you learn something new everyday

samhexum

I've known about that one for a while now. There are a lot of helpful tips & tricks for iphone users on tiktok, believe it or not.

This guy gives a lot of them:

1660728598634566~c5_720x720.jpeg?x-expir
WWW.TIKTOK.COM

aakaanksh (@kaansanity) on TikTok | 103.3M Likes. 5.1M Followers. ☝🏼life hacks and Tech tips☝🏼 can we get to 6 mil? kaansanity@undercurrent.net.Watch the latest...

• 3 weeks later...

The cashew fruit itself is extremely tasty. The only country I've ever been able to find them, though, is Brazil. I suspect the fruit doesn't survive transportation. I haven't even been able to find them in countries which grow a lot of cashews, such as Vietnam. Sad. It doesn't taste at all like apples, more like the cashew itself, or amaretto-like flavor. As for my favorite fruit, woodland strawberries, or "fraises des bois," I've only been able to find it in France. I'd pay big $$ if I were able to indulge in these every once in a while, but I definitely can't find them in the US.

fraisesdesbois.jpg
MODERNFARMER.COM

A tiny, intensely flavored berry is everything supermarket strawberries aren't.

Fraises de Bois - Wild Strawberries Parfum Fraise des bois | Parfums d'Ugo

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

my favorite fruit, woodland strawberries, or "fraises des bois," I definitely can't find in the US.

fraisesdesbois.jpg
MODERNFARMER.COM

That's really weird. As a medical professional, I would think you'd be more familiar with where/how to pick these up...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

19 hours ago, Unicorn said:

The cashew fruit itself is extremely tasty. The only country I've ever been able to find them, though, is Brazil. I suspect the fruit doesn't survive transportation. I haven't even been able to find them in countries which grow a lot of cashews, such as Vietnam. Sad. It doesn't taste at all like apples, more like the cashew itself, or amaretto-like flavor. As for my favorite fruit, woodland strawberries, or "fraises des bois," I've only been able to find it in France. I'd pay big $$ if I were able to indulge in these every once in a while, but I definitely can't find them in the US.

fraisesdesbois.jpg
MODERNFARMER.COM

Fraises de Bois - Wild Strawberries Parfum Fraise des bois | Parfums d'Ugo

Friends in Brazil have mentioned cashew apples and how delicious they are.  Apparently they are very perishable which is why we don't see them in local markets.  I think there may be some sort of soda that is flavoured with them, but I could be wrong about that.

4 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

Friends in Brazil have mentioned cashew apples and how delicious they are.  Apparently they are very perishable which is why we don't see them in local markets.  I think there may be some sort of soda that is flavoured with them, but I could be wrong about that.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions regarding the perishability of that delicious fruit. I suspect the same might hold true for woodland strawberries. 😥