Smartest dog in the world~

Tygerscent

I had a wolf for 22yrs named Nanook… Also a cat named Raison. She was from Greece and lived to be 26yrs~ You could talk to her in English or Greek and she would respond accordingly~ My mom, (her original owner), spoke to her in both~ 
 Both Nanook and Raison used to watch me move around in the kitchen or my bed room by checking out the reflection in the full length mirror in the hallway pantry door~    
  Both recognized me, my room mates, each other and themselves in mirrors~ 

I never spoke to either of them or any of my previous fur buddies in baby language or reduces sentences… The understood complete sentences with complex content and according to context~ Not just commands but, decision making and being able to communicate that back to me or others, (not thru English but, body posture, facial expressions, breathing patterns, tail movements, orientation of their body hair)~
 I took the time to not only teach them my various forms of communication, (verbal, non verbal sounds, visual, scent, hands, unspoken breathing, etc.), but, also took the time to learn their modes of communication~      

Nanook was raised with vocal language skills as well as hand gesture skills, (think ASL)~ He was able to comprehend English, (not just when I was speaking to to him but, others as well, even interacting in conversation not directed at him specifically). He was also able to communicate with dogs, (different than wolf language). He knew the parts of his body and could communicate with me what hurt when and where if there was something~ He could initiate conversation with me on his own~

Raison as well~  My mom raised Raison the way I raised Nanook~ Both were multilingual and had sophisticated non verbal language communications as well~

Other species communicate… they live in a complex world beyond our own~ 
 Wolves, dolphins, whales, bees, birds of all kinds, zebras, etc., these beings survive in a complex world we never could, They hear different frequencies then we do, see different color spectrums than we do, some have sophisticated sonar sensory communication… Yet they can cohabitate with us, understand us and respond back~. 
 We subject them to our assumptions that they are not intelligent and can not comprehend~ If you treated a human child that way, (as something to be fed, walked, given shots once a year and 20 minutes of attention after work each day, all the while talking to them like a two year old their entire life and mainly in commands), what would you have~? 

If you raise the bar and your understanding/comprehension of shared communication skills with your fur buddies, you get more than “a pet”~

Edited by Tygerscent