Am I the odd one out? Gay Hard Rock and Metal fan

StefonNYC

So I'm actually pretty open with my music taste. I used to be a college DJ and eventually became the music producer then station manager of the station. I listen to pretty much anything. Dua Lipa, The Beatles, Gaga, Frank Sinatra, Cher etc. And pretty much any other old school rock or the usual music gay men tend to gravitate towards.

But I've been curious how many are like me and also enjoy the Hard Rock and Metal scene. And I'm not talking about just Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Judas Priest and Led Zeppelin. I'm talking about Lamb of God, Slayer, Jinjer, Faith No More, Nine Inch Nails (all time favorite artist) and the likes.

Before coming out, this was the music I gravitated towards. I've been to an absurd amount of live shows for all the listed artists and more. I believe it's something like 250 shows between 2009 and early 2020. Only been to a few since the pandemic ended, but still trying to go to some. And I've been to about 10 festivals for this style of music. I've even followed some of my favorites and influences (I do play multiple different instruments myself and write as well) when they go in tour. Followed Slipknot for 5 shows, Gojira for 8 or 9 shows and Nine Inch Nails for 3 shows.

So am I the lone gay man that likes this music or are there more of us out there?

1 hour ago, StefonNYC said:

So am I the lone gay man that likes this music or are there more of us out there?

Probably.

Although I knew a few metal-heads who sucked dick, I don't recall ever meeting one who openly identified as gay.

Sort of like the "Professional" Wrestling WWF guys. Lots of dick suckers...but no actual gays.

american 90s GIF

Well I am a 70's/80's hard rock fan.  Still going to shows of Aerosmith, Kiss, Alice Cooper, etc.  Have seen every big rock act over the years: The Who, Zeppelin, Stones, Yes, Frampton, Seager, Van Halen, Iggy Pop, Jethro Tull, ACDC, Elton John...the list goes on and on.  I also had a Punk Rock/New Wave phase in the 80's.  That was huge fun.  

To be honest, I like almost every genre of music out there.  Just saw Gaga in Vegas on Wednesday night: Superb!  The only music I really don't like is country.  Some crossover country rock or pop is tolerable...but the majority of core country music it is just crap.  Most of the songs sound the same to me:  Twang twang twang.

My message to the OP is enjoy your rock and metal!!

On 10/6/2023 at 2:51 PM, StefonNYC said:

So I'm actually pretty open with my music taste.

On 10/6/2023 at 7:25 PM, EZEtoGRU said:

Well I am a 70's/80's hard rock fan. 

2 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

I was disappointed by Georgei Michael, Chicago,  The Talking Heads at The Philly Zoo and especially Martha Raye in Saigon 

ENJOY!