Ratatouille

Luv2play

This is the season when the markets are overflowing with ripe garden tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and other ingredients that cooked together make a wonderful Mediterranean side dish for all sorts of meats and fish. 

And everything is so cheap and bountiful that I can't resist making up large pot-fulls and freezing some for colder days ahead. Of course I'm  having some right now and reheated it is even better as the flavours of the different vegetables have blended even more.

And most importantly it is a healthy food and can be part of a balanced nutritious diet.

22 hours ago, Luv2play said:

This is the season when the markets are overflowing with ripe garden tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini and other ingredients that cooked together make a wonderful Mediterranean side dish for all sorts of meats and fish. 

And everything is so cheap and bountiful that I can't resist making up large pot-fulls and freezing some for colder days ahead. Of course I'm  having some right now and reheated it is even better as the flavours of the different vegetables have blended even more.

And most importantly it is a healthy food and can be part of a balanced nutritious diet.

I had a recipe for baked ratatouille that I got out of a Sunset cookbook decades ago.  No matter the season, it was my go-to dish for potlucks.  Didn't seem to matter how many people were there, it always disappeared.