Visiting Barcelona/Madrid: better to do it in April or early June?

newdad

Planning a trip to Barcelona (especially Thermas) and Madrid just to see Spain (and maybe meet local boys too, and checkout spas/saunas/bathhouses). Which timeframe do you recommend?

35 minutes ago, newdad said:

Like warm good? or do you mean too hot kind of warm?

I was in Madrid last March and thought the temperature was perfect.  It was roughly 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit for a high falling to high 40s and low 50s at night.  Some friends went roughly six weeks later and one of them found the temperature then bordering on unbearable.  It’s at elevation and a more arid environment so it can be hot in the day and cooler at night.  I’d imagine summer temperatures are in the 80s.

Barcelona is farther south.and I’d imagine it’s even warmer although it’s on the Mediterranean.

In Madrid, it can be very hot in June, but the humidity is quite low:

Afternoon high temperatures tend to average near 78-79 F early in June, warming to 84-86 F near the end of the month.

About 6 days will record highs at or above 90 F with 1-2 afternoons, especially later in the month, reaching up near 95 F. 

The record high temperature in Madrid during June is 105.3 F.

In Barcelona, it's typically cooler in June, but the humidity is quite a bit higher because it's on the sea:

Daytime high temperatures increase from about 73-74 F early in the month to nearly 78-79 F by the end of the month. 

A few of the warmer afternoons, especially near the end of the month, can reach up to near 84 F. 

The record high temperature in Barcelona during June is 90 F.  

Edited by Marc in Calif

• 1 month later...

ive been doing spain for more than a decade, always arriving in late june ... only one year did we encounter horribly warm weather ... in fact, during the first few weeks of july we routinely find nighttime lows in the 60s (it was 58 when i walked out for a taxi to the airport early on an august morning) ... madrid rarely endures humidity so even warm days are more than tolerable ... barcelona, located on the ocean is more humid ... april and may will be just fine

On 4/22/2024 at 8:29 PM, newdad said:

Otherwise, Sauna Paraiso (my favorite) 

Yet you never reported about Sauna Paraiso. 

You keep asking members for recommendations, but you're pretty stingy with providing your own information.  😒

I'm happy to quote you even though you won't be able to respond. 😘

Edited by Marc in Calif

On 4/24/2024 at 5:35 PM, BonVivant said:

June has the beach also. 

yes, the beaches are really nice. Plan for Sitges when you can and go to the nude beach part of Sitges.

Also, other times can maybe work too. I was there in early April, and i had a grand time with them beaches.