HELP !!! From the Feline owners is requested!!!

Guest jc92103
This topic is 8254 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jc92103

I would think that there is a cat owner or two among this crowd. I have a new problem with my girls that is very disturbing. For years they have co existed peacefully and utilized the litter box with no problems. Recently, one of the little pussys has decided to shit in the corner and urinate in my BED!!!! Please offer any suggestions on how to put an immediate end to this problem. I can tolerate alot...but not cat pee in the bed! I washed the area and turned the mattress. To discourage them I have laid sheets of tin foil over the bed. HELP HELP HELP!!!

Please guys, as funny as this sounds it is actually a crisis in my house. Refrain from the dead cat jokes...I've heard them all. I'm looking for some serious advice here. Thanks.

I have two, but they're both boys. (Or used to be.)

What has changed in the environment? New rug? New chair? New chafing dish? Are you on a new schedule? SOMETHING had to change to trigger this. Cats are such creatures of habit they wouldn't just wake up and change.

Consult your vet. There may be a medical explanation.

If aluminum foil on the bed doesn't work, I have a friend who put armed mousetraps under a layer of newspaper under the foil. That seemed to work.

And you'll probably, eventually, have to replace the mattress. Once peed on it's forever a target.

If they've been good to date, I'd bet this is medical.

Guest jc92103

One is 10 years old, the other is 5. I'm not even sure which one is doing it. Nothing has changed...that is why I'm so shocked! Looks like its off to the vet. Thanks for the advice.

Older cats often get UTI's (urinary tract infections). While you may not be able to check, traces of blood in the urine would indicate an UTI. Cats will urinate in very visable, improper places to get attention.

Sounds medical to me, too, and the finger points at that 10-year-old. Cats with any kind of urinary tract problem will act like that; partly, I think, because it so upsets them that they forget their manners. In this case, it also sounds like a signal. Peeing on the bed is either a turf-war tactic, which doesn't sound right in this instance, or it's an attempt to get attention from somebody too stupid to be able to speak Cat. Let us know how she's doing!

Guest need2Btopped

Get a gallon jug of Nature's Miracle from the pet store and repeatedly SOAK the spot in the mattress.

One of mine just started pissing outside of the box -- on the new carpet! Checked with the vet, but no physical problem. Vet suggested that geriatric cats' piss gets more concentrated, and hence more pungent, with age. Said that even though I was cleaning the box as often as ever, that maybe it wasn't often enough and the cats had started to reject the box. So I splurged on one of those automatic litter boxes ($200 +), and so far no more problems (though the cats are being kept away from the room with the new carpet).

Guest TruthTeller

>I would think that there is

>Recently, one of the little

>pussys has decided to shit

>in the corner and urinate

>in my BED!!!! Please offer

>any suggestions on how to

>put an immediate end to

>this problem.

I think the problem is that you're being too closed-minded and puritanical. People can learn to live with, and even like, all sorts of things. I think if you tried just a little bit, you could learn to like cat pee, develop a fetish for it, even come to *crave* it.

If you really want large vet bills, anger and frustration, and growing tension between you and your pets, then keep on your current path. But if you want to really improve things, I suggest changing yourself and what you like. Come to think of it as a sign of intimacy and even arousal that your cat loves you so much that she wants to share *everything* with you, especially in your own bed. That's hot.

Guest TruthTeller

>I have a cat, but it's

>really big and has spots

>and is nailed to the

>wall. I probably can't

>be of any help in

>this situation.

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you gave him exactly the suggestion that he needs to solve the problem.

Guest jc92103

Thanks to everyone ( except Mr. TT ) for your suggestions. It has been a difficult time for me. Only Gay men can understand the bond we have with our kitty babies. I think I have found the problem though. The vacuum cleaner is the biggest fear of these cats who have never been outdoors. I moved the vacuum into the utility closet where the litter box is located. I discovered that they have to actually squeeze by the vacuum to reach the litterbox! They are scared to death of that big red monster! Hopefully, the crisis is over...will keep you posted. Thanks again. By the way...quality sleep therapy mattress for sale...cheap!

Guest WetDream

I'll bet the vacuum cleaner is the answer. Also, have you changed the brand of kitty litter you are using? This happened to me once and pissing problems stopped as soon as I switched back. The vet is the person to go to if this problem persists. Cats! Can't live with them can't live without them.

The vacuum cleaner sounds plausible. It's funny what will affect pets.

My aunt once adopted a foundling dog. It had many problems, and clearly came from an abusive environment. Jingle car keys and that little miniature poodle would attack.

He used to pee in a specific corner instead of asking to go outside. It was always in the same corner.

He, too, was petrified of the vacuum cleaner. So my aunt took to parking the vacuum in the corner the dog peed in.

End of problem. He started asking to go outside instead.

The dog ended up living a long and happy life and turned into a real sweetheart. But he never got over his thing for keys.

I have always found my dog more unpredictable than my cat, but occasionally the latter will surprise me. Several weeks ago our 11 year old cat pissed on my partner's bed for no reason we could figure out (no special trauma while we were around, no evidence of a medical problem), but he hasn't repeated the behavior. My only advice is not to buy new bedding and mattress until you're sure this isn't a new pattern.

I REALLY know what you are going through. I have a 4 year old female, long haired calico who will use the litter box EXCEPT for her first pee of the morning. This one will be done on the carpet. Now, she is locked in the basement each night. I do not let her up until I'm sure that she has urinated in her litter. I can't imagine the smell of piss in either bedding or clothing. It is just so hard to get rid of in carperting. I even bought a black light which shows no traces of urine. MOST of the products just mask the odor so it smells like your cat took a piss on the Christmas tree instead of on the carpet. I bought some stuff over the internet which was kind of like a sand that had to be mixed with hot water. This was the best. I do have Nature's Miracle, but THANK GOD I haven't had to use it yet. I've also heard to keep them away from sea food--if you are feeding her wet food. I wish you the BEST of luck.

Archived