Quick Flake Alert on ChaseGavin of New Orleans

jusmeinbr

6 hours ago, wayout said:

Quick question/point of clarification for the OP regarding the system showing him logged in after you sent your last message.  That may or may not mean he opened/read the message you sent.  In the message dialogue if he did open your message there should be two check marks next to your last message (at least that is my understanding of that).  I would have hoped he would have responded if he did read it but there may be a chance your message got buried in a barrage of messages he may have received and never got to yours.  Just a thought but if he did read it and didn't responded then definitely ghosting you (or flaking on you if you prefer that term).

Thank you for pointing that out and, yes, the double-checks were present for every message I sent.  I surmised that meant that he’d read them and signaled that he had made a conscious decision to abandon communication.  Thank you for making clear that my intuition was correct.

2 hours ago, robberbaron4u said:

Sink me! And people make complaint about me gnawing on an old bone! "Flake" is not unlike "Friend"; definitions differ with the individual. If he is a flake in your book, that's "OK", but move on beyond the " angst" of the thing.

I previously posted that I’d moved on; furthermore, as I said in my original post, I made the post as a courtesy to other members who may use the search feature of this site.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I have zero “angst” over anything!

Also, as I indicated on another post on ChaseGavin and Alexinwonderland, the evidence is overwhelming that they are together on this venture to New Orleans, so I’m going to provide a direct link to his ad (taken out the exact same day with both young men obviously being from Mississippi) so that anyone who searches for his RM screen name will see this post as well:  

https://app.rent.men/Alexinwonderland

1 hour ago, jusmeinbr said:

I previously posted that I’d moved on; furthermore, as I said in my original post, I made the post as a courtesy to other members who may use the search feature of this site.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I have zero “angst” over anything!

Also, as I indicated on another post on ChaseGavin and Alexinwonderland, the evidence is overwhelming that they are together on this venture to New Orleans, so I’m going to provide a direct link to his ad (taken out the exact same day with both young men obviously being from Mississippi) so that anyone who searches for his RM screen name will see this post as well:  

https://app.rent.men/Alexinwonderland

My posting was intended as a "blanket", not a personal, admonition. Personally, I am of the opinion that you should be commended in your warning; perhaps, a "caveat emptor" category should be considered for the forum. My experience with stating caveats being a reward of demerits in my mailbox.  With particular regard to "angst", I find a box of Cheez-Its and a bottle of good cognac to be helpful in alleviating the condition in any circumstance.  As for New Orleans, as by my prior advisement, the New Orleans market is "dismal" in its selection; in the years before the AIDS pandemic, the city abounded in choice selections, and, indeed, two or three agencies were in operation. I am given to understand that the former penthouse suites of the Pontchartrain Hotel on St. Charles Avdnue have been repurposed as a night club venue which attracts a large crowd young and beautiful things on the weekends.  Oh, for the days when that jewel of an inn was a "destination". . . 

47 minutes ago, robberbaron4u said:

My posting was intended as a "blanket", not a personal, admonition. Personally, I am of the opinion that you should be commended in your warning; perhaps, a "caveat emptor" category should be considered for the forum. My experience with stating caveats being a reward of demerits in my mailbox.  With particular regard to "angst", I find a box of Cheez-Its and a bottle of good cognac to be helpful in alleviating the condition in any circumstance.  As for New Orleans, as by my prior advisement, the New Orleans market is "dismal" in its selection; in the years before the AIDS pandemic, the city abounded in choice selections, and, indeed, two or three agencies were in operation. I am given to understand that the former penthouse suites of the Pontchartrain Hotel on St. Charles Avdnue have been repurposed as a night club venue which attracts a large crowd young and beautiful things on the weekends.  Oh, for the days when that jewel of an inn was a "destination". . . 

WOW!!  And I thought I knew a little of the history of the New Orleans market given that I’ve lived in South Louisiana all of my life and hired exclusively from New Orleans since beginning hiring almost 20 years ago (I’m 59).  Obviously, you REALLY know not only the present market but also have an extensive knowledge of its history!!  I am definitely impressed!

3 hours ago, Lazarus said:

I f Chase’s pictures & profile were the best to enter the NO market in a decade, New Orleans has some serious problems. 

Well, please keep in mind that I’m speaking from my perspective and what I seek.  The fact that so many ads survive for so long that I don’t even see the need to click on demonstrates that plenty of prospective clients are seeking and finding something far different than that for which I search.

Edited by jusmeinbr
Typo.

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

I f Chase’s pictures & profile were the best to enter the NO market in a decade, New Orleans has some serious problems. 

Well, the hurricanes do discourage people, I'm sure.

That said, I think Chase is adorable, a sugar-frosted flake, if you will.