Day Workers III

Charlie
This topic is 6653 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Sunday Desert Sun today had a long article about gays picking up day laborers in L.A. for sex rather than plastering. It talked specifically about the intersection of Kester and Oxnard in Van Nuys, where workers with different construction skills congregate on the four corners, and gay men often cruise by late in the day and proposition those who have failed to get work and are desperate to make some money. The article also mentions a "web site used by gay and bisexual men in search of sex" on which posters discuss the subject. Hmmm...

I've been tempted more than once, but not at that intersection.

At Falbrook & Ventura Blvd. in West Hills there's routinely a huge crowd of latino day workers milling around when I'm headed to my Dr. for my monthly bloodletting. They're always gone two hours later, so maybe it's just a big bus stop. But some of the guys are clealy looking to be picked up. (And the younger ones routinely know exactly what they've got and offer it up.)

They're gone by 10am, but it's a good show while it's there. ;-)

Last month I had to go to the Cablevision office to exchange my defective cable modem.Its located in a shopping center with a Home Depot.I went early around 9am.It's been about a year since I was last there.I was astonished to see what I estimated to be over 200 latino men looking for work.They were standing in groups of 5 to 10 men just about everywhere in the parking lot.There were alot of very hot young men among them.What i found a little interesting was that there were several young ones standing off in discrete areas all by themselves.I wonder....

It seems like the same sort of anti-gay, anti-sex journalism you used to see when a reporter would run a sensationalistic story on the latest public sex arrest.

"Oh my G*d! Men are actually having sex in park restrooms! News at 11!"

...Hoover

Archived