Washington DC

ericwinters

As for restaurants, it’s off the beaten path but I’m a huge fan of “Primrose” on 11th St. NE.  Nice atmosphere, great cocktails, and creative food.
You may also want to consult the Washington Post’s 2022 Best Restaurants list, recently published.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/interactive/2022/best-restaurants-in-dc-2022/

On 10/9/2022 at 5:44 AM, ericwinters said:

Any recommendations of the boys, clubs, restatement and other to dos?

Thanks

Consult TripAdvisor, gaycities (WDC)...  That's what I did when I'd planned to visit our nation's capital a year or so ago.  ...did not finalize because of Covid rates of infection in the area, etc.  I am hoping to do our capital in 2023 and will resume plans soon.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:44 AM, ericwinters said:

Any recommendations of the boys, clubs, restatement and other to dos?

Thanks

For other "to do's", call your Congressman in advance of your trip.  They can reserve for you a time slot for the free Capitol building tour, provide free tickets to the galleries of the House and the Senate (if both are in session) and get you on the list for a White House tour (White House tour has to be reserved months in advance, and requires a security background check).

Besides all of the fantastic monuments (Jefferson is my favorite) and free museums (definitely the Museum of American History, and Holocaust Museum), the highlight of my trip was watching the Senate being called for a vote while observing from the gallery above.