe that all homosexuals are pedophiles, so by your own logic, you must be a pedophile, zipperzone.

The "logic" that you tried to apply to your latest nonsensical retort makes no sense at all.

But if it comes out of the mouth of the great Richard, I guess there is no arguing against it for we know he is always right.

You've changed a great deal in the past year Rick. What's the problem, knickers too tight or are you just getting old and crusty.

Archived