NYC caution

Guest fm0322

I’ve gotten massage for years and experienced almost everything! I’ve never had a masseur no-show for an in-call! https://rentmasseur.com/RonMasseur

i don’t post negative reviews b/c YMMV. Ron has an inviting profile. His space is very attractive, comfortable table, nice music. My first massage with him was fine. I returned for a second massage. Arranged the time on Monday for a Wednesday session. I sent a text when I arrived at his place, no response. I waited and still no response. Finally I called the number he uses and got.”not in service” response. He seems like a nice person and maybe he just didn’t want to see me. Anyway, be cautious. 

3 minutes ago, fm0322 said:

I’ve gotten massage for years and experienced almost everything! I’ve never had a masseur no-show for an in-call! https://rentmasseur.com/RonMasseur

i don’t post negative reviews b/c YMMV. Ron has an inviting profile. His space is very attractive, comfortable table, nice music. My first massage with him was fine. I returned for a second massage. Arranged the time on Monday for a Wednesday session. I sent a text when I arrived at his place, no response. I waited and still no response. Finally I called the number he uses and got.”not in service” response. He seems like a nice person and maybe he just didn’t want to see me. Anyway, be cautious. 

"Not in service" is very generic, I don't believe you should take it personally.

It could just be a misunderstanding on his part. Happened to me once… although I was the provider!  A regular client had been talking about arranging a session. We’d discussed times and days etc (on WhatsApp). 

So, I’m working out at the gym, and I see a missed call on my phone. Then I see a text ‘Hey Jamie I’m here’. Confusion on my part….am I missing something? I text back… ‘sorry? Don’t understand?’…. The guy texts ‘I’m outside, we said 3pm…’ 

Whoops. Turns out the booking was much more firm on his side than mine. Looking back at his messages I could see how he’d interpreted it as a firm booking and I had interpreted it as a possible which he would confirm (he was always asking about availability and then not booking because he had a very unpredictable schedule). So I’d assumed he didn’t want the time and hadn’t booked it in my diary. 

I apologised and explained the mix up and he was very relaxed about it, so no harm done. Now I always make sure the booking is confirmed explicitly. 

The other possibility is that your guy has been involved in some kind of accident. I hope that’s not the case. 

There could be a misunderstanding or he may have changed his mind. But no follow up and no apology. His ad runs currently.

His fee isn’t cheap and I gave a generous tip at the first session. I took the slight personally. I don’t leave scorching review on masseurs’ websites, although tempted. Im moving on. As a long time member on this site, I felt obligated to share my experience. I really have nothing more to add.  

I feel you as the same experience happened for me. Not to this masseur but to other in the past. You made time, you travel, you arrived, you waited. Those were cost incurred for the session from your side even before you pay him for his fee. 

In my case, the masseur texted back 20 mins after I left saying he confused my appointment with the other. And his other client came before me and he thought it was me. I arrived 10 mins early so I didn’t quite believe what he said. Plus how could he stop massaging his client to text me back and forth. After text exchange and me telling him how disappointing I was, he asked me to F off and that I overreacted. I stopped talking at that point and moved on. 

so I hear you and this should be shared unless handled properly by the masseur such as apology or a makeup session at discount as part of customer service.