Exotica Part II

Axiom2001
This topic is 7962 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

...decided to check out the other pages yesterday and encountered Les's thread regarding tours while in Brazil. ...read everything that he wrote. ...even copied the 800 telephone number although there tended to be a missing digit. A few days ago I received lonely planet's copy of BRAZIL. The material in it as well as what's on this site will keep me busy reading, etc. for a while, BUT I'D LIKE to KNOW from you guys who have been to the country and to the three cities where I plan to travel: Rio, Sao Paulo, and Salvador, Bahia-- what are the MUST SEE's as well as experience excluding the beach scene, saunas, etc. I want to take some tours in all three places and will have decided by the time of my first journey, but I'd like to hear from you. (I've tremendously appreciated EVERYONE's take or input on the various threads and topics and overall responses. Would you please comply and respond to my question? "Thanks a bunch!"

Guest Ernani

Well, I give tour guides in my spare time in Rio. I'm very good at it (see my reviews # 1, 2 and 3) and you can contact me for more details, before coming here.

Just let me know if you want the Classical tour, the nasty one, the alternative (wich I like best), etc...:9

I think a couple of other contributors mentioned some highlights of their trips in recent threads, so you might want to browse around to see what they liked. To be honest, I'm reluctant to go into competition with Lonely Planet and the other guides. They're very descriptive and complete about what there is to see and do; not knowing your particular tastes and enthusiasms makes it hard to recommend specific things. After all, some people would make a bee-line to the Carmen Miranda Museum for the gowns and the jewels. Others would head straight for the baroque churches. Someone else might be more fascinated by the scenery, or the shopping, or the samba schools. You know your tastes best, so just decide what appeals to you most from the general purpose guide books and go for it!!!

Ernani, I do plan to contact you, as we've already communicated.

We can talk when I see you in September, for all THREE tours interest me! Thanks for responding.

Tri, your advice has helped greatly; ever since I came to this website and have read what you have written, I've respected everything that you have "coined"!:-) Many thanks....!!!!!!

Guest tighthole

Ernani,

What do your three tours (classic, nasty, alternative) cover? I've been to Rio and have probably seen most of the sites covered in the classic tour, but what exactly are the nasty and alternative tours? Thanks.

th

Guest Ernani

Ernani tour guide

Answering your questions:

I can offer the classical tour of the city, like Christ / Sugar Loaf / beaches, so you can have a general view of the city - and know why they say it's the most beautiful city in the world.

Also, you can experience the cultural tour, going to museums, parks, the historical and old downtown, besides Brazilian music presentation, etc...

If you prefer something less structured, I can help you shop, take you to cool restaurants, fashionable and / or alternative shops and help with the red tape of burocracy

An for your demented side: I can take you to visit some nasty places, like beautiful parks and see more than vegetation and animals around. Cinemas and public places are included in this non-touristic tour

Besides the tour themselves, I can help you with other things that will make sure you have a good stay in Rio. Other advices on what to do, and in particular, how to behave so not to be a living bait to wrong doers here, rent cell phones, good gyms, etc....

My contact number in 9315-4904

55 = Brazil code

21 = Rio code

Anything else you want to know ?

Guest Ernani

RE: Ernani tour guide

Expensive ? Well, You get what you pay for.

My rates are negotiable and no one have complained about that.

Surely, it's different from the regular tours: more personal, more adventures and you may see more in less time, depending on what you want.

But, this is a subject to be discussed by e-mail

taitai@vialink.com.br

Don't you agree ? :7

I had a lovely, private half-day tour of Salvador with a Brazilian woman named Ana Cristina. Her cell phone is 55- (Brazil) 71- (Salvador) 9972-3886. Her English is excellent.

The best meal I had in two weeks in Brazil was in Salvador. The restaurant is called Maria Mata Mouro, Rua Inâcio Acioly, 8 in the old city. It is near the São Francisco Church. It is not typical Brazilian, just fine dining.

Dick

>I had a lovely, private half-day tour of Salvador with a

>Brazilian woman named Ana Cristina. Her cell phone is 55-

>(Brazil) 71- (Salvador) 9972-3886. Her English is excellent.

>

>The best meal I had in two weeks in Brazil was in Salvador.

>The restaurant is called Maria Mata Mouro, Rua Inâcio

>Acioly, 8 in the old city. It is near the São Francisco

>Church. It is not typical Brazilian, just fine dining.

>

>Dick

Dick - If you're telling me that the experience in this restaurant is better than we had at the Sequoria Grille, I AM impressed. For Axiom and all you other Rio travellers, this restaurant is sensational. It is a buffet like none I've experienced with super quality in every department including an impressive Sushi bar. You can eat wonderfully and differently every night and get out for $5 or $6 per person. It's located on Sequoria Campos (yes, the Roger's Termas access street) but only about half a block off Atlantica four or five blocks south of the Copacabana Palace.

Archived