Wok Stir Fry

MikeBiDude

I recently bought a new range that has a 25K BTU’s burner. The stove is a Bluestar, and by design simply removing the ringed grate leaves a perfect Wok ring! On any of the burners. I own a fairly pricey hand hammered steel wok, well seasoned. 

So I’m open to suggestions for recipes.  I found this Cashew Chicken Ding and made it, and wow it was fun and very flavorful! I used chicken thighs vs. the breast meat because I had some fresh leftover from making Kung Pao Chicken. Both of these links lead to long verbose explanations like many online recipes, I always click on “jump to recipe”!

Also did a vegetarian spicy tofu dish that was really good.

Edit: here’s the spicy tofu recipe was great!

Any favorite wok stir fry fans out there?

Envious of your 25K BTU burner! I think our local building codes won't permit that hot.

"The Wok" by Kenji Lopez-Alt is a great reference with excellent recipes.

Any cookbook by Fuchsia Dunlop, especially if you like Sichuan and Hunan Chinese food.

http://www.fuchsiadunlop.com/books/

If you Google "Fuchsia Dunlop recipes" several come up without needing to buy her books.

On 7/13/2022 at 7:21 PM, MikeBiDude said:

Any favorite wok stir fry fans out there?

On 7/17/2022 at 7:10 PM, musclvr said:

"The Wok" by Kenji Lopez-Alt is a great reference with excellent recipes.

13 hours ago, samhexum said:

Every time I see this topic headline I think there was a misspelling and it was supposed to be WOKE stir fry and I wonder what about a stir fry could be woke?

Woke Stir/Fry

https://www.pinterest.com/sks_alshaqsi/woke-stirfry/

7 minutes ago, MikeBiDude said:

Which of those have you prepared?and recommend?

I own a wok (left behind in 2003 by a former roommate who'd never used it), but have never cooked with one.

I just figured this site gives a bunch of recipes and experienced wok(e) users might be able to tell via the ingredients/cook times which might be good, or maybe just get inspiration from.

13 hours ago, samhexum said:

I own a wok (left behind in 2003 by a former roommate who'd never used it), but have never cooked with one.

I just figured this site gives a bunch of recipes and experienced wok(e) users might be able to tell via the ingredients/cook times which might be good, or maybe just get inspiration from.

Take a look at this site for some good entry level and flavorful approaches to wok cookery:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBrxd1Mum2cYH7DOxo2exJA