Kimberly Akimbo

foxy

This award winning show is now on Broadway with music by the acclaimed composer Jeanine Tesori who wrote the scores for Fun Home, Caroline, or Change and many others. It’s a quirky sad/funny story about a 15 year old New Jersey high school student with a disease that ages her prematurely. She has the body of a 72 year old woman. Surrounded by a dysfunctional family and high school friends who are all nerds adds to her challenges. 

DBA306B9-DFEC-4313-8318-5E45AE1CEB8E.jpeg

10 minutes ago, foxy said:

This award winning show is now on Broadway with music by the acclaimed composer Jeanine Tesori who wrote the scores for Fun Home, Caroline, or Change and many others. It’s a quirky sad/funny story about a 15 year old New Jersey high school student with a disease that ages her prematurely. She has the body of a 72 year old woman. Surrounded by a dysfunctional family and high school friends who are all nerds adds to her challenges. 

DBA306B9-DFEC-4313-8318-5E45AE1CEB8E.jpeg

How is it doing at the box office?

Although I had read the plot for this musical I wasn’t exactly sure how it was going to be performed. The story is a bit odd but it captivated my attention. A cast of 9 talented actors who sing, dance, and ice skate. The crazy Aunt is comic relief and very funny!  The play has a wonderful ending that will make you either cry or smile. The performance I saw was almost full. 

Saw it when it first opened. I read many positive things about this show when it played off broadway. Sometimes off broadway doesn't always transfer to broadway. It was ok not great. I thought the actors who played the students were weak. It felt like they were performing in a high school musical.