THE PATIENTS OF DR GARCIA

Rudynate

9 hours ago, Rudynate said:

We just started watching this on Neflix. It's very good - definitely worth watching.  I have a real thing for steamy Spanish leading men and this show doesn't disappoint - Javier Ray and Tamar Novas are both stunning and great actors.

I wrote a post recommending The Patients of Dr. García in another thread.  I'm glad that others are discovering the series because it's well worth watching.

I've been a big Javier Rey fan for years.  Any role he plays, he completely transforms into the character.  Honestly, in the other series/movies where I've seen Tamar Novas, he mostly stands around and looks pretty.  But he really rose to the occasion in Dr. García.  I was glad to see him hold his own against an actor of Javier Rey's caliber.

Like I said in the Netflix thread, you might need some patience to get through the first 4 episodes because they're more of a history lesson.  But when the storyline kicks into gear in Ep 5, it's a heckuva good story.

12 hours ago, BSR said:

I wrote a post recommending The Patients of Dr. García in another thread.  I'm glad that others are discovering the series because it's well worth watching.

I've been a big Javier Rey fan for years.  Any role he plays, he completely transforms into the character.  Honestly, in the other series/movies where I've seen Tamar Novas, he mostly stands around and looks pretty.  But he really rose to the occasion in Dr. García.  I was glad to see him hold his own against an actor of Javier Rey's caliber.

Like I said in the Netflix thread, you might need some patience to get through the first 4 episodes because they're more of a history lesson.  But when the storyline kicks into gear in Ep 5, it's a heckuva good story.

I liked the history lesson - I have never known much about the Spanish Civil War.

14 hours ago, BSR said:

I should have recognized Javier Ray - he was Mateo in Velvet - a very lovable, very complicated character.