This Week at The Gaiety (Review 12/22) Comments Welcome

Guest JustANametoPlay
This topic is 7819 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest JustANametoPlay

NYO you could never be forgotten. As I don't live in NYC I enjoy living vicarousily through your reviews. I have enjoyed them and will miss them. I have also had teh pleasure of meeting you on occasion when I travelled to Ny and without a doubt you are a class act (and if only you would dance at the Gaiety and not just write about it my life would be complete).

All the best to you, and thank you for the memories!

NYO, sorry to see the change, but, you certainly deserve a respite from the challenging reporting you have been doing for us. you always did it with style and fairness. thanks for the helpful info and tips you were always willing to pass along. i hope to run into you occasionally at the gaiety. (you'd think i would have made it there at least once since i retired july first, which i hope to remedy soon)!

Guest fukamarine

I was very sad to hear that you will not be doing anymore Gaiety reviews for this site. When I started to read your announcement I figured it must be because it was too time consuming and you no longer had the interest to do so.

But then you continued to say that you would be doing it on another site in the near future.

This leads one to wonder if your departure could have something to do with a disagreement with the management??? If you don't wish to comment, I'll understand - but really what else could it be, unless it is that the other site will actually pay you real money for it???

In any case - I wish you good luck in your new venture and please don't forget us. Your column has been a highlight in my week for a year now and I thank you so much for the entertainment you have given me.

One more thing - please be sure to let us know what site you will be returning to. I'm sure many of us would love to visit you there too.

fukamarine

>NYO, sorry to see the change, but, you certainly deserve a

>respite from the challenging reporting you have been doing for

>us. you always did it with style and fairness. thanks for

>the helpful info and tips you were always willing to pass

>along. i hope to run into you occasionally at the gaiety.

>(you'd think i would have made it there at least once since i

>retired july first, which i hope to remedy soon)!

Shy, thanks for the kind words. Always happy to give my input, for what it's worth. Of course, it varies from person to person, it's very much about chemistry, patron and dancer.

Hope to see you soon. Say hi to Lance if you see him :)

Hi There,

Please see my comments below.

>I was very sad to hear that you will not be doing anymore

>Gaiety reviews for this site. When I started to read your

>announcement I figured it must be because it was too time

>consuming and you no longer had the interest to do so.

It does take a lot of time and it gets expensive, as I want to do a good job and go to the theatre a lot (almost always 2, sometimes 3 times a week). I am still very interested in the guys and The Gaiety.

>

>But then you continued to say that you would be doing it on

>another site in the near future.

I am investigating options. I might return; if so, it would probably be elsewhere.

>

>This leads one to wonder if your departure could have

>something to do with a disagreement with the management??? If

>you don't wish to comment, I'll understand - but really what

>else could it be, unless it is that the other site will

>actually pay you real money for it???

Not a disagreement with management. Hooboy has always treated me ok. At one point recently, I decided I wanted to be compensated (no discussion of an amount) for my work and he said he couldn't afford to do so. I am going to look at the possibilities of my own site; it would be VERY limited, it would never replace this site. It is a ton of work to do on a volunteer basis. I figure I have done close to 150 reviews over the last three years (I didn't count)

>

>In any case - I wish you good luck in your new venture and

>please don't forget us. Your column has been a highlight in my

>week for a year now and I thank you so much for the

>entertainment you have given me.

Glad you enjoyed the reviews, glad they were a highlight in your week. If and when I do something new, I will definitely get the word out; after all, the fan base is on this website.

>

>One more thing - please be sure to let us know what site you

>will be returning to. I'm sure many of us would love to visit

>you there too.

I promise.

Hugs,

NYO

>

>fukamarine

>

RE: This Week at The Gaiety (Review 12/22) Comments Wel...

Dear NYO,

It has been a tremendously rich experience to have your thoughts and great reviews week after week. I knew nothing about this site or many details about the Gaiety. You were, and still are, my main source of information.

It saddens me to see you leave this site but I'm very happy that thanks to this site and the Gaiety, I have met great people like you.

Good luck in your new adventure and you can count on me for anything you may need.

Great Job!

Luso :D

OH SAY IT AIN'T SO !

I HAVE BEEN KNOWN ON OCCASION TO WRITE A REVIEW OR TWO, AND KNOW ALL TOO WELL HOW TIME CONSUMING THE PROCESS IS, EVEN WHEN IT INVOLVES WRITING ABOUT NAKED MEN. IN THE CASE OF THE NYO, HE RELIGIOUSLY, SOME MIGHT SAY NEUROTICALLY, COULD BE FOUND AT HIS USUAL RINGSIDE PERCH EVERY WEEKEND ABSORBING THE MUSK OF ALL OF THOSE HOT SWEATY GAIETY DANCERS.

THE NYO PROVIDED SO MANY OF US WITH AN OPPORTUNITY TO VIEW THE WEEKLY GAIETY SHOWS THRU HIS OWN PERSPECTIVE WHEN WE WERE EITHER TOO LAZY OR TOO CHEAP TO GET OFF OF OUR BUTTS TO GO TO THE THEATRE OURSELVES. HE DID THIS PROUDLY, DILIGENTLY AND SUCCESSFULLY, AND NEVER (WELL, ALMOST NEVER) HAD A BAD WORD TO SAY ABOUT A DANCER.

I FOR ONE WILL MISS THE REVIEW, AND MAY EVEN RESUME MY OWN. I ALSO LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HIM AGAIN BACK AT THE GAIETY. NOTWITHSTANDING, I WISH HIM GOOD LUCK IN HIS FUTURE ENDEAVOURS AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING HIM IN MONTREAL NEXT WEEKEND!!

BOZO

Guest Bitchboy

Class act from a classy guy. A true New York fixture in the mode of Joe Franklin and Cindy Adams (only a lot cuter and no beehive hairdo).

Be well and take care of yourself. :o

Wow, now I know I'm special, Bozo T Clown comes out of the woodwork. Thanks for your kind words. Having done your own reviews on Muscle Service, you, more than anyone, knows what's involved.

I look forward to seeing you in Montreal next weekend, glad you'll be there.

PS, the old email I have for you no longer works, email me sometime.

Well, I always knew it would take a lot to get me to register and post here on this site. Today is the day. When I heard my good friend NYO was checking out of HooBoy Hotel it was like an electric jolt to my system. I first met NYO almost three years ago. He is the smartest, sweetest, most knowledge and certainly the fairest of all the reviewers of Gaiety pulchitude. In fact, he is often much more enjoyable than the dancers themselves. I've had the great good pleasure to meet, dine and even tour Montreal with this wonderful guy. While he will be missed by all of us, I'm glad NYO is going to devote more time to himself and his life. He will be around for sure, spreading his good cheer and good will (Christ, I sort of make him sound like Santa Claus) for years to come. This site is losing one of its brightest assets. Good Luck, NYO.

:) :) :) :) :)

Just wanted to add my few words of thanks. I had never had a particular desire to visit New York until this year and after following your reviews and other side comments on the City. When I decided to visit I of course stayed at the Marriott Marquis and the Gaiety was at the top of my Tourist Attraction list.

You were also so kind to respond to my e-mails answering my questions and giving me tips,not just about the Gaiety but also about the City. You definitely helped in my enjoyment during my first visit and hope to contact you again, for updated tips when I get the chance to return.

Thanks Again and hope you have a perfect Holiday and a fulfilling New Year.

Take Care,

KY

KY Top points out a very good side of NYO, his willingness to answer emails and give us some inside info when we need it. The dedication he has given to the Gaiety reviews is admirable and I will seriously miss the Monday morning re-caps.

Good luck, NYO.

Yikes, I am getting all sappy and teary eyed now.

I didn't mean to take away attention from the guys. They should be the focal point of this thread, not me.

I appreciate all your comments and look forward to staying in touch with all of you. I will continue to post here. I will continue to answer all my emails.

I won't be doing the reviews here (possibly elsewhere) but other than that, things will be the same. Life will go on, just as it did before.

Maybe I should tell my Mom about my testimonial page, she'd be so proud that I was successful at something!

Have a great holiday guys.

Hugs,

NYO

I cannot tell you men how much I appreciated NYO's

hard work over the years. I have looked forward to reading

his weekly review and will miss it. I wish NYO the best in what

ever he does . I am glad that over this past year I have gotten to know him. He has introduced me to a lot of great people that either

work or attend the gaiety. For that I am very greatful for. Thanks for Everything NYO

;(

• 5 years later...

Welcome to This Week at The Gaiety, the hottest show on Broadway. This week’s show was a good one, with a good mix of muscle, dancing and we even had a few hot newcomers added to the cast. I don’t know where management keeps coming up with these guys, but they do a very good job of keeping us entertained.

I went to see Miracle on 34th Street, an annual concert at Madison Square Garden. It was a great time, with so many famous performers. The highlights for me included Ray Charles who is still great, Patti LaBelle, Gloria Gaynor and Anastacia. There were lots of other name performers on the card as well. My biggest disappointment was the absence of Deborah Cox who was scheduled to appear. It’s a good event, I’ll definitely try to go again next year. WKTU, one of the top dance stations in NYC sponsored the event.

This week’s review will include all the performers in the lineup during the week, not just the weekend ones. As always, the opinions expressed here are mine and are not intended as definitive, just my thoughts. We all like different things and have different opinions on who’s hot and who’s not. The best judge of what you like will always be you, so it’s best to come out and decide for yourself.

1. Austin (weekday only), one of the handsomest guys to grace our stage, tall, dark and handsome. This time around he was leaner than on his previous appearances; it was a look I personally liked better. He let some of his chest hair grow in and it too looked good on him. Austin is a very personable, friendly guy. He might come off as aloof or even arrogant on stage, but that’s far from the case. I was disappointed that the rumors that he was actually going to “dance” on the stage never came to fruition. Austin had hurt his back (it definitely wasn’t because of his strenuous stage show) and had to drop out of the lineup for the weekend. Too bad, it would have been fun observing him boogie.

2. Marco (Friday night only), another hot man, very sexy on stage, great blue eyes, very unusual colouring (I’m practicing for Canada, on the schedule for next weekend), a very chiseled body with a few tattoos scattered about and a very intense stage performance. He looks great in his black outfits, that seems to bring out the best in a lot of the performers (Austin does a lot of black too). Marco is also a very friendly guy, more outgoing than Austin. I find him mesmerizing on stage, very hard to keep my eyes off him. I particularly like when he emerges for his second song and the curtain at the back opens and the first thing one sees is a very erect dick. I don’t like the boots he wears, but he humours me every now and then by going barefoot, so I can’t complain too much.

3. Trevor, the biggest muscle of the week, bigger than in the past, not as cut and defined, but definitely in great shape. He knows how to show off his body so well, posing effectively to show off all his musculature. Trevor has one of the nicest smiles I’ve seen on the stage. I wish he’d show it more, but that’s not his stage persona. He does smile at me and gives me a good show. I think he always tries to do a little more for the tippers. Trevor has a beautiful fuzzy butt and a nice dick, he looks incredibly sexy to me when he comes out totally nude (no shoes or socks) for his second number; I like the no tattoo look. For more details on Trevor, please see the write-up in Devon’s Diary on this website. For those of you not familiar with Devon, he’s a hottie from San Francisco who has a daily diary which you might enjoy reading.

4. Ricardo, a handsome Brazilian, very good looking upper body, good dancer, nice face, well-endowed. I like that he puts on a show on stage but dislike the big sunglasses which hide his attractive face. He has let his hair grow longer, I think I liked it better shorter, but he still looks the part of a Latin movie star (I think he thinks that too). Considering how perfect his chest and upper body is, it’s always surprising to me that Ricardo hasn’t developed his ass to be comparable. What is definitely one of the best upper bodies is quite mediocre (by Gaiety standards) down under.

5. Brad, a fun blond from Texas, a good dancer with a cute face and a nicely toned body. He seems to have a lot of self-confidence both on and off the stage. He moves exceptionally well, has good eye contact and connects well with the audience. He has a nice smile and it’s good to hear a dancer actually thank all the tippers for their appreciation. Many of the guys take it for granted and think it’s their due to get all the adoration and the tips. Sure, I think tipping is “customary” and appreciated, but it’s nice when the performer shows some appreciation back. Without the customers, these boys would not be doing what they do. I like Brad’s act and attitude a lot. I wish he’d come out for song two barefoot. Those cowboy boots are a bit much for me. I guess it’s the Southern boy in him.

6. Luc, a handsome dancer, tall, fuzzy chest, improving dancer, nice smile and a warm personality. His show is not particularly exciting to me, especially the fact that you never get to see his back throughout the entire second song. I do think he’s a nice guy, he’s always very friendly in the lounge and has definitely developed a strong following in New York. I don’t think Luc was as defined this time around as I’ve seen him, but he is still quite popular. I saw quite a few people who tipped only one dancer, Luc, so he must be doing something right.

7. Sylvio (early week only), a classicly handsome guy, very Italian movie star looking to me with his long mane of hair. He’s very sensual on stage, moving sexily and confidently. I would prefer him without the long hair, as it obscures his face, but he seems to be pretty fond of this look. It’s odd to me to look at someone with so much hair on his head and then look down to totally shaved pubes. Sylvio has a unique dance style which is quite over the top. He’s a good entertainer. I think he’s a bit on the shy side, he really doesn’t appear to make much of an effort to interact with the patrons in the lounge.

8. Felipe (weekend only), a cute Colombian boy, very flirty on stage, small in stature, but nicely shaped. He has a cute smile and a certain confidence about himself. He dances well, has good though somewhat indirect eye contact with the audience. In his second number, he moves about the stage well, shows off his nice looking butt well but not as explicitly as some of the others. I thought he was more seductive this weekend than I’ve seen him in the past.

9. Brian, a blond bodybuilder type, very sexy on stage and in great shape. He has added a pierced eyebrow, not sure if I like it or not. He’s quite friendly in the lounge and has become a lot more confident on stage. I think he would have won the best erection award this week. He did an excellent job in that category, coming out hard every single show I saw. Brian has a very muscular body, great chest, with some body hair, nice legs and an above average ass. I am finding myself liking him more and more each appearance.

10. Louis (or Luis) (or maybe Louise as one of the DJ’s introduced him), a newcomer and a very hot man. He has light brown skin, not sure of his ethnicity but he’s a very good looking guy, muscular, very sexy eyes and smile and a big butt which he showed off to the delight of the audience. He has a very friendly personality, he fit right in in the lounge area, socializing with patrons, making nice contact. Everyone who spoke to him seemed to like him. He’s from New York and has previously performed at Cupid’s in Florida. I was amused during his second act when he came out in socks and one of them had that little funny round sticker on it that said 9, I wonder if that was how he perceived himself or maybe he just bought these socks special for his debut on Broadway. In either case, Louis made a good start at The Gaiety. He seemed to be quite popular with the fans and I’m sure he’ll be back again soon.

11. Derek, a handsome man, great big dick and balls, decent dancer, very nice personality. I teased him on Friday night when he didn’t come out for his first number hard; he usually comes out hard and you can see the bulge clearly delineated in his pants. Apparently there was a mix-up in the order and he had no time prepare. Not to worry, on his second number Derek came out with a huge hard-on, definitely biggest in the show (well maybe his buddy Jeff could rival it, maybe we have to do a measuring). I have gotten to know Derek over the years and think he’s a very sexy guy, very friendly. He’s not a young kid anymore, but he’s definitely matured into a nice looking man.

12. Ricky, another newcomer, this one came out to an old Ricky Martin song in Spanish and he danced up a storm. He put on a good routine, showing off a very nicely toned body. On Friday, he came out on stage sporting a big hat, I wasn’t particularly fond of it. When he returned for his second number, he had “let down his hair” and oh my, his hair was way down his back. I am not normally a fan of real long hair, but it looked good on Ricky. He was a very sexy, seasoned performer, very extreme eye contact, a nice smile, good body, nice butt. I am not sure of his nationality, Latino of some sort for sure. He was a very nice addition to the lineup but I’m not sure that others will agree on liking his hair style, most of the Gaiety patrons seem to be fairly conservative in their preferences.

13. Tommy, my favorite this week, a newcomer who was hot hot hot (and he knew it). He emerged from backstage for his debut and immediately took New York by storm, what a cute boy. He has a military buzzcut, a great face and smile (I liked that his tongue peeked out from his mouth every now and then), a very nice compact body (a bit on the short side) and a fun personality. He dressed well for the stage, I especially liked his underwear selection; he tried a bright red pair of Tommy Hilfiger boxers for some shows and a lime green pair of Unico ones during other shows (I think he currently lives in Florida, if I heard correctly). He teased us by featuring his butt (even in his undies it looked good) and did a great job of bringing the audience to him. In his second number, he smiled a lot more, great seductive eye contact, nice butt, decent dick, ok, better than decent. I didn’t like his big shoes, but that was a minor flaw. I think this boy was one of the best looking ones to debut at The Gaiety and I know that many agree. There was a traffic jam in the lounge after each performance, waiting to talk to the new-born star. I’ll wait patiently, but he’s definitely on my list for Santa if he’s reading this.

14. Big Jeff, a beautiful natural body; for a tall guy, he looks so well-proportioned. He has a great big dick, a nicely rounded butt and his onstage personality is improving (perhaps with age). He has started to move a bit more on stage, smile a bit more, I enjoy his show a lot more than I used to. I am even starting to be tempted by that seductive smile of his. (Santa, where are you when I need ya). I wouldn’t call Jeff a body builder, but he is a great physical specimen, very big all around. He’s definitely among the more popular performers on our stage.

15. Vito, another popular guy, I particularly liked his outfit on Saturday with a blue dress shirt (open at the bottom) and jeans. He’s a good dancer, prancing about the stage to a great Enrique remix. He has a very sexy and innocent (and I think genuine) smile, I think he really enjoys being out on the stage. He has a nicely toned body, not too big and a big dick. Vito is one of the most down-to-earth friendly guys who perform at The Gaiety. He has little or no attitude, very nice chatting with him.

That’s it for this week. Next week’s show is fragmented because of Christmas. Here’s what I’ve heard. Monday will feature Tyler and the return of the 3 newcomers from this past weekend (Santa, it’s not too late for some last minute shopping). I think that there will be matinee only on Tuesday but best to call ahead to make sure. Theatre closed for Christmas. Following that, lineup will include Ronnie, Eric, Neo, a couple of new guys who I am not familiar with. The following week will bring the return of Robert Balint and a Hungarian friend of his, along with Tino Lopez, Antonio and Vito.

This part of the review is very difficult for me to write. This week will be the last review I write on this website. It’s been a great 3 years and I’ve enjoyed my time here very much (thanks to Hooboy for his hard work over this time; thanks also to those of you who have filled in for me on occasion and have kept us all informed of what’s going on; and mostly thanks to all of you readers, without you, this site would not be the success it became). I’ve met a lot of great people (dancers and patrons) and I’ve enjoyed my moment in the sun. I have so many fond memories and have made some lasting friendships and I’m tremendously thankful for this. It’s time to move on. I will be exploring other options and will hopefully be returning to continue the saga on a different site before too long. I will definitely still be around the Gaiety and will always be available to respond to emails (nyobsrvr@aol.com) . I expect that I will continue to contribute to the Message Center on an irregular basis.

I wish all of you a very happy and healthy holiday season. Please feel free to continue corresponding with me. I hope that I will be gone but not forgotten.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Hugs,

NYO

Archived