Phillip at Time Square Spa

Lucky

I wandered into Time Square Spa, thinking that I would make general inquiries and try to find the time when they had the most masseurs available. But as soon as I saw this hot Chinese guy who I later learned was Phillip, I was all in. Phillip is a tall, gym-fit Chinese masseur who happens to be sweet as well. He gave me a great massage. I like them strong and I got it. He worked hard from the beginning to the end. I was not disappointed! I left very happy.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:47 AM, Lucky said:

I wandered into Time Square Spa, thinking that I would make general inquiries and try to find the time when they had the most masseurs available. But as soon as I saw this hot Chinese guy who I later learned was Phillip, I was all in. Phillip is a tall, gym-fit Chinese masseur who happens to be sweet as well. He gave me a great massage. I like them strong and I got it. He worked hard from the beginning to the end. I was not disappointed! I left very happy.

Is there another Phillip at TSMS??? The Phillip I know at TSMS is not fit, not with that jiggly, dough-boy tummy of his! Between that and his constant upselling, I will never hire him again. lol

3 hours ago, urbanfetish said:

Is there another Phillip at TSMS??? The Phillip I know at TSMS is not fit, not with that jiggly, dough-boy tummy of his! Between that and his constant upselling, I will never hire him again. lol

I was wondering the same after reading that post because the Philip I had before also was big into upselling during the massage which drives me crazy! So....?? 🤔

Had my first massage with Phillip this week.  It was great.  It was the strongest and most sensual I’ve had in a while at a spa that charges this little. The spa itself isn’t anything special. The bathroom smells and the place is run down, but the massage made up for the environment.  Was there an upsell during the massage, yes, a brief one, but, I was a new customer and it didn’t ruin the experience.  Felt he was just trying to lay out his expectations. If this bothers you I’d recommend you discuss before you get on the table.  A tip of more than one hundred percent of the price of the massage is expected and in my opinion appropriate for his services.  

4 hours ago, Evan123 said:

Had my first massage with Phillip this week.  It was great.  It was the strongest and most sensual I’ve had in a while at a spa that charges this little. The spa itself isn’t anything special. The bathroom smells and the place is run down, but the massage made up for the environment.  Was there an upsell during the massage, yes, a brief one, but, I was a new customer and it didn’t ruin the experience.  Felt he was just trying to lay out his expectations. If this bothers you I’d recommend you discuss before you get on the table.  A tip of more than one hundred percent of the price of the massage is expected and in my opinion appropriate for his services.  

Was this Phillip tall and muscular?

8 hours ago, Evan123 said:

I also find this very appropriate and enjoyed massages by Philip. He was upfront and clear in his communication what he expects in tips. I understand that there are many cases where clients give $5 or $10 or $20 or $40 in tips after they leave happy, but such low wages leaves the masseur very unhappy as it is really more of an insult than showing gratitude, especially in this high inflationary environment. It’s better not to give any tips if you are going to be cheap! This is way each party is clear in who they are and there is no miscommunication. 

Edited by Spiritualadvisor

4 minutes ago, Spiritualadvisor said:

I also find this very appropriate and enjoyed massages by Philip. He was upfront and clear in his communication what he expects in tips. I understand that there are many cases where clients give $5 or $10 or $20 or $40 in tips after they leave happy, but such low wages leaves the masseur very unhappy as it is really more of an insult than showing gratitude, especially in this high inflationary environment. It’s better not to give any tips if you are going to be cheap! This is way each party is clear in who they are and there is no miscommunication. 

And I would add that if the masseur is not upfront and very clear about their expectations, then what usually happens is that clients will walk all over them, cheat them and take advantage of them by giving them tips that are more of an insult than showing gratitude. Please keep this in mind when a masseur is being clear about his expectations. It’s not upselling. They just want to prevent being cheated. 

Phillip definitely gives a top notch massage, probably one of the best technical-sensual combos I’ve ever had. But I chose not to repeat because he refused to give me a 90 minute session saying he was booked, when it became obvious both during and after he wasn’t, then criticized my 80% tip, which would have probably more than 100% had he done the 90 minutes. 

Edited by EVdude

5 minutes ago, EVdude said:

Phillip definitely gives a top notch massage, probably one of the best technical-sensual combos I’ve ever had. But I chose not to repeat because he refused to give me a 90 minute session saying he was booked, when it became obvious both during and after he wasn’t, then criticized my 80% tip, which would have probably more than 100% had done the 90 minutes. 

Was this Phillip tall and muscular?

My experience was Phillip was definitely different. His upselling was like an a la carte menu and was more like a 200% tip request in the end (and my requests are not very extravagant or unusual, especially in a spa setting). I am a good tipper - minimum of 100% for some basic fun and I can easily go to 200% in the right situation, but to be asked multiple times in one session for extra tips is too much. I really think this might be a different Phillip than I experienced. Whenever I tried for last minute appts at TSMS, he was consistently available. The Phillip I'm thinking of is not the in shape, muscular, popular guy described here. lol 

I have no idea how many Phillips there are at Time Square Spa. I only know that I had a perfect experience with a Phillip who is Chinese, tall, handsome, sweet, very fit, and a great masseur. I regret that my attempt to post positively about him was met by some who denigrate him without even being sure that he is the same guy. I forgot my phone and had to return to the spa. Philip was waiting for me, phone in hand and a big smile on his face. He didn't expect any reward. I was happy to see him!

Edited by Lucky

There used to be a tall, athletic young Chinese fellow named Phil who was working his way around the spas in midtown prior to Covid. He was a little too eager to please and would be banned from places for going to far with customers. Sounds like the same guy. Very sweet. Used to have my number and would let me know where he landed next. Nice kid, nice massage, good release but I can't tell you anything about his other services. I never took him up on the offer.  

20 hours ago, Lucky said:

I have no idea how many Phillips there are at Time Square Spa. I only know that I had a perfect experience with a Phillip who is Chinese, tall, handsome, sweet, very fit, and a great masseur. I regret that my attempt to post positively about him was met by some who denigrate him without even being sure that he is the same guy. I forgot my phone and had to return to the spa. Philip was waiting for me, phone in hand and a big smile on his face. He didn't expect any reward. I was happy to see him!

I only know of one Phillip at TSMS and I highly doubt they would have multiple masseurs with the same name. That's why I was surprised to hear such positive reviews. Maybe he lost some weight and changed his MO? I'm glad you enjoyed your time with him. 

On 11/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, urbanfetish said:

I only know of one Phillip at TSMS and I highly doubt they would have multiple masseurs with the same name. That's why I was surprised to hear such positive reviews. Maybe he lost some weight and changed his MO? I'm glad you enjoyed your time with him. 

One of the worst masseurs ever.  Something is fishy here as Philip is a waste 

16 hours ago, Sixpack said:

One of the worst masseurs ever.  Something is fishy here as Philip is a waste 

How could he be one of the worst masseurs ever if I gad a perfect session with him? My guess is that you are a difficult client and hard to satisfy. I did read many of your posts on masseurs and they are pretty negative.

I resent your comment that something is fishy here as if I am not telling the truth. I have been hiring masseurs for decades and Phillip was one of the best. Again, what did you do to ruin  your experience?

Edited by Lucky

7 hours ago, Lucky said:

How could he be one of the worst masseurs ever if I gad a perfect session with him? My guess is that you are a difficult client and hard to satisfy. I did read many of your posts on masseurs and they are pretty negative.

I resent your comment that something is fishy here as if I am not telling the truth. I have been hiring masseurs for decades and Phillip was one of the best. Again, what did you do to ruin  your experience?

I like a few guys and stick to a select few. Philip has plenty of other negative reviews. 

I am easy to satisfy but Philip was the worst
to each