Limb-Lengthening Surgery - Go or No-Go?

MysticMenace

Go or No-Go?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. If you were given the option to have it, would you go through the surgery?

• Yes
    • Maybe - if there's a way to limit the pain and reduce the risk
    • No - the risk outweighs the reward
    • No - I am tall enough
    • No - I already love my height as is.

On 2/26/2024 at 2:39 PM, Luv2play said:

It might have been the average but in those days the average person was poorly nourished, hence the Revolution. The aristocracy tended to be taller. The beheaded king, Louis XVI, was 6’1” before he lost his head. 
The Duke of Wellington, who defeated Napoleon, was 5’9”, not that tall but taller than the average Englishman. 
On the other side of the ocean, Sir Isaac Brock, the fallen hero of the defenders of Canada against the US in the War of 1812, was 6’2”. It made him a big target on the battlefield in his colourful jacket. And a bullet pierced that jacket, in the heart. 

Indeed, Napoleon was indeed of average height, it is was the British illustrated nerwspapers of the time that protrayed him as small (and as we all know "to the victor belongs the spoils")

On 2/25/2024 at 9:49 AM, purplekow said:

This surgery was awhile back very popular in China.  I believe 60 minutes or one such show did a report on it.  Mostly it was being done by people who had been passed over for promotion and who felt they had the qualifications but not the height.  Perhaps a misconception on their part or the reality that taller people and also better looking people get promotions faster than others.

It has become a thing recently - articles all over about it, personal accounts, etc.  There have been several threads on Quora.  One guy, who was very satisfied with his outcome, said that the pain and the difficulty of the recovery are vastly exaggerated by the media.