Breath Control

Damascene
This topic is 5531 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Regarding my personal preferences, breath control has been an area with which I always felt uncomfortable. In fact I always specify "nothing that would restrict breathing of any sort" as part of the basic ground rules. Nonetheless, from what I understand being minutes away from death, gasping for air, and then recovering can be a thrill for some… Though hopefully it is not taken to that degree, but rather simply used as a tool to induce a sense of helplessness as opposed to inducing a state of unconsciousness or near unconsciousness. I guess when taken to the extreme one must possess the absolute ultimate in trust and confidence in their partner for the game to work.

Consequently, and especially since David seems to possess many talents, it would be interesting to hear a more complete description of how the session progressed, how the breath control was induced, and how it was incorporated into other facets of the scene.

Breath Control has to definitely be a Dangerous Game! It gives new meaning to the old "You Take My Breathe Away" Song!

Unless I have been misinformed..Oxygen Depravation does KILL the little grey matter and can cause other malfunctions? Didn't WWE Outlaw the even FAKE USE of "Sleeper Holds" to Safeguard the Over zealous Fans from Playing with them? And those that say they know what they are doing is very IFFY at best, depending on the Health of the Recipient? ;-)

Mr Whip..Sad to Say But Yes it is FAKE HaHa But there's a Wrestler in ECW on Tues Nite at 9 who definitely could take MY Breath Away!

His Name is "DJ Gabriel" from England! He definitely deserves 4 :9 :9 :9 :9 ! He has the Bod of one of our Fav Working Guys also a Gorgeous Face to Boot! No Pun intended!

;-)

Guest Wetnwildbear

I'm with Whipped! Everybody BREATH!

Which David are you referring to in the original post as being an

accomplished and PC BC Pro?

Breath control usually refers to some type of asphyxiophilia. The inherent danger is for many part of the allure. There is also the control aspects which can add considerably to a dominance and submission scene. And of course the very many and intense physiological and psychological aspects that come with depriving oxygen to the brain or other organs.

There are however other types of breath control that aren't asphyxiation. And a few types of erotic asphyxiation games and fantasies that are relatively safe.

Some non-asphyxiating but erotic forms of breath control are related to pranayama and are tantric techniques. More involved in mental self-control of breathing or synchronized or harmonized breathing with ones partner(s).

If one is playing breathing control games for an asphyxiophilic thrill and using external devices, engaging bondage, or blocking the carotid artery then there is an obvious and likely serious risk of death from asphyxiation. But there are also other risks such as brain damage, and even heart attack or neck injuries as the body goes through a number of involuntary "emergency procedures"

I don't say it shouldn't ever be done and from time to time I do engage in some forms of this and other related edge-play. But along with trust there needs to be some serious understanding of the equipment, surroundings and human physiology etc. It is more Risk Aware Consensual Kink rather than Safe, Sane and Consensual.

Having said all that I think that simply using ones hands over a mouth is a relatively safe if mild way to do this. Also mind games of holding ones own (as commanded) breath or synchronized breathing can be highly erotic for many.

Raul

http://daddysreviews.com/finder.php?who=raul_g_chicago

Kind of like the song by Sting and the Police:

Every breath you take

Every move you make

Every bond you break

Every step you take

I'll be watching you...

Well... hopefully the top will be watching very carefully because in all seriousness this can be dangerous when taken in the extreme as evidenced by Raul's post which reads like a page from the Journal of the American Medical Association...

The furthest I would go is a hand over the mouth which can be a turn on... but mostly as a means of temporarily depriving the bottom of any speech of a rebellious nature or ways of expressing discomfort etc.

Plus I'm with WILD... Which David? Plus some details would be appreciated...

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Whip, Raul, and others that this play is risky. I believe that David-SF is the subject. A review was recently posted about the experience.

For me, as a bottom, some light breath control and restricted or sync-breathing is exciting while kissing or deepthroating. I'm not interested in going unconcious.

The key is to communicate expextations and not go beyond skills or experience. I respect a top for saying that he is not willing to do an advanced technique he is uncomfortable with.

Play safe to play another day.

I would assume the review of David that subsequently appeared after the original posting in this thread is an exact description of what actually transpired…

"He held my arms down helpless against his assault. Suddenly his hands covered my mouth and nose. I could not breathe. I squirmed and he drilled faster. Just when I need to breathe, he released. I love it – he remembered my request."

If this is an accurate description of what occurred, and my understanding of the situation suggests that breathing was restricted for only the briefest period of time, I would consider this to be a relatively harmless manifestation of “breath control” and very similar to what I described as being acceptable in my posting above… The crux of the matter being that actual breathing was not restricted when it was necessary for the “victim” to actually breath. Personally I would request such a scenario only when with an individual in whom I had the utmost trust... and most definitely would not go beyond such a point.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that breath control, like any other sexual activity can be done safely. Sure someone can die from that type of activity if done by somone who has no perception of how to safely and sanely perform that. I have done this for many clients and as Raul stated, using your hand over someones mouth will work well and allow the person to have an incredible climax. Also, when any form of alternate play such as breath control is happening....their should always be a safe word or signal (if you cant talk or have your mouth full) that both agree on PRIOR to the start of said session to ensure safety and fun for all invloved as a #1 priority.

I will be in NYC from 4/10-4/12. Anyone interested in meeting me, please check out my reviews and info then email me. Thanks guys!

http://www.daddysreviews.com/review.php?who=john_orlando

http://www.rentmen.com/roughscort

Archived