Stock: Version 3.0

NorthWoods
This topic is 6492 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest msclonly

Extra song charges!

Some years age, I will never forget, when a guy added a song to the count for talking to him before the dances!

It was my pleasure to remind him of that on a recent trip, when he approached me with a lot of time on his hands. The look on his face was worth that extra song in the past!

Good Luck Stef!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this matters to anyone, but I've heard that the curtains in the back room are a lot shorter than before. It used to be that JP would look over and under to see that no rules were being broken, now it doesn't sound like it's takes much to see what's going on... Perhaps someone who has actually done a lap dance can expand on this.

Both Riccardo and Mickey give very interactive lap dances, but certainly many other dancers also do. It would surprise me if that was the reason they were fired... I've never had a problem with Riccardo counting songs as my policy for all dancers is that they count the number of songs aloud.

Just returned to Texas after a few Days in Montreal [Left as all the Circuit Boys for the OUT Games were arriving]

The first thing that shocked me at Stock 3 was the size [Of the place not Nick The Dick] They seemed to have managed to double the area in use.

The Second was the Total lack of ambiance and the old Stock Camaraderie, it was just Too Big and Too Cold looking in my Opinion. Despite all those Red Drapes. Also having 2 Large Bars meant the bois were seperated and unsure which to work.

It will look like a Desert on a Tuesday in Winter - Thats a bit of an Oxymoron - The Good News was, Steph The Barman seemed very friendly towards me, does he do Privates?

Taz~~

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it. It sounds like Stock is WELL worth visiting--as it always has been. I'm looking forward to trying out the back room(s).

As far as Adonis goes---I used to love it, but I've been really disappointed in the last year. I had a favourite dancer, but he disappeared, and I've found no one and I mean no one. Glad to hear that you have been luckier.

Curtains: how short are they? Even before the fire, it seemed that they had been reduced quite a bit from the original. Is it worth the $20 to have it closed??

Adonis does not have a cover charge and it appears, neither does Stock any more. I dropped into Stock late this afternoon and it was 1) empty and 2) no cover charge. Didn't want to make me stay though. I too find the hustle for $$$ by mostly straight boys at Stock off-putting.

I felt like watching a few dancers do their stuff last evening and first paid a visit to Stock. It was dead as a doornail and I didn't even see a dancer on the stage in the few minutes I was there. About 2 patrons. Talked to one dancer at the bar that I knew but that was it. It does seem like a barn when there is not much of a crowd there. And it seems the cover charge has gone the way of the do-do bird.

Then I went over to Campus. It had about 20 or so customers and only about 5 dancers but they were doing continuous dancing, no gaps in the entertainment. The ambience at Campus was much nicer, they have spruced up the stage a bit.

It is too early to see how Stock 3 will do but their effort to rip people off with a cover charge and firing Mickey/Lance has left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't be rushing back.

>

>It is too early to see how Stock 3 will do but their effort to

>rip people off with a cover charge and firing Mickey/Lance has

>left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't be rushing back.

You sound like an unhappy man. I prefer no cover charge at the Montreal strip bars. We were spoiled by that in Montreal. But for cripes sake $3 Canadian! (That is about $2.67 U.S.) That would make it still the best entertainment bargain in the world! Where else can you see a show of naked male dancers of that quality for $2.67? You can't get a Starbucks coffee for that. You can't even rent a video for that. Sheesh. And I have never been heavily pressured to buy drinks at Stock. Remember that Denise used to charge $17 admission to The Gaiety at the end, and she would re-charge you if left and came back. My understanding is that the Stock cover charge is good for in-out privleges. (OK, maybe not that kind of in-out privleges.)

And I have found that if dancers are fired from one of the Montreal clubs they usually well deserve it. Either there are customer complaints or drug use involved. I think that it is good that they fire the dancers that are trouble makers.

I'm not unhappy at all. If I don't like a place I just don't give them my business. I don't actively dislike Stock but I have had a couple of unpleasant experiences with individual dancers there and the management did nothing to come to my assistance. I did enjoy the re-opening of the Stock and there was a good crowd. Then the Outgames started and Gaypride and with all the tourists in town Stock imposed a cover charge to cash in on the bonanza.

So it's only $3.00. I spend far more than that on a typical visit to any of the strip bars. I just don't like it as I don't like any nickle and diming. I don't care that US bars do it differently. You just can't compare them to the Montreal bars. And in the end, as soon as the tourists disappeared, so did the cover charge. At least Campus and the others didn't succumb to the temptation to stiff their regular patrons for a few bucks. We do tend to remember these things.

As for dancers who get fired, some deserve it if they rip off customers or otherwise abuse them. Mickey never did that. The dancers who complained about him did so because he was giving a level of service they don't and they were jealous. I don't know when or if he will go back to Campus. We'll just have to see.

Archived