Bob Barker Passes Away at 99

BuffaloKyle

Barker.jpg?w=640
GOLFWEEK.USATODAY.COM

Barker said the thing most people wanted to talk about was his fight scene with Adam Sandler in ‘Happy...

30 years or more on TV game show with great audiences, strong advocate for spaying and neutering pets and of course, having the opportunity to do what many of us would like to do, beat the hell our of Adam Sandler.  

Edited by purplekow

5 hours ago, harlow said:

He bid as close to 100 without going over!  RIP BOB BARKER

I read that on YouTube as well. Betty White got closer though without going over so she wins! Bob died 3 1/2 months before he would've been 100 and Betty died 17 days before 100. 😅

Edited by BuffaloKyle

3 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I read that on YouTube as well. Betty White got closer though without going over so she wins! Bob died 3 1/2 months before he would've been 100 and Betty died 17 days before 100. 😅

And those who came close but 'lost' would include George Burns, who died about 6 weeks after passing 100.  

I can't help it.

I keep seeing 'Bob Barker passes...' showing on the 'front page' of this forum, and I am (as I'm sure all of you are) reminded of the time Dorothy was going to remarry Stan, and Debbie Reynolds was interviewing to be the new roommate:

Truby: “My husband passed just last summer.”
Rose: “Passed what?”
Dorothy: “A slow-moving Winnebago, Rose.

No disrespect meant to Mr. Barker, who had an admirable career and used his celebrity in an admirable way.  99 years is a nice, long ride, and I'm sure it was quite a good one.

I had the pleasure of being in the audience of Price Is Right during Bob’s last week of shows before he retired. I sat right behind contestants’ row and was instructed to be extremely animated. I put on quite a show. I had a great time. I recorded the episode on my TiVo and still have the TiVo box in my garage. I’m assuming I could find it on YouTube now and finally toss the TiVo box.