General thoughts on "Company of Men"

ICTJOCK

So I have been a member of this site for 3 months now.    I believe some thoughts,  ideas and feedback are in order.

When I first arrived here,  I wasn't sure what the site really was.   When I discovered the forums,  it really is much like the fitness site  "Realjock", where I have been a member for years.

I was intrigued and to be honest,  quite fascinated something like this even existed.    Very positive initial impression.    Now on my 3 month anniversary,  there are a few of my thoughts:

1.  SITE AMONG THE BEST AND WELL RUN:    My initial impression was correct.   I like the site,  most of the discussions and dialogue.   I appreciate the moderators (and approach taken).  Never have seen moderators in action before.    Some of the extras,   the "points"  the categories are kind of interesting.     I'm still waiting for my Christmas gift for all the participation....jk.

2.   MEMBERS LARGELY FRIENDLY,  OUTGOING AND ACCEPTING:    There are really good men here.   Sure,   I heard initially there would be a few exceptions  (and I've now seen that in action).   A number have reached out to me,  welcomed me and have been very supportive and friendly.    Those very few that are petty,  are largely ignored and ultimately blocked if warranted.     I'm someone who wants to learn from those you respect and appreciate.   That is by far the majority here.

3.  DIVERSE FORUM DISCUSSION:   I'm an educated professional person.   I really like being able to discuss  "shop talk"  conversation,  but also engage those who talk about legal issues,  finance and a whole host of other things,  including various parks and museums.     There are things discussed that are new to me as well.    You never know what you'll find.

This was indeed the "gem"  here.    I never would have guessed.

4:  TO THOSE WHO RUN AND MODERATE THE SITE:   Just know the larger picture.   You have provided a place for men to come and share,  to feel involved and learn.   Those who have been members for years  clearly show they have a stake in the site,  the quality of association and participation.    Friendships,  mentoring,  so many things happen here every day.   Just know I'm pleased to be associated and I look forward to gaining more insight as time goes on.   I'm an optimist by nature and generally run my life in a positive way.   This site seems to follow the same basic principles.

Thank you for all your work,  time and effort.   You definitely get an "A".   

Edited by ICTJOCK

On 11/5/2023 at 11:02 AM, ICTJOCK said:

So I have been a member of this site for 3 months now.    I believe some thoughts,  ideas and feedback are in order.

When I first arrived here,  I wasn't sure what the site really was.   When I discovered the forums,  it really is much like the fitness site  "Realjock", where I have been a member for years.

I was intrigued and to be honest,  quite fascinated something like this even existed.    Very positive initial impression.    Now on my 3 month anniversary,  there are a few of my thoughts:

1.  SITE AMONG THE BEST AND WELL RUN:    My initial impression was correct.   I like the site,  most of the discussions and dialogue.   I appreciate the moderators (and approach taken).  Never have seen moderators in action before.    Some of the extras,   the "points"  the categories are kind of interesting.     I'm still waiting for my Christmas gift for all the participation....jk.

2.   MEMBERS LARGELY FRIENDLY,  OUTGOING AND ACCEPTING:    There are really good men here.   Sure,   I heard initially there would be a few exceptions  (and I've now seen that in action).   A number have reached out to me,  welcomed me and have been very supportive and friendly.    Those very few that are petty,  are largely ignored and ultimately blocked if warranted.     I'm someone who wants to learn from those you respect and appreciate.   That is by far the majority here.

3.  DIVERSE FORUM DISCUSSION:   I'm an educated professional person.   I really like being able to discuss  "shop talk"  conversation,  but also engage those who talk about legal issues,  finance and a whole host of other things,  including various parks and museums.     There are things discussed that are new to me as well.    You never know what you'll find.

This was indeed the "gem"  here.    I never would have guessed.

4:  TO THOSE WHO RUN AND MODERATE THE SITE:   Just know the larger picture.   You have provided a place for men to come and share,  to feel involved and learn.   Those who have been members for years  clearly show they have a stake in the site,  the quality of association and participation.    Friendships,  mentoring,  so many things happen here every day.   Just know I'm pleased to be associated and I look forward to gaining more insight as time goes on.   I'm an optimist by nature and generally run my life in a positive way.   This site seems to follow the same basic principles.

Thank you for all your work,  time and effort.   You definitely get an "A".   

This is really thoughtful feedback.  It reminds me to give a huge shoutout of THANKS to the team who keep this site up and running, and the community who keep it thriving! 

ICTJOCK, it was just over 2 years ago that this site and this community almost perished after the loss of Daddy/Guy Fawkes (see In Memory Of... - The Company of Men).  When Daddy passed, he left no will, no succession plan, and only he had the "keys" to this site.   A committed and creative group of his (mostly straight) friends access his apartment and salvaged the code to this site, a volunteer (me) posted a gofundme to raise $11k to support transition costs, the moderators - our heroes - have given boatloads of their time to keep this community alive!  And @RadioRob is our technical ninja and genius!   It is a diverse, thoughtful and robust community.   Welcome to the community, and thanks for recognizing...and contributing to it!

@ICTJOCK

• 14 minutes ago, JEC said:

This is really thoughtful feedback.  It reminds me to give a huge shoutout of THANKS to the team who keep this site up and running, and the community who keep it thriving! 

ICTJOCK, it was just over 2 years ago that this site and this community almost perished after the loss of Daddy/Guy Fawkes (see In Memory Of... - The Company of Men).  When Daddy passed, he left no will, no succession plan, and only he had the "keys" to this site.   A committed and creative group of his (mostly straight) friends access his apartment and salvaged the code to this site, a volunteer (me) posted a gofundme to raise $11k to support transition costs, the moderators - our heroes - have given boatloads of their time to keep this community alive!  And @RadioRob is our technical ninja and genius!   It is a diverse, thoughtful and robust community.   Welcome to the community, and thanks for recognizing...and contributing to it!

@ICTJOCK

Of course,  I just felt the need to comment.    I had heard about some of the struggles.   So glad you were able to be successful and the site now lives on!

• I look forward to contribute in a significant way and be helpful!

14 minutes ago, JEC said:

@ICTJOCK