The Chrisleys are going to jail!

samhexum

Todd Chrisley has been sentenced to 12 years behind bars and 16 months probation after he and wife Julie Chrisley were found guilty of bank fraud and tax evasion, according to Fox 5 Atlanta.

Meanwhile, the outlet reports that Julie was given a lighter sentence of seven years in prison. She was also sentenced to 16 months probation. 

“The Chrisleys have built an empire based on the lie that their wealth came from dedication and hard work,” prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memorandum on Nov. 16.

“The jury’s unanimous verdict sets the record straight: Todd and Julie Chrisley are career swindlers who have made a living by jumping from one fraud scheme to another, lying to banks, stiffing vendors, and evading taxes at every corner.” 

“Chrisley Knows Best,” which premiered on USA Network in 2014, followed the family’s crazy adventures with a focus on their lavish lifestyles. Todd admitted three months prior to his sentencing that he became a “slave” to money once the show succeeded.  

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/21/todd-and-julie-chrisley-sentenced-bank-fraud-tax-evasion/

I never watched their show, but hate them just from the commercials, so this makes me happy.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

12 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Todd Chrisley has been sentenced to 12 years behind bars and 16 months probation after he and wife Julie Chrisley were found guilty of bank fraud and tax evasion, according to Fox 5 Atlanta.

Meanwhile, the outlet reports that Julie was given a lighter sentence of seven years in prison. She was also sentenced to 16 months probation. 

“The Chrisleys have built an empire based on the lie that their wealth came from dedication and hard work,” prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memorandum on Nov. 16.

“The jury’s unanimous verdict sets the record straight: Todd and Julie Chrisley are career swindlers who have made a living by jumping from one fraud scheme to another, lying to banks, stiffing vendors, and evading taxes at every corner.” 

“Chrisley Knows Best,” which premiered on USA Network in 2014, followed the family’s crazy adventures with a focus on their lavish lifestyles. Todd admitted three months prior to his sentencing that he became a “slave” to money once the show succeeded.  

https://pagesix.com/2022/11/21/todd-and-julie-chrisley-sentenced-bank-fraud-tax-evasion/

I never watched their show, but hate them just from the commercials, so this makes me happy.

I barely know who they are and might have them confused with a reality show family in Atlanta. Both are tacky, but if thats what an audience likes, "hey...hey...give em what they want."

23 hours ago, samhexum said:

DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN!!!!!!  I didn't even know they were in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 9:26 PM, Leyte2019 said:

I didn't even know they were important enough to be discussed in a  thread

Todd sets off every bit of gaydar I have in my brain. So ..maybe not important but possibly of interest to the community here.

Tragic for their grown children to have parents who pontificate at every turn and now found to be swindlers after years of verbal abuse toward them in the name of false morality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, pubic_assistance said:

Todd sets off every bit of gaydar I have in my brain. So ..maybe not important but possibly of interest to the community here.

Tragic for their grown children to have parents who pontificate at every turn and now found to be swindlers after years of verbal abuse toward them in the name of false morality.

Todd is the father? From the little Ive seen of this, he did seem a bit "gay". Something about him came across as stereotypical Atlanta (can we say queen in here?) affectation.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:54 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Todd Chrisley's mannerisms seemed to me like every southern church choir director I ever saw from the 80s, make of that what you will.  I think one of the key informants against him also claimed to have had a long running gay affair with him.  The whole thing screams small southern town mansion row gossip with a 2000s reality show twist.