411 MuskyMasseur NYC

panpanda

3 hours ago, sniper said:

I find people describing themselves as "musky" a turnoff. It suggests a lack of hygiene...

His ad includes "manscent" and "armpits," so I'm guessing that he is actually pushing those aspects for clients who might have a fetish for someone who smells "like a man" rather than deodorized or perfumed; in several of his photos he appears obviously sweaty. But you are correct that "musky" usually has a negative connotation (unclean and unaware of the fact), especially in Black society.

Edited by Charlie

26 minutes ago, Charlie said:

But you are correct that "musky" usually has a negative connotation (unclean and unaware of the fact), especially in Black society.

I don't know what Black society thinks. I'd be curious to know what Black members think. I've never met a grown man who isn't keenly aware of his body odor. I believe there used to be a men's cologne called Musk back in the day, maybe the 70's? It was cheap and awful. Personally, I don't equate the word musky with unclean. Five minutes after a shower and my pits stink, without doing anything. I've encountered a lot of men who seemed to love my "clean" pit scent, especially in my bathhouse days. I remember my gym days (pre-Covid), when you got some serious dose of varied body scents after workouts. Some men's scents were a challenge to stomach, while others were intoxicating, and would cause some stiff woodies. I find manscent a turn-on, and ask all my masseurs to work on me naked and raw. But the turn-on factor really does depend on the individual. When I saw this guy's photo, my mind went to some serious stink. But maybe he smells sexy as all hell, and he loves his scent and the reaction it gets from those with this fetish.

"Musky" can be an attractive or unattractive odor, depending on who is doing the smelling. One specific dictionary meaning is the smell of "unwashed human genitalia after sex." People sometimes fail to distinguish between "musky" and "musty," which usually refers to something that has become smelly from being left uncleaned for a long time.

It's a good thing to know this old brain is still functioning. It was called Jovan Musk,

WWW.FRAGRANTICA.COM

A blast from the past, this has always been in production since 1972. Elena Vosnaki has fond memories of its history, and you probably have some...

It's still being sold today, Musk at Walmart

11 hours ago, Charlie said:

"Musky" can be an attractive or unattractive odor

I think that could be said for all colognes or perfumes today.

11 hours ago, Charlie said:

"unwashed human genitalia after sex."

LOL. Imagine Calvin Klein Escape using that as their marketing tagline.

"Manscent" is a total turn off for me.

I remember in two occasions, one almost 40 years ago in Milan and one about 20 in Prague,  having invited a GORGEOUS man at my place, and when in bed the unpleasant surprise of a smelly crotch and pits. It was like watching and savoring  a delicious cake but finding a dead fly on it. :(🤢

4 hours ago, Italiano said:

I remember in two occasions, one almost 40 years ago in Milan and one about 20 in Prague,  having invited a GORGEOUS man at my place, and when in bed the unpleasant surprise of a smelly crotch and pits. It was like watching and savoring  a delicious cake but finding a dead fly on it. :(🤢

I'd bet that @Italianoalways smells fresh as a daisy from every orifice!  That's the way I like it.  

6 hours ago, Italiano said:

Same. I also find 99% of men’s feet gross. So ads that have guys feet or that pose where they’re smelling their own pits are an automatic “no.”

But I have a general aversion to strong scents of any kind. I don’t mind the slight scent most people have when recently showered but without deodorant. That’s usually how I prepare. But if I was going to be out and then meeting someone later I would put on deodorant. 

• 2 weeks later...