Who should be Mr. Gaiety 2004?

Hoover42
This topic is 7078 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Do we have an official list of contenders?" Hoover

Good questions. The "contenders" will be any dancer who has performed at the G in 2004 . From Jan 1 - Dec. 31. Currently, all their names appear on the G-lineup threads. If anyone wants to go back and make a list of all their names, great! If not, we can check for ourselves.

Regarding the question of best and worst. No, the "Mr. Gaiety" contest is a very positive event and recognizes the amazing qualities of these G-dancer.

Foxy and I have made some nominating changes. This year we'll each have the opportunity to vote for up to 3 dancers.

At our planning meeting last Friday night, we realized that this year's voting is going to be a tough one. Lots of very special dancers to choose from. Last year the vote was very close and Ben Versace, with a lot of campaigning from his friends, earned the title "Mr. Gaiety 2003". Will he be able to hold on to that title, or will a hunk from North or South of the border win out??? Will the title go to a bodybuilder type, swimmers build, twink, big dick, bubble butt, or an incredible performer??? Can't wait to find out.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, this is the time to post them. Also, if you're a "lurker" of this Forum and not an M4M member, now is a good time to sign up.

>special dancers to choose from. Last year the vote was very

>close and Ben Versace, with a lot of campaigning from his

>friends, earned the title "Mr. Gaiety 2003". Will he be able

>to hold on to that title, or will a hunk from North or South

>of the border win out???

POINT OF ORDER! ;)

Should Ben be eligible again? Should anyone who has already earned the crown (or sash or scepter or anal beads) have a chance to get it again? Is this fair to anyone else? I think a performer should only earn it once in a lifetime or maybe they can be eligible once every three years if they won. Just my $.02.

Looks like people are anxious to start voting. I say vote with your heart (or other body part) and don't worry too much about why someone is your favorite. We'll keep the ground rules simple and promise no hung Chad...I mean hanging chads. As to past winners (I guess that means Ben) we'll discuss that one over cocktails at SBNY tomorrow afternoon after the G show. Stop by and I'll introduce you to my new favorite bartender. Mike...yum!

Considering Canada's unique and immense contribution to the quality of Gaiety shows year in, year out, I see no reason why the title shouldn't go to one of those beauties from up North.

In the same spirit, I see the complete justice of giving the title to someone like Dave Angelo. Not only does he satisfy virtually every criterion that might figure in the decision (good looks, outstanding equipment, performing ability, erotic imagination, unflagging energy, personal charm--plus total honesty and professionalism in his dealings with patrons, both inside the theater and elsewhere), but he's been at it, with unfailing reliability, for what must be a decade at least.

Don't laugh, but the one person who is best positioned to say who Mr. Stock should be--and to do it in a disinterested, subjective way--is Denise! (And anyone who thinks she'd give the nod to Neo over Dave is a fool not worth the tedium of rebutting.)

But having re-read what I've just written, it strikes me that I'm putting Dave up for the Gaiety's 'Lifetime Achievement Award.' And maybe that's a good way of thinking about it.

By the same token, it might be more interesting (and eventually less contentious and silly an endeavor) to elect a "Rookie of the Year"--the dancer who, having made his first appearance on 46th Street during the past twelve months, has caused the most buzz, excitement, and, of course, the most dramatic boost in box-office receipts.

For such an award as this, it probably won't surprise anyone that I'd nominate someone who made his debut, March 8, 2004, and will return to us for only his third or fourth visit tomorrow--the incomparable Nick.

POINT OF ORDER! ;)

"Should Ben be eligible again?"

VDN: Yes, Ben is eligible because he danced during the 2004 year. PAST PRACTICE, Dominic was Mr. Gaiety 2002 and was nominated in 2003. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Dominic dancing in 2004 and therefore would not be eligible.

I'm out of New York right now but hope to make it up there before the end of the week, so maybe we'll see other. It's a lineup no one should miss--with Canadian talent once again the dominant factor by far. (At this writing, Sebastian, Nick, Sam, Alex and Miguel--Stock stalwarts, all--are expected to appear.)

Yes, Jeffrey would have made a splendid Mr. Gaiety--and, being openly gay, he would have gladdened the hearts of those patrons who seem to resent the very fact that most of the dancers are straight.

I guess the bigtime modeling career has taken off just as he had hoped. If so, more power to him, even if it means that (sniff) we'll never get to see him dance again.

>Yes, Jeffrey would have made a splendid Mr. Gaiety--and,

>being openly gay, he would have gladdened the hearts of those

>patrons who seem to resent the very fact that most of the

>dancers are straight.

>

>I guess the bigtime modeling career has taken off just as he

>had hoped. If so, more power to him, even if it means that

>(sniff) we'll never get to see him dance again.

>

I hate to be picky on this, but Jeffrey is not gay. He certainly is bisexual at least, but certainly not exclusively gay. I choose to think of him more as omni-sexual.

He has retired from dancing, and is working as a pilot in Canada. His last Gaiety appearance was December 2003.

Foxy and I had a "planning board" meeting on Monday to discuss the ground rules for the "Mr. Gaiety 2004" contest. We are familiar with the rules that govern the "Mr. Stock" contest, but since neither of us is willing to cough up $2,000, we'll keep it very simple.

Once again, the dancers who are eligible are those who danced during the year 2004. In some cases a few dancers have the same name, so it would be helpful to indicate where they are from, ex. Ringo from Stock.

You will have the opportunity to vote for as many as 3 dancers. Your 1st choice will receive 3 votes, 2nd choice 2 votes, and 3rd choice 1. Since there are no categories, your choices are based on your personal favorites. Voting will start in about 2 weeks and continue to the end of the month. On January 1st, the winner will be announced.

If you have any additional suggestions please let us know. Remember, this is to be FUN. :-)

Re: Stock Rules..

When JP, the current "Mr. Stock", was dancing at the G, this is how he explained it to me.

A panel of judges made up of men and woman rate the dancers on both the 1st and 2nd numbers, the candidates are then interviewed and a winner is declared. I understand that personality plays a large part in their decision.

The prizes include, a check for $2,000 and a trip to the Caribbean.

Archived