Twinks Galore at "Johnny's"

Karl-G
This topic is 5530 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tuesday evening, TWINK NIGHT, was a delight at JOHNNY'S in Fort Lauderdale. There were almost 20 very nice twinks dancing, and a good crowd, but not huge. There was plenty of opportunity to watch dancers on the two stages as well as to chat privately with them. There were plenty of dancers, and since they are dancing to make money, negotiations are easy. The rate is $20-$25, and you can often get two songs for that. The booths are completely closed, and you can have much fun.

In my opinion, the quality of the dancers continues to get even better. Last night there were at least a dozen cute, nicely built, sexy, and fun dancers with whom I chatted and interacted. I got to meet every one in whom I was interested. There were a few guys who did not appeal to me, but far fewer than a typical afternoon or evening at Campus. I was so busy enjoying the many dancers I did like, that I scarcely noticed the others. The atmosphere was very nice, friendly and cozy.

There were generally three dancers performing on the front stage at one time and two dancers on the back stage, so you always had plenty to watch.

TRISTAN is a new dancer, tall and very cute, with a very nice body. He is one of the students in the line-up. He was fun to talk with and interact with.

VLADIMIR is a very handsome and sexy new dancer from Ukraine. He speaks perfect English and has a splendid body with that ultra smooth white skin that Russians/Ukrainians often have. His pecs and abs and ass are outstanding. He's a really great guy.

RALPH WOODS was dancing last night. He is better than ever. He is always smiling and having a good time. His body is well defined and developed, and he has great stage presence. And if you are interested, the famous ten inches are clearly outlined in his sky-blue skivvies.

RICKY is a delightful new dancer and very popular with customers. He circulated all evening, but only slowly made his way around the bar as everyone seemed to want to chat and pet. He is petite, but has a nice body, great smile, and cute ass. I very much enjoyed the time I had with him; he's a winner.

TORY is a tall, slender, cute blond dancer who was very active on stage and a little fem. He disappeared half-way through the evening, and then later reappeared in drag as a very attractive blond cocktail waitress. He may have performed in the room next door, but I didn't get over there except to peek in for a moment before I left.

CORY was dancing, and I remembered him from last time. He is very sexy, well built, smooth, and a talker. He does a great dance and he is fun to interact with.

JAMES is back and was very good last night. I have known him for a couple of years, since he danced at Boardwalk. He can be flaky, but last night he was really good. He has put on a little weight and muscle, which is good. He was once a skinny kid, but no longer. He is very sexy and very interactive. I enjoyed him last night.

MAX is a dark haired, smooth cutie, who was new to me. He was sweet, although on the quiet side. I'm not sure whether he is new or not, but he was nice to have around.

LEO was one of several slender, tall young dancers with very smooth skin, smiling faces, sweet asses, and students. They seemed to make special efforts to make sure you were having a good time. He was very interesting to talk with as well.

PHOENIX is a relatively new dancer, who has nothing to do with the State of Arizona. He is a little short, but beautifully muscular. He had the best ass of any dancer in the bar last night, and he showed it off proudly. He's well developed all over - chest, abs, legs, etc. and has a very cute face. He did one of the best dances, and sexiest, last night.

SYRUP, the Brazilian dancer, is back, but he did not seem at his best last night. Hair is bigger than ever and his body is still nice and ripe, but he was kind of sluggish.

JACOB was dancing, and he really seems to like being at Johnny's, different than when he was at Boardwalk. He has a smile on his face, he enjoys chatting, and he is ready to give a very good lap dance. His body, of course, is splendid and well developed and he is very well equipped.

FRANKLIN was a dancer from Mexico, and the only one who might be identified as Hispanic last night. A couple of others had lived most of their lives in the U.S. but were born in South America.

There were a number of other dancers, but I had my hands full with those I enjoyed the most. It was a delightful evening. There of course is no cover charge, drinks are very reasonably priced, and parking is very easy and safe right at the door. If you like twinks, JOHNNY's is a great place to spend an evening. There is nothing like it in New York or Washington or San Francisco. If you are looking for gym bunnies or muscled guys, this is not the place. Dancers like Jacob and Vladimir are certainly at the very high end of "twink" in terms of body build, but this is certainly a twink bar and highly recommended as such.

Thanks for the update. I met Cory when I was there in March and he is a true gem. Unfortunately Ralph Woods returned to Montreal for a few weeks and I missed him. Now if they could just get rid of the smoke and tone down the music...

Bozo just recently returned from a lengthy stint in south Florida, and wanted to give his informative and astute observations of the Fort Lauderdale male strip club scene. Bozo will proffer up his opinions on Boardwalk and Dudes at a later date.

Bozo wanted to reinforce what Karl-G had to say about Johnny's. If your preference is athletic, muscular guys STAY AWAY FROM JOHNNY'S! Johnny's management has clearly made a conscious decision not to hire any dancer that may have ever seen the inside of a gym. Johnny's dancers are very boyish, extremely slender, and predominantly effeminate. For someone like Bozo that enjoys the body type diversity of clubs like Stock Bar, Swinging Richards, and the former Gaiety in NYC, Johnny's was almost painful to visit. Bozo will acknowledge that the boys at Johnny's perform with a lot more passion and gusto than dancers at other strip clubs. Bozo assumes that is because so many of them are actually gay, and enjoy the interaction of jumping on stage with their fellow dancers and shaking their tiny tushies in tandem.

In Bozo's humble opinion, it is misleading to read Karl-G's description of some Johnny's dancers as having bodies that are "well built" or "well defined". Perhaps on the weekend, one or two of the dancers may have had physiques that one could generously describe as a "swimmer's build", but by and large, these boys range from simply skinny to emaciated.

In addition to the above, the amount of smoke that permeated throughout Johnny's made the time spent there almost intolerable. Unlike the clubs in Canada which are smoke free, or Boardwalk; a much larger club, with a high ceiling, better circulation system, and front and back doors kept open allowing the smoke to escape, Bozo walked out of Johnny's with irritated red eyes, a scratchy throat, and the feeling like he just smoked two packs of cigarettes. And it took a while for Bozo's ears to stop ringing thanks to the deejay blasting the music at a decibel level that should should require a warning sign indicating an extended period of time spent at Johnny's could result in deafness.

An advisory to the uninitiated; The theme on Friday nights at Johnny's is "Latin Obsession". Bozo thinks Fridays at Johnny's should be renamed "Thug Night". The local youths from the 'hood congregate in the side room of the club with many spilling over into the bar area. Many of these youths clad in their urban attire of du-rags, gold chains, and football jerseys served to give a sense of apprehension and intimidation to many bar patrons.

Bozo didn't write this review to be critical of Karl-G or other fans of Johnny's. Not at all. He just wanted to offer a different perspective, and didn't want anyone to be misled. Like Kurosawa's Rashamon, different pople can view the same set of events and and arrive at totally different conclusions. Or, as the French would say, vive la difference.

Why did Bozo return to Johnny's after the first visit, and stay for more than one glass of seltzer? It was not the high energy level of the performers, but the 2 studly bartenders (didn't get their names) and the incredibly cute barback (Michael?). Don't know why Johnny's doesn't get them to strip down to their undies and jump on stage......

Final word, if the look below (picture taken directly from Johnny's website) is your cup of tea, you will have the time of your life at Johnny's. If not, and you still decide to go, bring ear plugs, a surgical mask, and eye drops, and sit by the bar where you can enjoy a view of the two bartenders and barback. In the opinion of this circus clown, that's the only eye candy the club has to offer.

http://www.johnnysbarfl.com/galleries/dancers/jb-dancers02/images/jb-dancers-143.jpg

BOZO

Most definitely Johnny's has more twinks than other body types and Bozo is correct that some nights it is almost all twinks. However, when I was last there about 3 weeks ago I found more than my share of college jock/frat types with a body builder or two thrown in for good measure.

Johnny's most recent ad in hotspots gives a sampling. I did sample Marcus! ha!

http://hotspotsmagazine.com/images/stories/v24i16/v2416_030.jpg

http://hotspotsmagazine.com/images/stories/v24i16/v2416_031.jpg

stripfan

Johnny's - Lauderdale

When I visited Johnny's in January 2009, there was 4 boys from Montreal working, and I had some fun, though the music was loud, and most of the boys there had found their girly side.

Visited Boardwalk twice, found no boys who interested me, and the boys there were too aggressive.

Wanted to visit Dude's, but did not find the time.

I guess Johnny's is hit or miss. The reviews here are definitely mixed. When I was there in March there was a full bevy of really hot guys covering the entire spectrum from twinks to muscle boys. Some were too aggressive but most were very personable and interactive and VERY hot. It was gay pride weekend then so there were probably more hot guys there than usual. I think the place is worth at least a look-see to determine if it's an 'on' or 'off' night. I agree that the smoke and loud music are two unfortunate downsides.

Johnny's

A recent visit to Johnny's showed a wide variety of dancers. There was some smoke but not all that bad. Did not enjoy Boardwalk. The dancers were aggressive and I felt very uncomfortable about all the video cams feeding live pictures online. (There looked to be at least a dozen). Dudes was quiet and uncomfortably brightly lit. Their dancers were older and larger, but less defined.

My friends and I just returned from a week in Fort Lauderdale. Prior to leaving, I read the various posts concerning the strip clubs. We visited Johnny's on one of our first nights down there and had a great time. Yes, there were some twinks, but we also found some very hunky, athletically-muscular guys.

Some friends who live in the area told us that we should definately try Boardwalk and Dudes, suggesting we would have a better time. We found Dudes to be a dud. Nice place, very tasteful decor; but the dancers were certainly "less defined", as Al stated in his post. Granted, I'm certainly not in good shape ... but if I'm going to go to a strip club, I certainly expect the dancers to be in decent shape. The one good-looking guy that was dancing was so bored that he yawned more than he intereacted with anyone. My friends and I found ourselves watching the videos they were playing more than the dancers.

And I have nothing good to say about Boardwalk. Yes, they had a couple of hot guys, but the majority of them weren't anything special. And to say that they are "aggressive" is an understatement. They downright hassle you.

So I continued to visit Johnny's and had a great time. The guys were hot and personable.

The only downside ... and this is hopefully an exception ... was that my one friend feels pretty confident that one of the dancers, who is well reviewed in an earlier post, tried to pickpocket him. As the dancer was chatting him up, he kept feeling my friend's pants pocket. My friend noticed him feeling his cell phone, then some cash in another pocket. After a few minutes, the dancer was becoming affectionate and my friend felt the dancer's hand going into the pocket with the cash. When my friend firmly placed his hand on top of the dancer's hand, the guy retrieved his hand and moved on.

Even though this made us wary, we continued to have a great time at Johnny's and went back several times during the week.

Archived