Stock: Version 3.0

NorthWoods
This topic is 6492 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since you asked...

I definitely don't like the new drapes behind the stage. I don't really like drapes in general but if they have to be there, I think they should be at least three inches shorter and have much tighter pleat. I would also prefer a lighter material of a different color (there's already too much red in that space), but I won't push my luck. :)

...Hoover

Guest msclonly

The darker background works better for the video and highlighting the bodies, then any light colors could do. Any light colors would interfere with the exposure meters on the cameras, and make the performers too dark to see them well!

I would have recommended Black drapes so the dancers would show up under the lights better then ever!

There is a possiblity of too much red. If it causes revenues to drop, I am sure they well be changed.

:)

>There is a possiblity of too much red. If it causes revenues

>to drop, I am sure they well be changed.

>

>:)

Revenue may drop because the club is too red? ?

I for one couldnt care less if the club was bright green with red dots as long as the dancers are hot.....

Campus is a perect example, the place hasnt been updated in 10 years and still draws crowds. Well, it could be the hot black bartender/waiter that draws the customers in :)

"When JT speaks we all should listen attentively, he is a very

wise individual"

It's possible a very light background (white, for example) would be unsuitable for the camera, but if you recall, the previous stage had a glass block rear wall that, when directly lighted, would reflect a lot of light back at the camera with no apparant problems.

Also, special occasions and holidays would often come with different-colored (green, red, black, and even beige) drapes over the blocks, also with no problems.

...Hoover

Guest msclonly

Well, when BULLS see RED, they get overly aggressive and attack.

We will just have to see, if there are more fights or sexual advances!

Since, these feelings are mostly unconscious, they will seldom be connected to the color of the drapes

:+

Still waiting for---

Who's back?

Who's missing?

Who's HOT?

Are the waiters--Dave, etc. back??

What's the back room like?

Any changes in "policies" as opposed to decor?

Don't get me wrong, I'm interested to see the new setting, but it's the dancers that bring me to Le Stock :))

Guest msclonly

You will know HOW wild it can get, when you see the guys hanging from or swinging from the DRAPES!

Of course, it sill be more difficult to determine the effect of the red color and drapes on the cam viewer audience in their private homes! They might be getting a bonus, when they are also swinging from their drapes or rolling around on the floor in heat charging their screens!

I have been by Stock twice since it opened but did not go in either time. The first was on Wednsday when it was ladies night and they were charging a cover of $3. Last night I dropped by again and the cover charge was still in effect, something new which I understand will stay in effect permanently. (I say it will stay as long as the tourists are around in droves, which they are currently for the Outgames and then Pride; when fall comes and the numbers drop off, so will the cover charge.)

As I didn't go in,I didn't see who was dancing, apart from a few who were at the door smoking. It's great now with the non-smoking policy in effect, you get to see who smokes by seeing who heads for the door every once in a while. I avoid the smokers so they are easy to distinguish now without having to smell their breath! x(

One bit of gossip;last night Lance aka Mickey was outside Stock and when I approached him he told me and another guy who was sitting there that he had been fired again from Stock. He said the reason was some of the other dancers didn't want to work with him. He had just quit dancing at Campus to go back to Stock so I don't know what his plans are now. He needs the work since he now has a baby at home to feed. He is a fun guy, I don't know what the beef is that these other dancers have.

Luv,

Last week when I was in MTL the Stock dancers were talking about having Lance and Ricardo fired or not hired at Stock.

The reasons they were giving were his openly "Extra Services" during lap dances. It seems the Stock boys didnt like his menu and didnt want Stock to be know for such activities. (sigh)

It seems that there are LOTS of dancers moving to Stock from Campus and Adonis (now if we can only get there waiters, well some), I would suspect Lance will easly be able to get his old job back.

"When JT speaks we all should listen attentively, he is a very

wise individual"

>The reasons they were giving were his openly "Extra Services"

>during lap dances. It seems the Stock boys didnt like his menu and

>didnt want Stock to be know for such activities.

It's nice to see the boys policing themselves. Since Mickey and Ricardo were the last two bad boys left at Stock, there will be nothing more going on in the back rooms at Stock except good clean stripping.

I mean, they were the last two, right? }(

...Hoover

I sort of suspected that there was some professional jealousy involved. Oh well, I am sure Lance/Mickey will show up working elsewhere; after all he has one of the biggest dicks in the biz (another possible reason for the jealousy) and is always a fun guy. I have been ripped off by some of those other Stock dancers who have a problem with counting songs and rarely engage them any more. I prefer the Campus lads but even there one has to pick and choose, just like at the fruit market between the ripe and the rotten! :p

"I have been by Stock twice since it opened but did not go in

either time. The first was on Wednsday when it was ladies

night and they were charging a cover of $3. Last night I

dropped by again and the cover charge was still in effect,

something new which I understand will stay in effect permanently."

A rather bold move by Stock's management. It will be interesting to see if the other strip clubs follow suit.

I am glad that Riccardo will not be back at Stock. He was one of the worst back room hustlers/mis-counters that there ever was.

Now Coop, say you go all the way to Montreal for a weekend, and you get to the door of the new and improved Stock, and they try to charge you a cover of $3 CDN. What will you do, cough up the $2.64 U.S., or will you walk away? I thought so. Me too. Three bucks Canadian makes it still the best entertainment value in the world.

There has been much discussion on the Stock Nude Male Dancers website about the new cover charge. Some think that it will only be for the two weeks of the Out Games and Montreal Pride. Others think that it is permenant. Management has not commented at all.

Either way, what's the big deal?

Cover charges at NY clubs are the rule not the exception. The 20 Club charges $10 and Splash Bar charges $5 for their "Man-on-Man" Show. I used to like the approach Stella's used. You paid a $5 cover and received a chip for a free drink.

Just wondering how it works at Stock. Once you've paid your cover, do they stamp your hand before you leave so you can return after visiting other clubs? It's rather common to go strip club hopping to check out the dancers at other clubs.

A cover charge at Adonis? Surely you must be joking. The last three times I was there, nothing was worth $3--except maybe one of the waiters. I can understand Stock and Campus hoping to cash in on the summer season and make some extra bucks, and maybe the one-time tourist will go to Adonis and Taboo, but regular Montreal visitors? Doubt it.

Question: Dancers at Campus can see (in several areas) what other dancers are "providing" their customers in lap dances, but at Stock with the curtain closed? How? I am assuming the New Stock still has that option? No one has been very specific about the lap dance area. Come on guys, you are leaving out some "juicy" but relevant details which won't hurt anything if they are posted---are the curtains up at Stock? Is that lap dance area as extensive as before? Is it too well lighted? Please---more info.

My 2 cents:

Cover charge. I've long since given up on Stock; I never even looked in the door on my last several visits. I plan to break with that tradition next time, mostly to see the new setup, but also because a friend who fancies the Stock boys will be visiting at the same time. The cover charge won't stop me from checking it out, but it might keep me from coming back, especially if what I find is largely unchanged from the previous Stock. I sure hope the cover charge includes in and out privileges; I too enjoy strolling up and down Ste. Catherine to sample the clubs.

Mickey/Lance, Riccardo, etc. One of the reasons I gave up on Stock was that few dancers lingered and talked; most of them tried to hustle you into the back rooms as quickly as possible, then miscounted and/or tried to add on additional charges. The vibe to me was mostly "straight guys trying to hustle as many $$ as possible for as little interaction as possible".

I used to see Riccardo there; he seemed to fit that mold pretty closely. Interestingly enough, that changed when he moved to Campus -- he was open, friendly, and chatty. I never got around to taking him to the back at Campus, but I had good reports about him from others.

I never knew Mickey/Lance at Stock, although I recall reading (here in the MC?) that people liked him. I got to know him at Campus and enjoyed talking with him. He, too, was (is?) on my "unfinished business" list; I never got to the back room with him, but have heard good things.

I'm glad that Riccardo and Mickey will be back at Campus.

Now will our local reporters please provide:

-- more details about the new new Stock's operations -- back rooms, curtains, charges, attitudes, etc.

-- some information on how the Stock reopening has affected Campus, especially in the afternoons?

Samai....

At Stock version 3.0 there are now 2 large rooms.

(one on each side of the stage)

They each have about 10 booths all equiped with curtains.

The lighting is dim, there is also softer music than what is playing in the club with songs that dont get cut short.

The best is expected at Stock and it is delivered :)

As for the Adonis cover, I have found on my last few trips a few undiscovered dancers, JP who has just moved to Stock and a few others...I think if the cover is a one time daily it might be worth the investment. If you spend enough time at Adonis you can find new talent looking to be trained

}( }(

Archived