Woman suing Hershey over Chocolate Pumpkins

BuffaloKyle

WWW.CNN.COM

Cynthia Kelly thought she was buying Halloween-themed Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins with a “cute” carving of a pumpkin’s mouth and eyes, as pictured on...

You know I get these from people every year and I always think the same thing. Why is it a solid chocolate shell with no little cutouts of the eyes and mouths. I want 💰 too!

All the candy maker needs are those two magical words seen on practically every food package cover or menu with an image of their product - Serving Suggestion. It's the get-out-of-jail-free card for culinary misrepresentation.

I once noticed these words on a box containing a frozen Sara Lee cheesecake, and next to the words Serves Six. Assessing the smallish size of the box, my immediate thought was "Who are these six skinny people? I'm going to eat the whole thing by myself while watching a half-hour TV show. 'Serves Six,' my ass!"

Edited by wsc

11 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

The package says Pumpkin, not Jack-O-Lantern.  She should have looked for the package that said Jack-O-Lantern of that's what she wanted.

You drive a hard bargain.  The Hershey defense could probably make use of your observation/analysis.   👏

On most food packaging, food commercials, food ads there's "food suggestion" of "serving suggestion" or something like "food in package could be different from food in picture". There's a supermarket that explained they use the ugly apples to make apple juice but on the package there's only perfect apples. How much text has to be added to satisfy these Karens?

Imaging providers have to add text to their pics "serving suggestion", "during summer tan lines could be different as shown in the picture"...

Edited by Thomas_Belgium