Beach / Florida short vacation

Hi. It has been many years since I went to the beach. Now my current BF and I are looking to go. We are concentrating on Florida. Any thoughts on a gay couple going to Pensacola, Amelia Island, or other Florida beaches? Any thoughts on quiet adults only beach resorts perhaps in Ft Laudable or the Keys?

thanks!

any of those areas in Florida are fine as a gay couple.  the question is what else are you looking for in the environment ? the Florida keys aren’t known for the beaches.  Pensacola & Amelia Island tend to draw more redneck types.  Miami & Ft Lauderdale if you don’t mind an urban beach & want more gay specific options.  The Florida beaches become much more tropical looking south of West Palm Beach w coconut palms & different foliage. 
Ft Lauderdale probably best overall and easy access to a major airport w good connections 

Thanks. Just looking for a quiet place to sit on the beach and read or watch the world by. 

I was in Pensacola years ago for a wedding and thought the beach nice. Rednecks don’t bother me normally.

Any hotel recommendations in Ft Lauderdale? The Grand Pelican seems like a nice resort but maybe there’s a smaller nicer place?

Plunge Beach Resort in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea has several buildings, one is called the bungalows. The bungalows are adults only with a separate pool and right on the beach. (Not a clothing optional area, just peace & quiet with no one under 18 running around.)

A short 1/2 mile walk is the village with many bars and restaurants, live outdoor music, shops, and lots of people watching. The bungalows are really just a variety of rooms in two buildings, some rooms are small, some have kitchens, some are suites with separate bedrooms and living rooms. Bikes, beach chairs & umbrellas are included in the resort fee. There is a bar in the main building and a beach bar next to the bungalows and the main pool. I like the quiet of the bungalow pool where no one under 18 is allowed.

And if you're interested, it's only about 15 minutes to Johnsons and other clubs (and restaurants) in Wilton Manors.

Clearwater and St Petersburg are nice beaches and also close to Tampa Airport. The county south of Pinellas County is Manatee and the beach on the north end of that Barrier Island is Holmes Beach and I believe that will probably be a quiet place if that is your desire. Enjoy your visit and plan it soon as later in the Summer the tropics get boiling with possible hurricane trouble. I grew up in Miami and it holds a special place in my heart, but the modern Miami Beach is almost just a little over the top for me.

If you're willing to travel all the way to the Keys, I highly recommend the Bungalows at Key Largo. This adults-only, all-inclusive resort offers an exceptional experience. While I usually don't favor all-inclusive resorts, this one truly stands out. The amenities, service, and atmosphere are top-notch, making it an excellent choice for a relaxing beach getaway.

I think I’ll price the Mariott in Key West. I think it has a beach unlike most hotels there. I’ll price the Resort on Longboat Key as well as the Westin, Largo Mar, and Pelican in Ft Lauderdale.

I’d like to be slightly more adventurous but for a 4 or 5 night trip I think these would work. It also seems that most of the resorts in the other Keys don’t have a beach.