neil curry dead a 34

Gymowner

2 hours ago, Gymowner said:

all over the internet today. possibly an overdose. sad story. he had a few wild dildo videos out there as well.  may he r.i.p.

Well, maybe not ALL over the internet, but is this the man?

Muscleboyg on X: "Neil Curry Thong is the WAY! https://t.co/6b9uTOMGaj" / X

Oh, you may mean Neil Currey. I did find this contradictory headline:

NEWS.SNBC13.COM

International Federation of BodyBuilding and Fitness community mourns fitness model, and coach passed away Neil Currey death and obituary

"Neil Currey WBFF Death: Bodybuilder and fitness model died from suicide by accident". Now that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one....

It is speculated that his intent was suicide but he died in an auto accident.  Many auto accidents, especially one care accidents are covers for suicide attempts.  In that manner family can collect insurance and they do not have to face the stigma of the suicide,  A pity that at any age, but more so at the such a young age as 34, he could not find a way out of the darkness.  

I guess if he left a note then it is more than speculation but autoaccidnts are not a sure thing in suicides, sometimes it winds up being worse, paralysis, long term brain damage, loss of limbs etc.  

Edited by purplekow

39 minutes ago, purplekow said:

It is speculated that his intent was suicide but he died in an auto accident...

It can either be a suicide, or an accident, but, by definition, it cannot be both. If he crashed his car intentionally, it's not an accident. In the US, life insurances can only exempt from payment a suicidal death if the policy has been in effect for under 2 years. It may be unclear at this point whether or not the fatal car crash was intentional or not. However, at some point it must be ruled EITHER an accident OR suicide. 

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Oh, you may mean Neil Currey. I did find this contradictory headline:

NEWS.SNBC13.COM

International Federation of BodyBuilding and Fitness community mourns fitness model, and coach passed away Neil Currey death and obituary

"Neil Currey WBFF Death: Bodybuilder and fitness model died from suicide by accident". Now that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one....

At first I thought that too, but realized the headline probably is equivalent to saying 'suicide by cop' or 'suicide by overdose'.  His death was evidently suicide by car crash, or car accident - but leaving out the word 'car' definitely made me scratch my head a bit.

18 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

At first I thought that too, but realized the headline probably is equivalent to saying 'suicide by cop' or 'suicide by overdose'.  His death was evidently suicide by car crash, or car accident - but leaving out the word 'car' definitely made me scratch my head a bit.

An overdose may be either an accident or an actual suicide attempt. I remember one LVN where I worked who was found dead in her bed, next to a bottle of some sleeping pills. She left no note, so it was unclear whether her death was suicide or accidental. Her daughter also worked with me, but I did not dare ask how the coroner ruled it. It would have to be an educated guess in any case. If I had to guess, I'd think an LVN must have known what she was doing, and that she didn't just have a tough time falling asleep. A suicide by cop, however, is generally quite intentional. 

A close friend of my fiance's (also a friend of mine, but less close) was really out of it at our party last week-end, and if he died of an overdose, it'd probably be accidental. I voiced my concerns with both the friend and my fiance. I'm personally quite worried. 

Edited by Unicorn

1 minute ago, Unicorn said:

An overdose may be an accident or an actual suicide attempt. I remember one LVN where I worked who was found dead in her bed, next to a bottle of some sleeping pills. She left no note, so it was unclear whether her death was suicide or accidental. Her daughter also worked with me, but I did not dare ask how the coroner ruled it. It would have to be an educated guess in any case. If I had to guess, I'd think an LVN must have known what she was doing, and that she didn't just have a tough time falling asleep. A suicide by cop, however, is generally quite intentional. 

Yes, I see what you mean.  I was just using it as an example - the writer of the story may have meant 'accident' generically, as in a 'traffic accident' - even though the 'accident' may well have been intentional.  It seems like an oxymoron, but I've heard people say things like, "she killed herself in a car accident" - I suppose it really comes down to how literal a person may be.

Someone can kill himself in a car accident, especially if under the influence (Tiger Woods almost did so). However, if it's intentional, it's a car crash (or collision), not an accident. Accident means "by mistake." 

WWW.DICTIONARY.COM

Accident definition, an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap:...

accident
noun
an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap:
automobile accidents.

Law. such a happening resulting in injury that is in no way the fault of the injured person for which compensation or indemnity is legally sought.

any event that happens unexpectedly, without a deliberate plan or cause.

chance; fortune; luck:
I was there by accident.

a fortuitous circumstance, quality, or characteristic:
an accident of birth.

Philosophy. any entity or event contingent upon the existence of something else.

Geology. a surface irregularity, usually on a small scale, the reason for which is not apparent

DICTIONARY.CAMBRIDGE.ORG

1. something bad that happens that is not expected or intended and that often…

accident
noun
US  /ˈæk.sə.dənt/ UK  /ˈæk.sɪ.dənt/
Add to word list 
A2 [ C ] something bad that happens that is not expected or intended and that often damages something or injures someone

One of my high school classmates died in her 40s in a one car crash into a bridge abutment, with no witnesses. It was described as an "accident," but I had had a long conversation with her a month before it happened, and it was clear that she was seriously depressed then, so I have always wondered about the "accident."