Boston | what to do?

ericwinters

If you enjoy art I would highly recommend the ICA over in the Seaport district. Anthony’s Pier 4 and the NoName might be gone but that whole side of town over the channel is fun to walk thru. 

Skip Quincy Market…instead walk over to the newer Public Market a few blocks away across from the Haymarket T stop and you will find indoor stalls from local producers.

If it’s been that long since you’ve been to Boston then you might also want to walk the Rose Kennedy Greenway, created from tearing down the old elevated I-93….from the big dig

1 hour ago, ericwinters said:

Who's got the best? 

Food Insider was split:  one picked Atlantic Fish Company, the other Boston Sail Loft.  My fave was always Legal Sea Foods.  I could eat 2 bowls and still want a 3rd.  The problem with Legal is that most of their locations have interiors that remind you of your old high school cafeteria. 

As for Gay Culture, Boston has become highly homogenized.  There are a few neighborhood bars (Club Cafe, DBar, Cathedral Station) but the day of the big dance clubs is gone.

I still love my Boston though.  Visit the Seaport, Back Bay, South End and Cambridge.   Take a day trip (ferry) to Provincetown if you have time.   e have several great museums.  Chinatown, North End (little Italy).  All good.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:53 AM, ericwinters said:

Any favorite spots for scrod?

Legal Seafood is a chain with excellent seafood and several locations throughout Boston.  Neptune Oyster in the North End is also great, though there is often a line to get a table (no reservations).   For an epic high end restaurant seafood experience try Mare (pronounced mar-ray) in the North End.