Televisual Treats

Guest biga
This topic is 8272 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Morning all,an easy one for you all too mull over your 1st coffee of the morning ,what is the tv show past OR present which was or is a MUST see.

My all time favourite US show is Roseanne and current fave is The West Wing both have brilliant scripts and superb cast and something sadly missing from a lot of tv here in the UK,Quality Cheers Andy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all,an easy one for you all too mull over your 1st coffee of the morning ,what is the tv show past OR present which was or is a MUST see.

My all time favourite US show is Roseanne and current fave is The West Wing both have brilliant scripts and superb cast and something sadly missing from a lot of tv here in the UK,Quality Cheers Andy

I really like those emerging cable shows like "Six Feet Under", "Oz", and "Queer as Folk".

As far as non-cable shows, nothing can beat "I Love Lucy" or any of the Norman Lear sitcoms. I especially liked the way Archie Bunker raised on level of conciousness with his reaction to gays.

I really like those emerging cable shows like "Six Feet Under", "Oz", and "Queer as Folk".

As far as non-cable shows, nothing can beat "I Love Lucy" or any of the Norman Lear sitcoms. I especially liked the way Archie Bunker raised on level of conciousness with his reaction to gays.

I can't really point to a single favorite, or any single show that I build my schedule around. I just don't watch that much television.

I won't miss an episode of Queer as Folk or Six Feet Under, though. I tape them for watching at my leisure. When I happen to catch it, I find West Wing absolutely riveting.

The most common complaint I hear about cable TV in the US is "hundreds of channels and nothing to watch", and it's all too true.

I can't really point to a single favorite, or any single show that I build my schedule around. I just don't watch that much television.

I won't miss an episode of Queer as Folk or Six Feet Under, though. I tape them for watching at my leisure. When I happen to catch it, I find West Wing absolutely riveting.

The most common complaint I hear about cable TV in the US is "hundreds of channels and nothing to watch", and it's all too true.

Guest Kevin 2

OK Heres my list..

1) Queer as Folk

2) Six Feet Under

3) Sex and the City

4) Will and Grace

5) Any show having reference to sex can't you tell?? LOL

Guest Kevin 2

OK Heres my list..

1) Queer as Folk

2) Six Feet Under

3) Sex and the City

4) Will and Grace

5) Any show having reference to sex can't you tell?? LOL

Guest VanBCGuy

Hmm... My list would look alot like Kevin 2s! Just scratch Will and Grace and add Prime Suspect.

Showcase in Canada (like Showtime in the US) is getting more and more of my attention. I won't miss Six Feet Under.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't watch much network television anymore, its more what I can get on cable. Overall, there is more to watch than five years ago. Even so, television will never replace books, live theatre or the cinema for me.

One other show I would mention, that is only on the CBC in Canada is called "This Hour has 22 Minutes" -brilliant satire - not to mention the "Talking to Americans" sketch. Anyone south og the 49th seen this?

Guest VanBCGuy

Hmm... My list would look alot like Kevin 2s! Just scratch Will and Grace and add Prime Suspect.

Showcase in Canada (like Showtime in the US) is getting more and more of my attention. I won't miss Six Feet Under.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't watch much network television anymore, its more what I can get on cable. Overall, there is more to watch than five years ago. Even so, television will never replace books, live theatre or the cinema for me.

One other show I would mention, that is only on the CBC in Canada is called "This Hour has 22 Minutes" -brilliant satire - not to mention the "Talking to Americans" sketch. Anyone south og the 49th seen this?

Since all of us have lived with the original or reruns of "I Love

Lucy," we sometimes forget how brillant Lucille Ball was. She

was TVs first giant, break out super star. When you watch the reruns closely, you can see why.

Since all of us have lived with the original or reruns of "I Love

Lucy," we sometimes forget how brillant Lucille Ball was. She

was TVs first giant, break out super star. When you watch the reruns closely, you can see why.

>...we sometimes forget how brillant Lucille Ball was. She

>was TVs first giant, break out super star.

She and her husband pioneered the use of three cameras to film sitcoms. She was much more than just a funny person and I'm glad others recognize her talents.

>...we sometimes forget how brillant Lucille Ball was. She

>was TVs first giant, break out super star.

She and her husband pioneered the use of three cameras to film sitcoms. She was much more than just a funny person and I'm glad others recognize her talents.

Guest Joey Ciccone

>I'm out of the loop on this one -- haven't had a tv set sinced 1959.<

Wet, that's so good to hear. I did away with the plug in drug myself a few years ago. I still have a set that I use as a monitor for the VCR, but I find myself to be far more productive without recieving a braodcast signal. Still, television is so ubiquitous it's impossible to avoid altogether (especially for those who seem to spend half their lives in hotel rooms.) Over the years I've been slave to shitloads of programming. Some favorites include:

Mr. Show with Bob and Dave

The Larry Sanders Show

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Kids in the Hall

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Inside the Actors Studio

Get Smart

Law and Order (the Noth-Orbach years)

Outer Limits

James Burkes' Connections

Wild Wild West

The Simpsons (of the early nineties)