Is swine flu an STD?

KMEM
This topic is 5493 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be of interest here in Hooville. Maybe if Miley Cyrus' boyfriend gets it....

In the meantime, millions of people in Mexico City stayed home, presenting the possibility of a devastating blow to their economy as tourists are also avoiding the place. It may well be that Hooville will be the safest city to visit. You don't have to worry about everybody coughing and sneezing all over you here, just a little flaming now and then.

I don't think it is but instead, it's transmitted through mutual contact with an infected person. Possible vehicles to "catch" this new flu is through sneezing, not washing hands on a regular basis, not being informed of threat levels in your local city and state, being around someone infected and a host of other things.

The CDC has a lot of information on it and your state health agency will be well informed too.

To go from the sublime to the ridiculous, is swine flu an STD? In other words, can you catch it by having piggy sex?

Best regards,

KMEM

Interesting fun fact which puts this Swine Flu into perspective. More people died of the standard flu in the past couple months worldwide (mostly through the winter months) by far.

Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be of interest here in Hooville. Maybe if Miley Cyrus' boyfriend gets it....

In the meantime, millions of people in Mexico City stayed home, presenting the possibility of a devastating blow to their economy as tourists are also avoiding the place. It may well be that Hooville will be the safest city to visit. You don't have to worry about everybody coughing and sneezing all over you here, just a little flaming now and then.

Interesting fun fact which puts this Swine Flu into perspective. More people died of the standard flu in the past couple months worldwide (mostly through the winter months) by far.

Most flu scares turn out to be a swing and a miss by Moma Nature. The CDC has its panties in a twist because it knows that one of these at bats the old Bitch is gonna rip it all the way into the second deck.

It's early days yet. It will be 6 or 8 weeks yet before we can even pencil in the scorecard for the new H1N1 virus. Maybe just business as usual and maybe not.

To go from the sublime to the ridiculous, is swine flu an STD? In other words, can you catch it by having piggy sex?

Best regards,

KMEM

Technically no, it's not a "Sexually Transmitted Disease" but if you can get from "Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation" the line really is blurred.

I don't know... I'm just in one of those moods today... Actually considered signing up for a twitter account..

3 local schools closed for a week along with a teen center, and 31 Marines in quarantine. It wasted no time getting to my neighborhood.

I'm willing to volunteer to nurse those marines back to heath!

What do you mean that your having problems reading between the lines?

I'm willing to volunteer to nurse those marines back to heath!

What do you mean that your having problems reading between the lines?

Both the Torah and the Gospel teach visiting the sick as a duty of all men of good will.

Clarification:

When I originally started this thread, I was trying to have a comical tie up between the words swine flu and piggy sex. I thank those that answered my "question" seriously. I also thank those that answered it in the manner intended, not so seriously.

I do not take swine flu as a non-serious subject. However, with all the publicity, one must be careful to take a middle road, at least for mental health, or so it seems to me. I am not staying home but I am as much as possible avoiding crowds and I am washing my hands more than usual (and that is usually a lot).

In my local area they have one "suspected" case and they are closing schools. That seems a bit of an over reaction to me. However, we live in over reactive times, don't we?

You all have read the same things that I have. "Ordinary" flu kills hundreds of thousands per year world wide. So far, swine flu has killed 200? It does not seem to be as virulent as the 1918 Spanish flu except in Mexico. Now we have geographically savvy viri? And, lastly, the 2 year old who died in the US was a Mexican national, so the spin is no US citizen has died from SF yet. Amazing the spin various people put on things, isn't it? Also amazing that there would be an illegal Mexican in Texas. Who would have imagined that?

Best regards,

KMEM

Archived