Madonna Announces "The Celebration Tour"

BuffaloKyle

Get ready for four decades of Madonna’s hits.

On Monday the superstar singer announced dates for “The Celebration Tour,” which according to her site, “will take us on Madonna’s artistic journey through four decades and pays respect to the city of New York where her career in music began.”

“I am excited to explore as many songs as possible in hopes to give my fans the show they have been waiting for,” Madonna said in a statement.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/17/entertainment/madonna-celebration-tour/index.html

----------

This show is going to be amazing! I had been wondering and hoping for the longest time she'd do a greatest hits tour. I'd love to go but I'm sure ticket prices are going to be through the roof. The tour dates are on the wikipedia page. I can't wait for the setlist to leak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna:_The_Celebration_Tour

Edited by BuffaloKyle

15 minutes ago, BuffaloKyle said:

...the superstar singer announced dates for “The Celebration Tour,” which according to her site, “will take us on Madonna’s artistic journey through four decades and pays respect to the city of New York where her career in music began.”

At sixty-something would it be more appropriate to pay respect with a museum exhibit ?

The poor woman is so damaged with plastic surgery you can't even recognize her anymore.

40 minutes ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

I'd wonder if I would be able to still be awake when she finally decides to take the stage?

HaHa.  It's true she is frequently late to start her shows.  I have seen her four times in concert but only one time was she seriously late.  It was The Sticky and Sweet Tour stop in Houston.  The show started over two hours late and people were getting pissed off.

Her most recent Madame X Tour (Sept 2019-March 2020) was plagued with endless problems.  She had to cancel many performances due to on-going health problems (knee and hip pain I believe) and many of the shows that did go on had starting delays of two hours or more.  The last few shows of the tour in Paris were cancelled due to COVID...not under her control.  I hope she has resolved her physical ailments and time management skills prior to starting this tour.

I'm undecided about whether I will attend this tour.  I'm going to wait to see the setlist and the reviews from the first few shows till I decide.  I do wish her well though.  

11 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

The poor woman is so damaged with plastic surgery you can't even recognize her anymore.

Holy crap. I just watched some recent videos of her.

They’ve got the soft focus cranked to the max every time they show her face.
It’s even weirder because they turn it off when they show everyone else.
The sharpness of their faces contrasted with the blurriness of her’s is unsettling.
And what you can see is a waxed, pale, freakishly smooth, bloated mess. 
Whoever did that to her should lose their license.

So much for aging gracefully. 

5 minutes ago, nycman said:

what you can see is a waxed, pale, freakishly smooth, bloated mess. 

Yup. It's pretty horrifying. I'm guessing her mental state is deteriorating and she can't understanding what she's doing anymore. Like I said a museum exhibit would be a more respectful way to pay respect to her career than trotting out this sad old horse for a last roundabout in public.

• 8 months later...

The tour finally kicked off yesterday. Here was the setlist:

"It's a Celebration" (Video Introduction)

"Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Mix)"

"Everybody" (contains elements of "Where's the Party")

"Into the Groove" (contains elements of "Into The Hollywood Groove")

"Burning Up"

"Open Your Heart" (contains elements of "Live to Tell")

"Holiday" (contains elements of "I Want Your Love")

"In This Life" (Interlude)

"Live to Tell"

"Like A Prayer" (contains elements of "Girl Gone Wild", "Act of Contrition", and "Unholy")

"Blond Ambition" (Interlude) (contains elements of "Living for Love (Offer Nissim Remix)", "Fever", "Erotica", and "Justify My Love")

"Erotica" (contains elements of "Erotica (Final Demo 2)" and "Papa Don't Preach")

"Justify My Love"

"Hung Up" (contains an excerpt from "Fever" and elements of "Hung Up on Tokischa" and "Gangsta")

"Bad Girl"

"Ballroom" (Interlude) (contains elements of "Up Down Suite", "Break My Soul (Queens Remix)", and "Vogue")

"Vogue"

"Human Nature"

"Crazy for You"

"The Beast Within" (Interlude)

"Die Another Day"

"Don't Tell Me"

"Mother and Father"

"Little Star" / "I Will Survive"

"La Isla Bonita"

"Don't Cry for Me Argentina"

"I Don't Search I Find" (Interlude)

"Bedtime Story"

"Ray Of Light (Sasha Ultraviolet Mix)"

"Rain"

Encore

"Like a Virgin" (Interlude) (contains elements of "Billie Jean" and "Angel")

"Bitch I'm Madonna" (contains elements of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Unapologetic Bitch")

"Celebration" (contains elements of "Music")

Flew in to meet with a client and see opening night. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Madonna, but she puts on a great show.  Was nice to hear some of her classics.

Creative stage setup.  For a large format, it felt intimate.  Audio and lighting were terrific.

The setlist might look odd, but it worked perfectly.

Her voice sounded great, but it was clear she wasn't moving like she used to.  Everything she did felt a little more measured and thought out.

On 10/15/2023 at 11:03 AM, BenjaminNicholas said:

Flew in to meet with a client and see opening night. 

Did the show start on time?  One of the complaints on her last few tours was that some of the shows started well past the scheduled start time…like hours late. 

im happy with the setlist but I won’t get tickets until I know her timekeeping is better on this tour. 

43 minutes ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Did the show start on time?  One of the complaints on her last few tours was that some of the shows started well past the scheduled start time…like hours late. 

im happy with the setlist but I won’t get tickets until I know her timekeeping is better on this tour. 

She was only about 20 mins late.  That's a marked improvement for her.

Saw her years ago and she started 2+ hours late.  The crowd was drunk and angry at that point.

I heard the second show at the O2 had to cut three songs at the end, as she started late and the venue has a curfew.

2 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

She was only about 20 mins late.  That's a marked improvement for her.

Your're right...not bad for her.  I've also seen her multiple times and the last time (Sticky & Sweet Tour) in Houston, she was 2 hours late.  Not good.

I think I'll wait for a few more weeks to see if she is more or less sticking to the scheduled showtime.  If she is, I'll get tickets.  Still good seats available in the resale market.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Ali Gator said:

This week's Blind Item suggests the tour is being redesigned and Madonna is cutting way back, shortening the length of her tour. 

WWW.CRAZYDAYSANDNIGHTS.NET

This permanent one named singer is going to drastically reduce the length of her show. Even she knows she won't last very long on the tour t...

Page Six, this ain't.

Thankfully unloaded my tickets (for a profit). 

I only really bought them to see Bob the Drag Queen open for her….and now that the dates moved he’s not opening at the Madison Square Garden show anymore. 

Her Blond Ambition tour is still one of the greatest shows I’ve ever seen. I’m happy to keep my memories of the Goddess in her full glory. She was amazing. Now, 2 hours late?, abbreviated show?, not what she used to be?….thanks but I’ll keep my memories. 

20 hours ago, nycman said:

Thankfully unloaded my tickets (for a profit). 

I only really bought them to see Bob the Drag Queen open for her….and now that the dates moved he’s not opening at the Madison Square Garden show anymore. 

Her Blond Ambition tour is still one of the greatest shows I’ve ever seen. I’m happy to keep my memories of the Goddess in her full glory. She was amazing. Now, 2 hours late?, abbreviated show?, not what she used to be?….thanks but I’ll keep my memories. 

The Blond Ambition tour was the first live concert I ever saw.  I was 7 and my parents took me to see it when we were in London at Wembley.

Good memories :) 

On 10/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, Ali Gator said:

This week's Blind Item suggests the tour is being redesigned and Madonna is cutting way back, shortening the length of her tour. 

WWW.CRAZYDAYSANDNIGHTS.NET

This permanent one named singer is going to drastically reduce the length of her show. Even she knows she won't last very long on the tour t...

Is any of this actually true?  I just looked at the setlist for her last show in Stockholm and it looks pretty similar to the first London show several weeks ago.  Also, I have not seen any confirmation that she is shortening her tour.  What's the real story?

3 hours ago, EZEtoGRU said:

Is any of this actually true?  I just looked at the setlist for her last show in Stockholm and it looks pretty similar to the first London show several weeks ago.  Also, I have not seen any confirmation that she is shortening her tour.  What's the real story?

CDAN is usually correct in what it reports. This report came out last week, so the info is very new - and it is saying she is currently redesigning the tour to shorten it - so who knows how soon it will be finalized, and go into effect. Maybe it will not change  until after she finishes the European leg of her tour , and she heads to the states in the new year? Something to keep an eye on if someone is planning on going after the new year, I would think. I'd be surprised if CDAN was wrong on this one.

Aside from that, I'm surprised that tickets have not sold out at most of her North American tour, yet (especially with Christmas just two months away - no one's interested in buying tickets for Christmas gifts?) . To me, that may be a strong indication that the tour will be redesigned and scaling back. 

13 hours ago, Ali Gator said:

CDAN is usually correct in what it reports. This report came out last week, so the info is very new - and it is saying she is currently redesigning the tour to shorten it - so who knows how soon it will be finalized, and go into effect. Maybe it will not change  until after she finishes the European leg of her tour , and she heads to the states in the new year? Something to keep an eye on if someone is planning on going after the new year, I would think. I'd be surprised if CDAN was wrong on this one.

Aside from that, I'm surprised that tickets have not sold out at most of her North American tour, yet (especially with Christmas just two months away - no one's interested in buying tickets for Christmas gifts?) . To me, that may be a strong indication that the tour will be redesigned and scaling back. 

Thanks.  I guess I'll wait on buying tickets for one of the US gigs until I see what the reworked show looks like...if it gets reworked.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.  Madonna's Celebration Tour continues to travel around Europe.  She played in Lisbon last night.  The setlist appears to be nearly identical to her first London show about a month ago...so no re-vamp of the show numbers seems to have occurred.    Commentary is that some shows have started late (including the Lisbon show last night).  They are citing technical issues as the culprit but whether that's really the cause...who knows?

Madonna was a pretty girl in her 20's.

This A.I. photo estimates what she'd look like today if it weren't for all the unfortunate plastic surgery that has rendered he into a plastic blow up doll.

It's such a pity because according to this guesstimate, she would have still been a handsome woman in her 60's.  Pretty sure her 25 year old boyfriends aren't dating her for her looks anyway.

AI Madonna.png