San Diego

Guest zoom
This topic is 7604 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

i will be down in san diego in a few weeks first time in a year and wondering if those cute mexican boys or any cute guys still work in balboa park? if not can you suggest for me the new area for street hustlers, also what are the best times and days they can be found?

• 3 months later...
Guest Utopia

I appreciate you posting this information Bill. The park has been pretty much a dead spot for many years. I might check it out tomorrow afternoon and see if there might be a little life coming back. Were you by the fruit loop area or were these guys in a different part of the park?

It was the fruit loop -- in the grassy area between the roads and in the parking area at the south-western end of the loop. I took the advice on a previous thread to go between 3 and 6 pm (if I went again, I'd go closer to the 3pm time rather than the 5pm time I went last week -- just a hunch). Some guys were very eager/forward (jumped up from where they were sitting, made direct eye contact and nodded their heads as I slowly drove by) while others seemed to want to be approached. I got out of my car and walked around, and none of the guys approached me unless I made clear eye contact with them or said something to them (a lot of guys think I'm a cop, so that may have caused these guys to be a little causious). Lots of car activity in the parking area on the eastern (lower) side of the loop -- being a novice at this, I couldn't quite figure out what was going on -- cars would drive up and park, but I didn't see a lot of interaction between the drivers, the guys in the park or the other drivers (some guys just seemed to sit in their cars for a while -- don't know if those were more working boys, but my immediate thought was that they weren't). Looking forward to your report if you go by.

Guest Utopia

Thanks for the additional information. I grew up in San Diego and there is this entire sub-culture around the park. It takes a few regular visits to get the hang of it. The park is even seperated between a family area,the gay area and the cruisinf area. My plans changed slightly, I will be there next weekend instead of today (Sunday). I will be certain to post an update when I return.

Can you post a map of the park with labels??? :-)

I knew the park's reputation and drove around in it a bit last time I was down there, came across this area with a whole bunch of almost naked guys laying around, tanning, many couples, but there didn't seem to be any cruising nor anything for sale... I was confused. :)

Here are the directions I followed (from a previous thread):

"Enter the Park at 6th and UPAS streets. Follow the drive through the third stop sign abd there you are...the froot loop! Ley your Gaydar do the rest."

Take a look at a map of the park (on most maps covering down-town San Diego). Enter the western section of the park along 6th Street and turn south (right) at the first opportunity. There will be grassy/picnic-type areas on both sides of you. Follow the road down to its end, and it will circle back around -- this circle is the so-called "fruit loop". If in doubt, drive slowly, look to your left, and the boys will more than likely make it very clear if you are in the right place.

Guest Utopia

Just to add and maybe clarify Uncle Bills diretions not to overshadow his good advice. If you're headed down from Los Angeles

5 South to 805 south to 163 south exit university

continue south on on 6th crossing university past robinson and even past upas

turn left on laurel then your first right. the crusing used to begin there about 30 yeards in frot of you is a stop sign that is jupiter, you can only turn right and that takes you back to 6th or go straight and now you are on the fruit loop.

it is named that way because it is a loop with no exits. you willnotice marsden point to your upper right just before you head to the down side of the loop. a lot of cars park up there a few guys working .. and way too many vice officers up there. as you come around the down side f the loop this is the area where most of the crusing used to be. mostly on the center grassy island to your left now .. you will also see many guys just laying out in the sun, some guys washing their cars and some guys looking for park sex.

As Uncle Bill noted many of the working guys will make eye contact with you. Bes to stay in your car even during the day time. Theis is a pretty high crime area and a fair amount of drug sales happen here as well. Too many people of been murdered in this area of the park most in broad daylight.

There is a sub-culture within the park. If you don't feel comfortable about someone move on quickly, don't hang around to find out you might be right.

Don't mean to scare you off just want you to have fun cruising. I am headed down there thi weekend and will post an update on my experiences, hopefully some of the hot latino guys are back.

Archived