AceReady

Jim_n_NYC

almost certainly another phony profile with stolen pictures.....the haiku-like ad text is the giveaway....working on image search in a bit for my report to RM.....

EDIT:  found a twitter of the guy pictured....IG seems deleted.....Brazil-based model with initials LO......reported to RM

Edited by azdr0710

That is a catfish account. Booked him last night. Then a completely different guy showed up at my doorstep. I asked him to leave immediately. He got upset, pulled out his phone and started recording me saying I was refusing to pay, shouting and causing a scene in the middle of the night. He asked I pay him $500 else he would post the video online with my full name and face. Worst experience of my life. Beware you guys. 

11 minutes ago, ttm269 said:

That is a catfish account. Booked him last night. Then a completely different guy showed up at my doorstep. I asked him to leave immediately. He got upset, pulled out his phone and started recording me saying I was refusing to pay, shouting and causing a scene in the middle of the night. He asked I pay him $500 else he would post the video online with my full name and face. Worst experience of my life. Beware you guys. 

sorry this happened to you.......welcome to the forum, by the way......

Ah well - I will admit I was fairly certain the profile wasn’t legit, a fella can still hope, right? 😝

Thanks @azdr0710 for your diligence in ferreting out yet another fake/scam account. 👍🏻 You’ve always been great using the reverse image to determine the scammers. Perhaps there should be a permalink on the tutorial I believe you posted on how to run a reverse image search here in the Deli so we all don’t just rely on you 😉

Very sorry to hear about your nasty experience @ttm269 ☹️ This forum is a godsend for separating  the wheat from the chaff in this hobby. Welcome aboard, and do avail yourself of the wealth of information your fellow hobbyists can, and do offer 😀

Cheers,
BBD 

Edited by BtmBearDad
Spelling

44 minutes ago, robberbaron4u said:

Sitted lunch with a prospective "hire" is a "must" with me; it is, if you will, the "interview" to determine if our "date" will be mutually beneficial to both the client and the provider.

Not everyone has the luxury of time or budget for this level of diligence, though 

5 hours ago, ttm269 said:

This ad was placed by the same asshole that posts fake ads every other day for years on Rentascam. I hope you reported it to Rentascam & threaten to sue them for repeatedly posting fake  ads from the same person day after day.(Although you probably don’t have a case). What did this person look like & how did you get rid of him ? The word needs to get out on this scumbag.