campus web site updated - sort of

newatthis
This topic is 7004 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Too much time on my hands tonight; checked out the Campus web site [http://www.campusmtl.com/accueil/main.html]. Surprise!; they've updated it. Or, to be more exact, they've added pictures of some of the newer dancers (the term is relative and includes some who've been dancing there for over half a year at least).

Among the additions I spotted under "Danseurs Jour" (please make allowances for my faulty memory here) are

*Chris (of course not new, but the pictures with his new blonder haircut are)

*Dany (started as James last fall; left for Taboo; came back as Dany)

*Dereck (the DJ who also dances)

*Ryan the adorable

*Stef the raunchy

In my opinion neither Ryan's nor Stef's pictures do them justice.

What they haven't done is remove pictures of dancers who have long since departed (if they're back again, I'd like to know):

*Kenny (now at Adonis)

*Pascal (retired)

*Tyler (haven't seen him since June 2004)

*Yvan (now at Adonis)

I didn't notice any changes to the "Danseurs Soir", but I don't know them as well.

Some of the pictures were clearly taken in the club -- Dany, for example, is in front of the jukebox. My guess? Patrick or one of the other managers does them.

Agree with you about Brad and Gabriel. Mike was dancing days last time I was there even though they've got his pic with the night dancers.

I was at Campus last weekend and saw the post about their website and thought I would add my two cents:

1. Several of the dancers pictured for the afternoon are no longer

dancing---namely, Dan---last word I had was that he was working

for his girlfriend's father and would not be coming back to

Campus; Jesse---is gone and probably will not be back---I'd

prefer NOT to give details.

2. There are also several dancers who do work during the afternoon

who are not pictured. I have no idea why---except for one whose

name was mentioned by several, and I'd prefer not to speak for

him.

3. Roberto is shown as an evening dancer, but he was dancing in the

afternoon while I was there.

4. Contrary to what was written in a thread a couple of weeks ago,

I thought Campus was great in the afternoon, and L'Adonis was

pretty bad in the evening, at least while I was there. Maybe it

is just "different strokes for different folks." ???

I'll be interested in postings about Stock once that bar is "back to normal."

Trying to remember all the names and experiences so here goes :

1) Andy (daytime dancer) on the website has now taken the name of Jesse. I guess the other Jesse is gone, as someone said. My favorite of my trip. Straight, but extremely accomodating and fun. I had a lot of fun with this guy, most of it on my last day/night in town and most of it outside of the lap dance area, just talking and laughing.

2) Frank (Francesco) - much better looking and bigger than his photos ; not huge, but pretty cut and great abs and perfect symmetry - be specific before and you will have a great time...especially if ya like 100 % Italian bad ass types...very close with Andy/Jesse..notice same dragon tatoo...more introspective and very cool

3) Brad and Gabriel - totally agree...very fun and accomodating...recommended as fun for all, but not suitable for children

Now I was warned about Sunday nite which is ladies night, but I went anyway...the women were great and there were a lot of hot strippers there from the straight clubs and it was great to see everybody have fun and get in to it BUT the usual applies...guys that were trying to get you the day before would not even look you in the eye on ladies nite for whatever reason (embarassment, something more appealing to flirt with, etc). I found like disturbing and felt like a dick, cause the reality hit that it was not just a matter of choice, but that I truly was a second class citizen to certain guys (actually most of them there that evening). If I was good enough to be a customer the night before, and not on ladies nite, it did not feel like it was even a business relationship. After all, you would at least acknowledge those with whom you do business. I thought about it a lot and maybe I was too sensitive, but I did realize that I felt the same way in high school and college when I felt like an outsider cause of my preference. It was a good thing for me to experience cause its important for me to see why I might be oversensitive and to comes to terms with feelings of rejection.

This guy was working at Stock and I did not see him at Campus :

http://www.campusmtl.com/evenements/images/xxxmen/xxxmen50.jpg

He was my first lap dance ever (by a guy) and boy was he up on his game. Went by Rico at Stock and he was the only one who triggered all of my red flags and flags that you guys told me to watch out for. However, he did all the stereotypic things AFTER the first time I went with him (I only went once). Next time he saw me, I got the story tat he didnt do any dances that night, and made comments like I was going with "other meat" Even said that he "had to make a living" and asked if I would give him a tip and that anything I wanted to give him would be appreciated. Ya know, dont know if its a reality, but I got a very slimy feel from him...he was a good lap dancer without a doubt and I wouldnt have minded going with him again, but I felt there was too much of a scam going on.

PS I liked Campus best for price and value and also for feel. $10 a song and no one tried to get more (except for , unlike the $20 songs at Stock that were sold to me as "the norm" Fortunately I had Cooper and another friend there to remind me what was normal and what should be given for good and great service. I tipped almost everyone at Campus except for a few guys who really were just going through the motions, which is understandable at times. This guy :

http://www.campusmtl.com/danse_s/images/ricky/ricky01.jpg

told me that if I touched his dick or kissed him that it would be $20 a song, which I quickly found from Coop was not the custom. I am all for paying whats fair and tipping, but dont like the bullshit. As a result, I really enjoyed the strip bars and bought guys drinks but did not go wild as I had a budget and it was not worth it to me to use a lot of money to find out who was cool or not.

Really liked Campus and spent most of my time there.

Noviceny, I see you have returned from Montreal and have some experiences now of Montreal strip bars (of the gay persuasion). You should have avoided ladies nite at any of the bars, they are thoroughly depressing as far as the interaction between the dancers and the male clientele who may be on hand. Sort of like high school dances for the poor guys who had zits or the flat-chested girls!

As for some of your experiences with individual dancers, Rico at Stock and Ricky at Campus are both super hustlers and I am sure they would zero in on a new face such as yours in New York minute! Ricky in particular is very pushy and you just have to say "no". He has been at Campus for over 7 years and it shows. Rico does a massage business on the side but I have only had him for a lapdance (once!). There are just others who are so much better, IMO.

Of the current pics of dancers at Campus, Kevin (nite dancer) has recently relocated to Toronto but will be doing guest appearances at Campus from time-to-time, so he tells me. I'm sorry to hear Dan is gone, I always had the hots for him and his dances could be scorchers! Chris (afternoon) is a sweetheart and has an impressive endowment (the grower category). (He proves the rule that short guys can have large appendages!)

In another thread, you said you were sad to see that money can buy almost anything. Really dear, for a boy from NYC, this is a bit much! :+

Guest msclonly

Sometimes it's called an UP SALE! or Add on!

That looks like the guy who charges an extra song for talking to him before having a dance. But he looks like only a shadow of his former self! Must be the expensive habits.

Sunday is often a great nite, since a lot of the better guys avoid the poor tipping gals, and spend more time with the men. There are some st8 dancers, that get loco over the girls, but there is not a whole of tipping being done to them.

Overall it is a little more lively with visiting dancers on the make.

;(

novice--

Glad you had such a good time in Montreal. I very much enjoyed reading your adventures; they reminded me a lot (in the general tone, not the specific experiences) of my own first visit. What others have written seems to be true: somehow the most jaded, money-grubbing dancers have an unerring instinct for newcomers. My first time I almost ran out of Campus because of that. Ironically, it was a couple of really nice guys at Stock (where I almost never go any more) who "saved" me. (Reminds me of how cats invariably jump into the lap of the person in the room who most hates cats.)

Despite all this, the vibrancy of the city and the clubs made its mark on me (and on you, I think) and I knew I'd be back again and again.

One thing I've discovered over time is that establishing a good relationship with a waiter can be very valuable in avoiding the hustlers and learning about guys who are good fun. I would never have tried Gabriel, who is not really my type at all, if not for a waiter's suggestion.

Your social worker's perspective on the homeless and the younger dancers at Taboo and Adonis was thought-provoking. Ditto your reaction to ladies' night and its relation to your own feelings when growing up.

What did you decide about the job?

Welcome Back NoviceNY,

I got a lot out of reading about your visit to Montreal...sounds like some of those boys play a mean game up there. I suppose that's to be expected, but like you say, it's a hard dose of reality when a dancer who is all over you one night, doesn't acknowledge you the next. It's not a game I'm eager to play. What happened to the concept of treating everyone fairly? Dancers and clients would both benefit from some mutual respect.

That said, this question goes out to anyone who has been to Campus recently. I'd really like to know if Ryan, the ex-Gaiety dancer, all

6'4" of him with those amazing low-hangers is dancing at Campus? and if so, afternoon or evening? Any info...please.

thanks

Archived