Recommendation for Meal Prep Boxes

Trebor

22 hours ago, Rudynate said:

We like Hellofresh - been using them for 5-6 years.  Every time a new one comes along, I try them, but I always go back to Hellofresh.

Noted.   I've been thinking about this for some time for occasions that I don't want to prep a meal.     Being a fitness advocate,  diet is such an essential.    I appreciate the recommendation!

1 hour ago, ICTJOCK said:

Noted.   I've been thinking about this for some time for occasions that I don't want to prep a meal.     Being a fitness advocate,  diet is such an essential.    I appreciate the recommendation!

might not be right for you.  they send you the groceries and you fix the food.  Each meal takes about 30 min to prepare.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 9:06 AM, ICTJOCK said:

You might look at Factor 75, they do packaged meals with a leaning towards portion control/healthy food options.  I tried one once when I was staying at a hotel that had some in the snack and sundries corner in the lobby. It wasn't bad, though the hotel microwave didn't do it any favors.  I've been thinking about trying some out to bring to work for days I don't have anything prepared.

https://www.factor75.com/

Edited by DynamicUno

9 hours ago, DynamicUno said:

You might look at Factor 75

I like Factor 75. The meals are tasty, although a little heavy on cream sauces / cheese for my taste. They’re much better when you heat them in an oven at 375 for 9 min. instead of microwaving them. They tend to be around 500 calories each which isn’t horrible. They are fresh, never frozen. You can order as few as 4 per week and you can put the order on hold whenever you wish. I’d give them a solid 4.5/5 stars. I don’t know of any fully prepared meal plans that are better and I’ve tried several.

I wouldn’t call it healthy or diet food, but it’s better than most.

32 minutes ago, nycman said:

I like Factor 75. The meals are tasty, although a little heavy on cream sauces / cheese for my taste. They’re much better when you heat them in an oven at 375 for 9 min. instead of microwaving them. They tend to be around 500 calories each which isn’t horrible. They are fresh, never frozen. You can order as few as 4 per week and you can put the order on hold whenever you wish. I’d give them a solid 4.5/5 stars. I don’t know of any fully prepared meal plans that are better and I’ve tried several.

I wouldn’t call it healthy or diet food, but it’s better than most.

So here we have 2 endorsements for this product.     I've never heard of it, but I will certainly check it out for sure.   Thank you for some great input!

On 9/22/2023 at 5:22 AM, ICTJOCK said:

So here we have 2 endorsements for this product.     I've never heard of it, but I will certainly check it out for sure.   Thank you for some great input!

It's keto, hence the high fat content.   I read about them and they sounded great so I ordered a few to try them.  After I ordered,  I read the fine print and realized that they were very high fat and cancelled the order - I'm firmly in the high-protein, moderate-carb, low-fat camp.

Edited by Rudynate
correction

I’ve tried factor and many others. My favorite for a quick meal that’s flavorful and microwave able is trifecta bc it has high protein and complex carbs and is around 500 calories. Round it out with a protein bar. Can be frozen or reheat from fridge. Better tasting than factor in my opinion 

https://www.trifectanutrition.com/

8 hours ago, Mrprofessional said:

I’ve tried factor and many others. My favorite for a quick meal that’s flavorful and microwave able is trifecta bc it has high protein and complex carbs and is around 500 calories. Round it out with a protein bar. Can be frozen or reheat from fridge. Better tasting than factor in my opinion 

https://www.trifectanutrition.com/

The meals certainly look healthier than Factor, but the lowest tiers seems to be 7 entrees / week (or 5 per week with 5 breakfasts). That’s WAY too much food for me. Too bad, because it does look lighter and more inline with my personal tastes / goals. 

6 hours ago, nycman said:

The meals certainly look healthier than Factor, but the lowest tiers seems to be 7 entrees / week (or 5 per week with 5 breakfasts). That’s WAY too much food for me. Too bad, because it does look lighter and more inline with my personal tastes / goals. 

I get 7 entrees every other week which you can do. You sign up for weekly and then skip every other week on the schedule my deliveries page. It’s easy. 

I tried Factor recently. I agree, it’s a little too heavy and fatty for my tastes.

I like Fresh N Lean, been using the prepared meal delivery service for a few weeks. The Mediterranean diet option is nice but I wish I could have it in an even even lower sodium format. My body is salt sensitive and I control my borderline high blood pressure with diet alone, no meds. If I keep eating 650 mg of sodium per modest microwaveable meal 2-3 times a day, I will be well on my way to a heart attack in a few years. I realize this amount is perfectly safe and normal and even low for most people, but my body can’t tolerate that much salt on a daily basis.

My next one to try is Trifecta. They have some even lower sodium options that fit my tastes.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not convenient for everyone but I prep all my meals... I like knowing exactly what's in the food I'm eating... I prep most of my food except breakfast 🍳 I have to have that fresh. I think people would be surprised how quickly healthy food preparation actually can take. I generally prep food 2 times a week.... Sundays and Wednesdays seem to keep everything fresh. I can cook fish, chicken and beef all at the same time and my Japanese rice cooker makes plenty and keeps it warm for days... greens I like super greens salad mix to which I apply a little bit of Ponzu sauce and real lime or lemon juice. I eat other things as well, but like the others, they are very easily and quickly prepared 🙂 speaking of "prepared" it's often said that luck favors the well prepared 🙂  

I'm off to PS today and I have 4 of my 6 meals ready to accompany me 😉IMG_3105.thumb.jpeg.849883f9f642a673c9ac65f30ffbc908.jpegIMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.2376339f25f0b3c4466911fccc5c8a13.jpeg

Edited by Vin_Marco

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 9:50 AM, Vin_Marco said:

I know it's not convenient for everyone but I prep all my meals... I like knowing exactly what's in the food I'm eating... I prep most of my food except breakfast 🍳 I have to have that fresh. I think people would be surprised how quickly healthy food preparation actually can take. I generally prep food 2 times a week.... Sundays and Wednesdays seem to keep everything fresh. I can cook fish, chicken and beef all at the same time and my Japanese rice cooker makes plenty and keeps it warm for days... greens I like super greens salad mix to which I apply a little bit of Ponzu sauce and real lime or lemon juice. I eat other things as well, but like the others, they are very easily and quickly prepared 🙂 speaking of "prepared" it's often said that luck favors the well prepared 🙂  

I'm off to PS today and I have 4 of my 6 meals ready to accompany me 😉IMG_3105.thumb.jpeg.849883f9f642a673c9ac65f30ffbc908.jpegIMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.2376339f25f0b3c4466911fccc5c8a13.jpeg

IMG_20231023_142300.gif.67183adabeeb05b4275652dcc4cb9884.gif