man I met online brought me to KEY WEST Florida

JoeWinkoReturns

Here's a video of me/ Joe Winko being taken to Key West, Florida, a place I been wanting to visit for a while ☺ I was only there for 1 day ☺ I been wanting to visit Key West for a while earlier this spring & was trying to find someone to take me there, yet every person I had talked to online kept flaking on me over & over again, despite it being in the same state as me, EXCEPT FOR 1 GUY! ☺ who made this video possible :D 

that 80s remix version of the song, Summertime Sadness was playing in my head the whole entire time I was down there, which is why I used it in the video. Due to my Autism, I associate that song with Key West ☺ Also because I kinda was sad that people kept flaking on me (the stuff my haters were typing about me on reddit didn't make me feel any better either...) & also because I wanted to get away from my mean neighboors but that's a whole different topic. I mainly just wanted to go there and film a video of me there & get dashcam footage of the island :) 

I tried my best to make the video look "dramatic" but I'll let you guys be the judge on that :) let me know how I did :) ♥ 

Hope you guys like it :D 

Edited by JoeWinkoReturns

8 hours ago, JoeWinkoReturns said:

Here's a video of me/ Joe Winko being taken to Key West, Florida, a place I been wanting to visit for a while ☺ I was only there for 1 day ☺ I been wanting to visit Key West for a while earlier this spring & was trying to find someone to take me there, yet every person I had talked to online kept flaking on me over & over again, despite it being in the same state as me, EXCEPT FOR 1 GUY! ☺ who made this video possible :D 

that 80s remix version of the song, Summertime Sadness was playing in my head the whole entire time I was down there, which is why I used it in the video. Due to my Autism, I associate that song with Key West ☺ Also because I kinda was sad that people kept flaking on me (the stuff my haters were typing about me on reddit didn't make me feel any better either...) & also because I wanted to get away from my mean neighboors but that's a whole different topic. I mainly just wanted to go there and film a video of me there & get dashcam footage of the island :) 

I tried my best to make the video look "dramatic" but I'll let you guys be the judge on that :) let me know how I did :) ♥ 

Hope you guys like it :D 

Hope you enjoyed the trip! Brings back a lot of nostalgia. I love music from the 80s and 90s. May have to rewatch the first season of Glee where they really brought it to life. 😁

19 hours ago, FrankR said:

Hope you enjoyed the trip! Brings back a lot of nostalgia. I love music from the 80s and 90s. May have to rewatch the first season of Glee where they really brought it to life. 😁

thank you ☺ that song is actually from 2013, but they remixed it to make it sound like it was from the 80s ☺ it always reminded me of Key West whenever I heard it ☺ I really love 80s music too 

On 11/3/2022 at 12:29 AM, nycman said:

Huh?

'Semi-famous' sounds to me to be a claim that a you-tuber can make based on their own assessment. Whether anyone in this forum has heard of them is not likely to be relevant. @JoeWinkoReturns can claim that status without fear of any informed contradiction from the narrow slice of opinion here. I hadn't heard of him before he joined the forum, but there's a lot I know nothing about. More power to him!

On 11/4/2022 at 5:23 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

I'm sad you didn't really feature any of the island.

KW is a magical place.  Go back and spend some real time there.

Yes i did feature the island!

how on earth could you think i didn't?? did you not watch the whole video??

didnt u see me at Higgs Memorial Beach? & infront of the southern point monument? I even featured Fred the tree in this video too. i even filmed the one lane road entering (and even exiting) into key west and even me being driven across the 7 mile bridge....

not to mention the old rail bridge that use to lead directly into key west, along with the official entrance of key west & even key largo, and even some of the scattered remote islands on the way there, such as the one connected to the old bridge

those are Definately all within the florida keys ;) 

image.thumb.png.54443fdc08b122df1f347d1e1b56db44.png

image.thumb.png.eb93f34ff8e548a5bc6e16fdb081c02c.pngimage.thumb.png.78edf095c7b330af7428140364f45683.png

image.thumb.png.e1daa579ece048c89c05d9f19acff915.pngimage.thumb.png.d22c3bc4fa6ff640d85374e87569def6.pngimage.thumb.png.7649e431ede1f54c19bf1311b2337984.pngimage.thumb.png.bcf5aa303b44b4c5345c83207868c419.pngimage.thumb.png.732001e596245bab291d9182d1cf7ffc.png

15 hours ago, JoeWinkoReturns said:

Yes i did feature the island!

how on earth could you think i didn't?? did you not watch the whole video??

didnt u see me at Higgs Memorial Beach? & infront of the southern point monument? I even featured Fred the tree in this video too. i even filmed the one lane road entering (and even exiting) into key west and even me being driven across the 7 mile bridge....

not to mention the old rail bridge that use to lead directly into key west, along with the official entrance of key west & even key largo, and even some of the scattered remote islands on the way there, such as the one connected to the old bridge

those are Definately all within the florida keys ;) 

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

As a guy who's spent a lot of time in KW over the years, you missed showing the true charm of the island.  The little spots, like Bahama Village.  The local business owners.  The arts scene.  The incredible musicians at places like Virgilio's and Little Room.  While the gay strip has gotten much smaller over the last twenty years, it's still got a few great spots for a drink and a dance.

It was mostly drive-by, dashboard cam footage... And that's fine.  I'm just glad you finally got to experience it, but if and when you go back, stay there for several days and really dive in.

19 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

As a guy who's spent a lot of time in KW over the years, you missed showing the true charm of the island.  The little spots, like Bahama Village.  The local business owners.  The arts scene.  The incredible musicians at places like Virgilio's and Little Room.  While the gay strip has gotten much smaller over the last twenty years, it's still got a few great spots for a drink and a dance.

It was mostly drive-by, dashboard cam footage... And that's fine.  I'm just glad you finally got to experience it, but if and when you go back, stay there for several days and really dive in.

oh i see now,

As much as i loved being driven through Key West, i honestly can't imagine staying there for several days :S 

the title of the video says Florida Keys (2022) | Autistic Guy's Adventure | Summer Time Sadness | Joe Winko

that DEFINATELY has something to do with it. I don't get drawn by the stuff that normal people find fun. basically all I wanted to do in Key West was see the landscape & record it on my dash cam and catch the major landmarks on camera. I just thought key west was interesting because it's a bunch of small islands in florida that you can drive through which are at the southern end of florida. 

I honestly Never been into the whole bar or nightclub scene. not even an arts or musuem person, UNLESS the art seems relevant to something in my life, but that's a whole different rabbit hole right there.

I actually would have been spending a lot of time there at first because there was this one weird guy who messaged me on grindr (imagine the burgular/robber from the 1993 movie Dennis the Menace, except imagine him 50 times heavier) who thought I was "sexy" and he wanted to take me to this all male nude resort in Key West for 2 weeks, BUT when I met him & hung out with him, he got "freaked out" by me wearing my PPE in public places because I was scared of coronavirus... and just because of that, he told me that he didnt want to take me -_- & i thought that was really stupid of him (I plan on talking about that in a video). BUT a month later I met another guy online who decided to take me to Key West which lead to this video ☺

Basically, all I wanted to do there was film a dash cam video of being driven through the islands, get out and see one of the major stops (such as that weird monument that so many people were lining up infront of) and I chose the 80s remix of the song Summertime Sadness because I was sad that the last guy was too stupid to take me to key west based on me masking up & didnt even find out that I actually DO NOT wear the mask when Im alone in a car with someone and that i ONLY mask up when im inside public places, but I was honestly better off now that i think of it. I probably would have gotten bored at a nudest resort for 2 whole weeks now that I think of it. (I really wasn't "sad" about him not taking me to Key West because I DID get to go as you saw, but I kinda have an irrational anger towards stupidty like that sometimes, but that's a problem I'll need to work out myself 😛) I think "annoyed" & "agitated" is a better word to describe how i felt about him -_- 

More informantion than you probably wanted to know ☺ but I felt like mentioning that at least ☺ (I was planning on talking about all of that in one of my next youtube videos, my followers love hearing about the dramas in my life.) 

image.png.0b1dbeff37b840803ddd72f731802c81.png 

oh yeah, a couple more things I wanted to add, here's the throphy i gave to the guy who brought me to key west. I make & give these throphies to all the guys who take me on long drives:

No photo description available.

& then last there was also this goon on reddit that i featured in the start of the video...

the thing that made me angry about that comment is not that he was insulting my trademark look, but the fact that he was actually stupid enough to think that I would take all of that as "helpful advice" & to top it off, even had the nerve to tell me to "stop giving out the throphies"... SERIOUSLY?? that's one of the coolest ideas I came up with when it comes to this!

and "trading ass for a hitch"?? I can't even take it up the ass! #TotalTop

but that's the kind of stupidity I have to deal with on reddit (I honestly hate that site & hope it gets shut down one day, but that's also a whole different story.

hope someone found that ramble interesting ☺ ☺ ☺ 

image.png.dffe5b6f76984af02c460e0fd9bd77d6.png

• RadioRob changed the title to man I met online brought me to KEY WEST Florida
  • 1 year later...
On 11/7/2022 at 2:19 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

As a guy who's spent a lot of time in KW over the years, you missed showing the true charm of the island. 

I’ve been to KW many times, and it’s indeed magical. But, I haven’t seen your KW. I’m adding KW with @BenjaminNicholasto my wishlist!