REBIRTH OF STOCK BAR

This topic is 6521 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JohnPela

RE: Bozo Pics and Reviews

>BOZO WILL BE IN MONTREAL NEXT WEEK WITH HIS CAMERA.

>HOPEFULLY, PICS WILL BE POSTED UPON HIS RETURN...

Bozo,

Look forward to your pics and reviews of the dancers after you get back from your trip. Not the same as being one of the two official Gaiety reviewers ...

It has come to my attention by one of the most reliable sources of Stock Bar (not Anthony) inside information that the completion of the demolition and roof repair will start on Tuesday 5/23.

It seems that demolition and work needed to be stoped because the building is unsafe due to the wall and roof damage and lack of electric.

The city is reviewing the new improved interior and exterior plans and should issue permits shortly.

An entire new interior including a new stage, bars, sound and lite system is being designed.

If your interested in seeing the actual damage log onto the newest Tiger news at http://www.Nudemaledancers.com

Christmas has come early

• 2 weeks later...

Construction update 06/21/06

As of today the roof and brick work is totaly complete.

At 10PM tonite there were workmen inside of Stock working. (worklights installed)

It appears that all of the interior demolition is complate and construction of the new club has begun. The boards and scafolds covering the front of the club have also been removed.

Photos to follow......

Guest Rendie

RE: Construction update 06/21/06

Great news Taz and thanks!

It looks like the pace of construction has accelerated considerably just in time for a Grand Re-opening on July 19th or 20th! ;-) ;-)

Here's a link to the latest Stock Bar Tiger News video. (click on link and be patient - it should download and open for viewing in your default media player):

http://stockbar.ca/stock/html/tiger/tigernewsfire05juin06.asf

enjoy

rendie

at 26 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes and 51 seconds until Wednesday, July 19, 2006 at 6:00:00 PM (Québec time)

Current Interior Stock pics 6/24/06

>As of today the roof and brick work is totaly complete.

>

>At 10PM tonite there were workmen inside of Stock working.

>(worklights installed)

>

>It appears that all of the interior demolition is complate and

>construction of the new club has begun. The boards and

>scafolds covering the front of the club have also been

>removed.

>

>Photos to follow......

http://www.voguehost.com/ims/u/MSCF/Message%20Center/image000.jpg

http://www.voguehost.com/ims/u/MSCF/Message%20Center/image.jpg

RE: Current Interior Stock pics 6/24/06

Thanks for the photos.

It's as I expected: interior work can be accomplished extremely quickly by a capable and motivated contractor. If fixtures are being constructed off-site at the same time, they'll almost just plug right in.

Anything -- anything -- can go wrong with a construction project and often does. But I'm quite optimistic after seeing your photos.

Thanks.

BG

Guest Rendie

It was posted in another forum that Unity II (the dance Club in the same building as Stock) is scheduled to open on July 26th. All club workers have supposedly been told to be ready to report for work on that date.

As Martha would say "It's a Good Thing", but not as good as a July 20th Stock Bar reopening. ;-)

rendie

at 23 days, 18 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds until Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 6:00:00 PM (Québec time)

..." Unity II (the dance Club in the same building as Stock) is scheduled to open on July 26th. All club workers have supposedly been told to be ready to report for work on that date."

Has anyone heard if the Stock employees have been notified of a back to work date?

I think people are dreaming in technocolor if they think Le Stock is going to be open in July. I went by today and the interior is still an empty core.They now have less than 3 weeks to complete the work before the construction holiday commences, really just 2 and 1/2 weeks. It just seems impossible to me that it will be ready by then.

Today (Wednsday) they are loading drywall into the Club Unity. I have to say there is lots of activity on the site, even last evening I saw some work going on in the Le Stock area. So who knows, but they really need to step on it.

• 2 weeks later...

New Stock Opening Date

A well known member of the Stock web site http://WWW.Nudemaledancers.com

reported last night that the date has been changed for the reopening of Stock. The new date is now July 22,2006.

He also reported that all of the workers consisted of off duty dancers, camboys and bar employees. UGH

There were however working well after 11PM and planed to continue late into the night.

Would anyone like to buy a ticket to mtl (joke)

RE: New Stock Opening Date

"...He also reported that all of the workers consisted of off duty

dancers, camboys and bar employees...."

Has anyone spoken to an "off duty dancer" who's actually working at rebuilding Stock? If so, what kind of work are they doing?

Archived