• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Trebor said:

the baseball player???

Yes, and famous underwear model.

During the late 1970s and 1980s, Palmer was a spokesman and underwear model for Jockey brand men's briefs. He appeared in the company's national print and television advertisements as well as on billboards at Times Square in New York City and other major cities. He donated all proceeds from the sale of his underwear poster to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:24 AM, Whitman said:

No. That's actor Jack Scalia in the Eminence ad (probably from the 1970s), @Trebor.

You mean Jack Scalia, the former hotshot minor league pitcher?!?!?

Scalia was born Giacomo Tomaso Tedesco in BrooklynNew York City, of Italian and Irish descent. His father was former Brooklyn Dodger Rocky Tedesco. His parents divorced and when his mother remarried his name was changed to Scalia. In 1969 he graduated from Brentwood High School on Long Island. He was drafted with the third pick of the first round by the Montreal Expos in 1971 as a pitcher. He was injured and never played in the Major Leagues.

When I first got a computer I came across one of those web pages that claim to have email addresses where you can write to celebs.  I sent a bunch, knowing I'd never receive any responses.

I actually received one reply... it took months, but I got an autographed pic of Jack Scalia in the mail. (I used a female friend's name.)

• 1 month later...